Polar FT4 HRM

Options
124»

Replies

• spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Just a quick question. I am doing the insanity work-out and as there are limited exercise options to choose from on MFP I am choosing 'circuit training general'. I thought the calorie estimate seemed ok until I saw other on MFP users with a much higher burn.

I am right to assume that general circuit training is similar to an insanity work-out? Should I invest in a HRM and find out what my 'real' calorie count is?

Thanks

I wouldn't call it "real", but it should be much closer to actual numbers.
  • C_Stretton
    C_Stretton Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    So I'm really interested in buying a polar, but am also curious about using it without the watch. My reasons for this are because I'd like to see my calories burned during a pole dancing class and I don't want the watch to get in the way of the pole. Is it possible to just wear the chest straps and then see my results after the workout?

I think you need to have the watch on so that the watch and the strap communicate.

I have the same question... I'm thinking about getting a Polar HRM and would like to be able to see what I'm burning while boxing, but cannot wear a watch while doing that. Does anyone know if there is a radius that the watch needs to be in to communicate with the strap?
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Not sure if they are still available, but at one point Polar had an MMA wrist strap, so the watch could be warn with gloves: http://www.8weeksout.com/2009/03/18/polar-wrist-band-accessory/

You could also put it in a pocket or attached to your boxing shorts.