Cardio vs. Strength training results (pic)

Options

Replies

• Dimpszz
    Dimpszz Posts: 40
    Options
    Amazing progress!!!
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Holy moly! 3lbs!!! It looks like a lot more than that! Congrats

Question! Are you lifting weights at a deficit or eating at a surplus? And if so, how much?
  • Maurice1966
    Maurice1966 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    fantastic Results. Well done
  • Cmonnowguys
    Cmonnowguys Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Holy moly! 3lbs!!! It looks like a lot more than that! Congrats

Question! Are you lifting weights at a deficit or eating at a surplus? And if so, how much?

Thanks!

My first month I was netting around 1200. Once I started lifting I upped it to 1400 and recently to 1600. Depending on the workout i do, I net anywhere between 1500-2200 and I try to hit my macros of 30protein/25fat/45carbs. I've stayed at 158 for the last two weeks, since upping my cals, but I should go back down once my body adjusts.

My maintenance number is around 2200 cals, so anything below that is a deficit that should lead to weight loss. I try not to net below 1500 or else I usually get grumpy, hungry, and sleepy. Lol.
  • Cmonnowguys
    Options
    I get the same results from clients who concentrated only on cardio then come to me for help. Toss them to the racks and bust their *kitten* on heavy lifting. They may not lose a lot of weight but they drop in clothing size all the time. Good job.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

So true! I have always been the cardio queen. The problem was that I would get smaller, but my body composition would stay the same. Weights have actually started to change the shape of my body rather than just shrinking everything. I love it!
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I saw this post last night and I researched the stronglift 5x5 program. I'm going to give it a try! Your results are incredible and I've been looking for a way to help get me started in lifting weights. I'm excited to start and gain some muscle!
  • cassidyjd626
    cassidyjd626 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely wonderful! Thanks so much for the inspiration!
  • dhencel
    dhencel Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Only 14 pounds!!! Wow such an amazing change!!!!!
  • danielle5243
    danielle5243 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thank you sooo much for posting these pictures!! I have a very similar starting and current height/weight/and body shape as you do, and it's encouraging to see someone have great progess who is so similar! Keep up the good work! You're an inspiration!
  • Cmonnowguys
    Options
    I saw this post last night and I researched the stronglift 5x5 program. I'm going to give it a try! Your results are incredible and I've been looking for a way to help get me started in lifting weights. I'm excited to start and gain some muscle!

I'm glad you're giving it a try! You will love it. It honestly seems to have an addicting effect and you feel pretty cool knowing that you're looking better AND getting stronger.
  • erikapereira
    erikapereira Posts: 196
    Options
    wow you look great. even your twins liftted up!
  • Cmonnowguys
    Options
    Thank you sooo much for posting these pictures!! I have a very similar starting and current height/weight/and body shape as you do, and it's encouraging to see someone have great progess who is so similar! Keep up the good work! You're an inspiration!

Thank you! I was so inspried by the ladies on here who lift. I always liked the idea of strength training but I knew nothing about heavy lifting before I started reading the forums here on MFP. That got me doing some more reasearch on how to get started. Then once I saw women with bodies similar to mine transforming into bodies I never thought was possible for me, I was convinced!
    I think every woman should incorporate some lfting into their workout whether they just want to be lean or more shapely like a fitness model or if they want to go all out and get shredded. Having a little muscle underneath makes everyone look better! The bodyfat on top is what controls whether you want a softer or harder look.
  • Burlesque12
    Burlesque12 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Wow...great results! Your benhind & girls got a natural lift, not to mention the free tummy tuck too :) Thanks for posting & keep it up!
  • Cmonnowguys
    Options
    wow you look great. even your twins liftted up!

They did! Haha, I know a lot of women have problems losing theirs, and mine have definitely lost a little mass, but I am much happier with a a tad bit smaller but lifted, than what i had before - bigger and not so lifted. LOL.
  • treatingmybodyright
    treatingmybodyright Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    That is amazing--so much leaner and stronger!
  • klbaierwalter
    klbaierwalter Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Great work!
  • sugiravi
    sugiravi Posts: 48
    Options
    You look great! I'm going to rethink my strength training... might be time to move up from 5lb weights, thanks for the inspiration ;)
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Looking hot :) You're about the same weight/shape I am so I think I'm going to have to go research this 5x5 stronglift thing!!
  • Wen37
    Wen37 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! You look awesome!! Great job!
  • msliu7911
    msliu7911 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!!! GREAT JOB!

Its amazing to see your results from end of March to May 5...

If I were to take a guess just looking at the pics, I would have said you lost at least another 5-7 lbs... but for it to only be 3 that just shows that the number on the scale means NOTHING and toning and inches are everything! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!