If you are scared to increase calories

Options
1202122232426»

Replies

• leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    i have increased mine several times, and it normally gets me off my plateaus
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Re-posting the OP from the first thread:
    I want you to do TWO things if you are scared to increase your calories from your media indoctrinated 1200 calorie mentality.

1) Do an informal survey here. Go and read all of the topics where the subject is "my weight loss stalled", "worked 4 weeks haven't lost a pound", etc. and you will notice two things:

a. Their NET calorie goal will be under their BMR
    b. They are working out 6-7 days a week.

2) Join the group: Eat More, Weigh Less and read the stickies.

You don't have to starve yourself to lose weight. Its not that hard. Go to fat2fitradio.com:
    1) Run the Military Body Fat calculator
    2) Run the goal weight calculator using the BF% from above
    3) Run the BMR Calculator and eat at the proper TDEE for your GOAL weight and activity level.
    4) Lift something heavy 3 days a week and walk five days a week.

You will have more energy, you will exercise harder, and you will NOT be hungry. You will keep the weight off once you start losing! Come on folks. Give it a try!

EDIT TO ADD:
    Important point. If you follow the advice above DO NOT eat back your exercise calories. They are already included in your TDEE calculation in step 3.
  • mtelt55
    mtelt55 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting, I went back and read the other post and replies. I have to admit that some days I don't even get 1200 even when I really try to make that the absolute minimum. I have to do better cause I know that's the reason the weight is dropping so slow right now. I've lost 26 lbs and have that much more to go. Just got a Fitbit so I hope to have a better idea of how many calories I burn every day, so I can adjust my calories accordingly.