Anyone trying to lose about 40 pounds?

Options
124»

Replies

• Sprootles
    Sprootles Posts: 16
    Options
    I am! Actually I need to lose more than that, but 40 lbs. is my starting goal. I just started today, so time will tell. What I'm trying to do is work it to where I'm careful during the day and still be able to eat a little of what my family eats at night. Of course, little do they know that I will be switching up their recipes for healthier eating.

I'm probably a prime candidate for Type 2 Diabetes, being 42, overweight, and the child of a parent who has it.

I'm just taking it one day at a time and my philosophy will be that numbers are nice, but the way my clothes fit and the way I feel are more important that what some chart tells me I should be weighing.
  • speediejane
    speediejane Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I would love to lose 40 pounds -feel free to add for support anybody
  • nlenz16
    nlenz16 Posts: 73
    Options
    Me!!! I have 38 more pounds to lose and am getting married May 26 2013! :) add me if you'd like!
  • triathlete5301
    triathlete5301 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Forty is my minimum goal. I have a wedding 2 years from today that I want to look smashing in. 50-60 would be my ultimate goal, but if I lose 40 and I have a lot of muscle, I will be happy with that too :smile:
  • BobbyDAGLEY
    BobbyDAGLEY Posts: 301
    Options
    I have 39.2 lbs left to lose
  • getthin4life
    Options
    I am in my late forties and have 46 pounds to go. Trying to do it slow and steady. Please feel free to add me as a friend. I got remarried two years ago without losing the weight and all I have are regrets. Oh well at least I married the right man this time Lund.