C25K... Results...Sucesses

Options
1235»

Replies

• fypspirit
    fypspirit Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Ok I just had to reply to this. I have never been a runner in fact I truly disliked running. I decided I would give it a shot when my brisk walking seemed a slow pace for me. I had not heard of the C25K at the time so since I live in the country I decided I would use telephone poles. I would walk to one then jog to another then walk to the next and so on. Pretty soon I was walking to one jogging to two. I still incorporate walking into it I usually do around 5 miles jogging the first 2.5 then jog/ walk back with the jogging up the steep hills. I really like it. It gets me outside enjoying the outside more so then ever before. I just pop on my headphones and it is kind of my release from the events of the day and it is wonderful. On days when I can't get a run in it starts to tick me off I like it so much. I think if you give it a try you will enjoy it also.
  • dfranks43
    dfranks43 Posts: 18
    Options
    I started it and made it to week 3 but unfortunately due to my work schedule...I switch between nights and days...I could not finish it. I have went ahead and done quite a few 5k's and mostly walk them at this point. I am beginning to run farther with each 5k I have done and have taken 8 minutes off of my times just by doing that. People I know that have done it have found it very successful when you can stick to the program. I am not giving up and will do what i can when I can so eventually I will run the whole 5k!
  • tay_913
    tay_913 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I've started C25K multiple times and always quit at week 3. This time I started and am determined to finish. I run every other day and I'm currently on Week 4, day 2 tonight! I felt quite accomplished when I could run that 3 minutes straight. It's not easy, but man do I feel good when it's over.