Women exercising outdoors

Options
13»

Replies

• RumOne
    RumOne Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry this happened to you! CALL THE POLICE! It is not your fault and if he didn't want to get into trouble then he shouldn't have put his hands on you.

Thank you for reminding us that we need to be aware of our surroundings
  • twistofcain
    twistofcain Posts: 190
    Options
    Sorry that happened to you.

Reminds me of when my dad used to walk at the track at the high school where he lived. There was always a woman there after dark(they did have lights there) and he was walking with her one night, and asked "Aren't you ever scared or nervous walking here at night?" she simply replied, "I have nothing to be scared of with a .45 backing me."
  • jdhosier
    jdhosier Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    One behalf of my daughter (here on MFP) and my wife, thank you for having the courage to share your experience and reminding all of us (men and women) to be vigilant. You are a very brave woman.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I honestly cannot even believe this. I am in total shock. That's complete bs. I'd be calling it in right away.
  • SouthernSweetie74
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. The same thing happened to me, except it wasn't a kid... it was an older man... my kids were even there... I felt so dirty afterwards... yuck...
  • cannonsky
    cannonsky Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    excellent tips. I'm so sorry you had to go through that. But thank you for sharing
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry that you had to experience that. It's sickening that it happens.

I have a tazer and a big black dog who likes to bark. I hope I never have to use either one!!
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    That's just awesome!
  • JMPerlin
    JMPerlin Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Its probably been said before but it bears repeating. make sure you report this to the Police even if you cannot identify the jerk. The police will then be aware of the situation, if not already, and can work on catching the s@#m.
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry this happened to you but I am glad it wasn't worse. It is a blessing that you can now educate some women to help prevent something far worse happening :flowerforyou:
  • mccarol1956
    mccarol1956 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I am so very sorry about what happened to you. Things like this should never happen to anyone.
    I haven't reported it yet, but plan to tomorrow. I can't identify the kid, but if he has done it before or does it again in the area, it may help.

Don't wait until tomorrow, how would you feel if the next person he came into contact he raped or even killed?

Initially I didn't want to get some poor kid in trouble for doing something really silly, that maybe he will never do again, but then i realised that if he is doing things like this then chances are high that he has been abused or has witnessed abuse, so yes, reporting it.

Do not make this person the victim, you are the victim and he has no business doing what he did. If he can do this he can do far worse. Do not give him the opportunity. You may protect someone else by reporting him!

I am still feeling yuck about it, so wanted to try to create some sort of positive from it.

I know talking about this will help some but if you start being afraid to do things you may need counseling. It was sexual abuse!!

Your advice is so wonderful for all of us on this forum and I appreciate that you shared it. It is so important that we be aware!
  • Sandyk5460
    Sandyk5460 Posts: 14
    Options
    I think every woman should take a basic self defense class. Many of our local Karate studios offer them, often for free. The basic premise is that your learn what to do to get AWAY! Not to fight! Always have an escape route in mind wherever you are. OP sounds like a smart lady - and that means we are all targets, no matter how prepared we are. We can only do our best to create a positive outcome from any encounter, but we can't let that fear keep us from living!

I'm so sorry for what you had to go through. I took a basic self defense class prior to starting my 3-11 shift. Here are a few tips:
    1. If you carry keys, put them in your hand, pick the biggest key and point it outward, wrapping your hand in a fist. If attacked, aim for the eyes. If no keys, put index finger straight, put your middle finger over top, aim for eyes.
    2. If attacked, use the bottom of your hand, just above the wrist, and punch upward under the attackers nose. (Note: If done correctly, will cause death to your attacker but the way I see it, they attacked you and you are fighting for your life.)
    I learned a lot more, like slamming your heel downward on attackers shin and into top of his foot. Just remember, his eyes are more vulnerable this his groin......and don't forget that you can bite, scratch....rip his ear off if need be. Just don't wash hands or yourself after an attack. There could be hair and skin on you that they can get successful DNA from. It is better NOT to change your clothes as you could loose particles of evidence but if you have to, put them in a plastic bag to take with you when you report the attack.
    Stay safe out there gals! Its always better to buddy up or take your dog with you.
  • Expialidojess
    Expialidojess Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    So sorry this happened to you. Thank you for sharing your story so that other women can be more aware of what can go wrong. The trails near where I live are heavily wooded and far from any houses, so I usually avoid them unless I have a running buddy. I agree with the others, too. If anything like this ever happens to anyone, ALWAYS report it to the police, even if you can't identify the person, so they can watch the area and maybe prevent it from happening to someone else in the future.