Green Coffee Bean Extract... results?

Options
anyone try pure green coffee bean extract and have any results? positive and/or negative? i would like opinions from real people and not Dr. Oz before i try it out!

Replies

• MyTime1985
    MyTime1985 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    A good friend of mine saw that episode and ordered them on-line. He should have them next week. I'm curious as well!
  • mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I doubt they would do anything different than you drinking a cup or two of coffee.

Most of what Dr. Oz speaks about he is paid to do so and to push those pills.... 99.9% of what he talks about and pushes on his show is crap.
  • freezingmoon
    Options
    I doubt they would do anything different than you drinking a cup or two of coffee.

Most of what Dr. Oz speaks about he is paid to do so and to push those pills.... 99.9% of what he talks about and pushes on his show is crap.

I agree... I hate the show but my mom watches it every day. Normally I ignore all his stupid pills, but this seemed different.. they are UNROASTED coffee beans which contain an acid not present in roasted coffee. And the nutritionist he had on the show said to only take it PURE without any silica, etc. I see no harm in taking a pure extract, but wonder if it's even worth purchasing to try.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    In general, claims about "an enzyme" or "an element" not found ANYWHERE BUT THIS EXPENSIVE FOOD I WANT TO SELL YOU... well, you know the rest.

The only thing "green" and "weight loss" have in common with 99% of these things is the weight loss your wallet shall soon experience.
  • freezingmoon
    Options
    Okay, well the other reason I ask is because Starbucks has introduced a new line of low-cal beverages with the extract in it. I drink coffee every day anyway and I'm more curious about the results of unroasted vs roasted.
  • mallory3411
    Options
    You can buy unroasted coffee beans in the store. Roasting them does not make them into a weight loss thing.

Just because this extract is in the Starbucks low cal drinks doesn't mean it does anything.
  • freezingmoon
    Options
    You can buy unroasted coffee beans in the store. Roasting them does not make them into a weight loss thing.

Just because this extract is in the Starbucks low cal drinks doesn't mean it does anything.

don't know why everyone who has responded to this has been nothing but condescending. i didn't say it had to "do something" because it's in a starbucks drink. i was curious if anyone had POSITIVE or NEGATIVE results after consuming it.
  • freezingmoon
    Options
    also, i've never seen green coffee beans (unroasted) in the store. i'm not even looking for some quick weight loss solution. i just drink a lot of coffee and wonder if consuming an extract from the UNROASTED BEANS would be any different than drinking a cup of joe.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    It's just snake oil.
  • mallory3411
    Options

don't know why everyone who has responded to this has been nothing but condescending. i didn't say it had to "do something" because it's in a starbucks drink. i was curious if anyone had POSITIVE or NEGATIVE results after consuming it.

Keep in mind you can't tell someone's tone when reading text on the screen. I know I wasn't trying to be condescending, can't speak for anyone else who may of posted.

We responded with our reviews of the subject. A co-worker of mine tried this stuff and it did nothing. Personally I wouldn't waste the money on it. All these diet pills on the market and the extracts and keytones, etc that Dr. Oz recommends are worthless. Most haven't been proven to work.

However if you want to try it go ahead... you have to make your own choices.
  • Kibibijones
    Options
    I am a real person lol and I did buy them. They were here Monday night when I got off work and I took my first one that night. Since then I have been taking two a day. Today is Friday so really its only like my 3rd or 4th day taking them and I have already lost 2 pounds! I do not work out and I have not been dieting however I have not been eating any fast food. I think I am gonna up my dose but it IS working for me so far. I am shocked.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    What is it supposed to do?
  • Kibibijones
    Options
    btw roasted coffee is NOT the same and will NOT produce the same outcome. From what I have learned, when you roast coffee or brew it (what ever the coffee drinkers do) it is boiling out all of the things in the coffee bean that makes you lose the wait be boiled out.
  • insane5150
    insane5150 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I also have a friend that had recently started taking them. She is typically 5day workout person but had incurred an injury resulting in no workout. She lost 1lb in 3days. They are supposed to scrable how you body distributes glucose something like that. & they don't make you feel jittery like you drank too much coffee.
  • FitnessBarbie99
    FitnessBarbie99 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I'm giving it a try, but so far no results. I started taking it on May 11

I switched a few days ago (May 21) to a brand that doesn't have any fillers as recommended, but after 4 days, I haven't seen any results. I am "going" a bit, a bit more often though...
    This wouldn't be the first weight loss product to do that . snicker!

I take it twice a day and am considering up the dosage .

I had hoped for the "increased energy" levels suggested by the study, etc., but I haven't felt that muchless any fat loss so my experience so far hasn't been very promising.
  • supersourbubble
    Options
    I worked at starbucks, the point of the green beans was just to add a small amount of caffeine to a sugary summer drink we sold. It's not nearly as much caffeine as even a small cup of coffee. I wouldn't waste the money though. There's no magic in coffee beans.
  • blacksagephoenix
    blacksagephoenix Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    The green coffee bean extract has worked for me so far. I ordered the cheapest bottle I could find from amazon. I paid only $10 for 800mg dosage, 60 pills, one month supply. I have read reviews in other places about how the "cheap" bottles of this is really not what it says it is. Everyone was complaining that it tasted like cocoa powder and sugar so I cracked open a capsule and sure enough, what I had was a fake! So I switched to a different brand with better reviews and lost 7 lbs last week. I just joined this website so I put my current weight as the start point, after the 7 lbs I lost. I am not quitting this anytime soon!
  • myjourney2
    myjourney2 Posts: 424 Member
    Options

The only thing "green" and "weight loss" have in common with 99% of these things is the weight loss your wallet shall soon experience.

Agree!
  • yardiechick1276
    Options
    I noticed that people arent answering the question. I would be frustrated if I sought answers and everybody decided to go on a tangent. Anywho....I bought this Friday and its Sunday and I feel a TREMENDOUS difference in my energy level. After I ate I always wanted to go to sleep but that is not the case anymore. I am full of energy now. This stuff does however, make you poop. Has anyone else noticed that? I dont have a scale so I don't know if I am losing weight but I feel great and for that reason Im sticking to it. I don't think this is the placebo effect because I used to DRAG *kitten*. I was so tired I had to take a nap everyday. I don't feel that way anymore. Good luck to you all :-)
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I noticed that people arent answering the question. I would be frustrated if I sought answers and everybody decided to go on a tangent. Anywho....I bought this Friday and its Sunday and I feel a TREMENDOUS difference in my energy level. After I ate I always wanted to go to sleep but that is not the case anymore. I am full of energy now. This stuff does however, make you poop. Has anyone else noticed that? I dont have a scale so I don't know if I am losing weight but I feel great and for that reason Im sticking to it. I don't think this is the placebo effect because I used to DRAG *kitten*. I was so tired I had to take a nap everyday. I don't feel that way anymore. Good luck to you all :-)

She asked for opinion - she got them