• JamCubeChi
    JamCubeChi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • melb2003
    melb2003 Posts: 198
    Options

Somehow, yes. Stupid >mean.

Both are pointless and only serve to make MFP a less welcoming and helpful place for new users.

I just am saying that it seems to me like the best thing to do would be to share helpful advice. The grammar thing...well...I agree her grammar is bad, but this isn't a website dedicated to helping our youth achieve academic goals. It's about health and fitness. And I think our energy is better served by sharing our knowledge with her about health and wellness since this is where her heart is open, rather than knocking her down.

I'm sorry but if someone wanted to post a serious question and get helpful answers, I would think that they would want to make their opening post (and their responses) readable. I gather basically she wants to lose 5 pounds in a week.

Honestly OP, You'll lose most likely in water weight the first week if you drastically change your diet. Low carbs help lose initial water weight as well, but is (for me) unsustainable for a long term solution. After that though, you have to commit to a lifestyle change and how to work in moderation of eating right and eating things you enjoy. So in short, it's possible for you to lose 5 pounds in a week.

I was able to read them just fine.

Me too. I don't usually type in abbreviations or short hand and that was all she was doing. U hvn nvr dne tht? I gues sm ppl rnt hip 2 it.
  • melb2003
    Options

Agreed. Most people were able to read and understand the OP, myself included.

Apparently some other people would rather look down on a person for grammar and spelling errors than help someone who clearly needs assistance. Thanks for telling those folks to take it somewhere else.

I don't like grammar and spelling errors either. But I like being a mean person even less, so I STFU. Anyone making comments about OP's writing style should do the same.

:drinker: Agree!!! I geniuenly am glad to see that there are people on here that aren't just looking to look down on others and finding ways to be so condensending to others. Just because a person doesn't do things like you would doesn't give you the right to talk to them and make them feel bad. Every person is different.
  • melb2003
    Options

Agreed. Most people were able to read and understand the OP, myself included.

Apparently some other people would rather look down on a person for grammar and spelling errors than help someone who clearly needs assistance. Thanks for telling those folks to take it somewhere else.

I don't like grammar and spelling errors either. But I like being a mean person even less, so I STFU. Anyone making comments about OP's writing style should do the same.

:drinker: Agree!!! I geniuenly am glad to see that there are people on here that aren't just looking to look down on others and finding ways to be so condensending to others. Just because a person doesn't do things like you would doesn't give you the right to talk to them and make them feel bad. Every person is different.
  • ashleab37
    ashleab37 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Sweetie this website says you must be 18+ to sign up. It's for a good reason too.
  • daisyverma
    daisyverma Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...5lbs a week is a very aggressive goal

When a person is heavier they do lose weight faster but that is for a limited, and at some point the dreaded plateau happens

My only concern is if you dont lose 5lbs a week consistently, are you the type of person who will become upset over that and quit?
    It happens to alot of pple trying to lose weight and its very easy to get discouraged and frustrated when you have a large goal in a limited time frame.

I have been in your shoes as I have been overweight all my life and every time school ended I would go on some crazy diet...but it never worked for me cause I love to eat and its not realistic for me personally

I say take it one day at a time

First analyze your eating habits and see where you are going wrong. Eliminate the offending foods and find healthier ways to treat yourself...meaning portion control

Then start an exercise program, afteryou have established your eating habits as changing your diet takes a toll on your body.

I have a goal but I am not giving myself a time limit. Just taking it one day at a time and it has worked for me..finally!

I have lost 20lbs prior to MFP and now lost another 11 here.

Besides you can lose weight during the school term as well...imagine all the compliments you will get at school as they see you getting fitter and trimmer.

Also, if you do want to pursue 5lb a week goal, then perhaps do it under medical supervision as you are young and you dont wanan screw your metabolism for the rest of your life