Green Coffee Bean Extract... results?

Options

Replies

• alleykat69
    alleykat69 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I have done rasberry ketone and green coffee bean. I had lose weight with the rasberry ketone but not with the green coffee bean. I know others that have lost weight on both of them. Each person is different. What might work for one might not work for another. I say give them try and see for yourself. Make sure they don't have fillers.
  • alleykat69
    Options
    So, I bought the pure green coffee bean extract. Started taking 800mg twice/day and had absolutely no effect. No increase in energy, no weight loss and no side effects with poop. Does this stuff really work? Maybe for some people, but I am not that lucky.

I wasn't lucky, but I found out that I was taking one with a filler. Make sure it has no filler in it.
  • Cat____
    Cat____ Posts: 3
    Options
    In response to ElisaGal123 post above this post about the sad sad quote given.

This message quoted is so sad. Why would someone do this? Maybe because they are just plain angry, or feeling hopeless....depressed and felt compelled to share their dark dreary cloud?

Understanding where our food comes from, how it reacts with your body; you will learn we are all 'victims' of obesity
    and bad health to the food industry. Our soils are so depleted of nutrients to fortify our crops, pesticides and genetic modification has had a negative effect of how our bodies metabolize our food. Meat, dairy, eggs poison our bodies,
    our minds, every day, never mind the horrible lives animals endure before they are murdered all becomes apart of
    our mind, body, and spirit after we eat it without good results.

Going organic and vegan will help a lot of our health but it is still just as easy to be a fat vegan as it is to be a fat omnivore.
    The green coffee bean is what it is, derived from a 'plant'. So, just because it is encapsulated, doesn't mean it is
    a pill. It is a 'supplement'. It is pretty bitter to take without the capsule and most don't like this but with a little honey,
    or putting it into a smoothy helps get it down. It is also very healthy and good for you. I'm all for the natural process,
    and if Mother Nature has a solution, I am listening.
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    is this a joke? i'm honestly beginning to think that if someone relies on a pill to lose weight then they don't deserve to lose it. Work hard. Have your own self-control rather than taking a pill that supposedly "curbs your appetite." Plenty of people on this site and other sites lose weight by exercise and self-control. Honestly. I've gotten over multiple plateaus on my own by changing up what I do. Yeah, it takes a little process of elimination work but it happens. If you're just gonna be lazy and take a pill you might as well not even try. Your magic solution won't work and you'll give up.

This isn't directed to the OP, just the thread in general.

I can appreciate how well you've done and the hard work it has taken for you to get to where you are. But, don't be so harsh in judging others who are just starting out on their path or have encountered road blocks and are looking for help. From what I've heard about any supplement that helps in weight loss...it is just an aid..never touted as a magic pill that you take and that's it. ..you still have to diet and exercise.. I think most people know that.

the issue is that most people don't know that... that's why i get annoyed
  • Shawnalafray
    Options
    I have been taking it for about 1 1/2 weeks. I bought mine at Sprouts at $20 for a bottle of 90. I do not know whether I have lost any weight or not but I have noticed that it make you poop alot. No less than3-4 times a day for me. I have not noticed a energy boost but I was already taking B-12 daily. Anyway, Good Luck!
  • jmsouth5
    jmsouth5 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I have been taking it for about 1 1/2 weeks. I bought mine at Sprouts at $20 for a bottle of 90. I do not know whether I have lost any weight or not but I have noticed that it make you poop alot. No less than3-4 times a day for me. I have not noticed a energy boost but I was already taking B-12 daily. Anyway, Good Luck!

Wondering what brand you found? That is a very good price, bummer no Sprouts in my area.
  • alleykat69
    Options
    I noticed that people arent answering the question. I would be frustrated if I sought answers and everybody decided to go on a tangent. Anywho....I bought this Friday and its Sunday and I feel a TREMENDOUS difference in my energy level. After I ate I always wanted to go to sleep but that is not the case anymore. I am full of energy now. This stuff does however, make you poop. Has anyone else noticed that? I dont have a scale so I don't know if I am losing weight but I feel great and for that reason Im sticking to it. I don't think this is the placebo effect because I used to DRAG *kitten*. I was so tired I had to take a nap everyday. I don't feel that way anymore. Good luck to you all :-)

She asked for opinion - she got them

She wanted an opinion from those who have tried it.
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have a bridge for sale that will help you lose weight, any takers?
  • MellyMelx23o
    Options
    used them...lost like a pound & that was it...
  • Stephanie_Autry
    Stephanie_Autry Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Took them for 30 days and nothing changed... It was like Sensa- it did absolutely nothing.
    It was called pure health pure coffee bean extract- bought it was walmart for a 15 day supply $10.
    Right next to it was raspberry ketones- same thing Dr. Oz mentioned... Now I'm beginning to think he is loony!
  • TiaDekattu
    Options
    It is pretty good but can be expensive . It makes you feel full . peacantia
  • Wthompson1215
    Wthompson1215 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    My aunt is doing the weight watchers weigh ins. After taking the coffee bean extract along with chia seed she was down 6Lbs in 8 days. It could just be water, but who knows. I say if you want to try it go for it. The health food store also sells them. If it works for you, then who's to judge. I just find it interesting how a site that is supposed to be so positive, has so many negative people!!!
  • alleykat69
    Options
    Took them for 30 days and nothing changed... It was like Sensa- it did absolutely nothing.
    It was called pure health pure coffee bean extract- bought it was walmart for a 15 day supply $10.
    Right next to it was raspberry ketones- same thing Dr. Oz mentioned... Now I'm beginning to think he is loony!

Pure health from wall mart is fake.
  • SalishSea
    SalishSea Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz is such a jerk. Really his show is like an infomercial. Doesn't he have enough money already? He could be doing a great public service by talking about how to be healthy and what health means. But instead he would rather hawk some goods for profit.
  • alleykat69
    Options
    My aunt is doing the weight watchers weigh ins. After taking the coffee bean extract along with chia seed she was down 6Lbs in 8 days. It could just be water, but who knows. I say if you want to try it go for it. The health food store also sells them. If it works for you, then who's to judge. I just find it interesting how a site that is supposed to be so positive, has so many negative people!!!

I so agree. People are so negative here at MFP. Where did she get the Chia seeds?
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Tried it. Doesn't work. Another gimic. This why I don't watch Dr. Oz.....
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz is such a jerk. Really his show is like an infomercial. Doesn't he have enough money already? He could be doing a great public service by talking about how to be healthy and what health means. But instead he would rather hawk some goods for profit.

Agreed. He used to be more concerned with health when he was a guest on Oprah's show back in the day. Now that he has his own he's no good..
  • angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    My wife started taking them a couple of weeks ago and is down two pounds. She isn't exercising and her diet is ok.
  • julesribar
    julesribar Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I like this answer!!!
  • mcanavan05
    mcanavan05 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I got them...dropped 5lbs in just over a weeks time...eating on ave 1900 cal per day leaning toward protein more than carbs and walking 2-3miles per day. Not working out. 1 cap 30min before breakfast 1 cap 30min before dinner. 64oz of water for the day too.

I was stuck at 214-211 for the longest time since starting at 224.5 a year ago next month.