Runners - keep your race bibs?

Options
13»

Replies

• pkfrankel
    pkfrankel Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I save bib numbers from memorable races. I have run many of the same races year after year. Each time the bib number means less and less.
  • pkfrankel
    pkfrankel Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I keep my bibs because they don't take up lots of space-- they fold nicely into a box with letters and other special papers.

I've donated medals to medals 4 mettle-- it's an organization that re-awards marathon, half-marathon, and triathlon medals from athletes to kids battling debilitating diseases.

That is a great idea! I googled medals 4 mettle and there is a chapter in my city. I will look through my collection for medals to donate. Thanks.
  • lizzhart1
    lizzhart1 Posts: 2
    Options
    My friend made this and it turned out really cute and was super easy. They had everything at Michael's.
  • Mceastes
    Mceastes Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I keep all of mine. They are covering my closet wall! It's a great reminder everyday of how much I've accomplished and how hard I've worked. Plus, they look cool. :wink:
  • eodtech89d
    eodtech89d Posts: 32
    Options
    I keep all of mine, I usually go to Michael's and get a nice size frame and put the T-shirt that you usually get for running the race and then pin the bib to the front.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Just did my 1st 5K two weeks ago...the bib is on the wall....something that I want to see to keep me motivated till I do my 2nd race. Can't wait.

Congrats on your first race!
  • camille108
    camille108 Posts: 10
    Options
    I have kept all of my bibs in a photo album. I didn't put any race or time info on the back but after reading these posts I will!