Ask me anything about fat/weight loss....

Options

Replies

• joakool
    joakool Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I have no question. Just wanted to say that GOOD GOD YOU ARE INCREDIBLE TO LOOK AT. :)

LOL! DITTO!
  • mrsknotts
    mrsknotts Posts: 115
    Options
    Bump
  • TheOfficialEpic
    Options
    I am 5ft 1in and currently weigh around 120lbs. Is it realistic enough for me to lose 10 - 15lbs in the next 4 months?

Very realistic. Could be done very safely too. One pound a week of weight loss is VERY safe. And with that you wouldn't even need four months! With four months you could slow it less than that so long as you're spot on with your counting.
  • jeaninemckinney
    Options
    Well where to start! I was doing greag when i first started and nowmive been stuck for over a month! Ive been reading so much about how u should eat more to lose and eat a certain amount of carbs and protein and fats lol this is all so confusing to me! I just want to get back to losing weight again! I dont workout hardcore but im building myself up and am hoping to join a gym soon! But im atleast doing a jillian dvd everyday!injust need simeone to tell me what to eat every day lol...imnot picky i love all veggies n fruits im just so confused and cant get back fully on track to see the results i want! I feelmmy muscles getting bigger and stronger i just need to get the fat off of them haha! Thanks for any input!:sad:
  • charliedavisxxx
    charliedavisxxx Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    bumpski x
  • missjay1029
    missjay1029 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • TheOfficialEpic
    Options
    My question is related to running. I am running a 10K in 5 weeks and I have been training for it. My longest run so far is 5.5 miles, so I know I should be able to finish the run, even though my pace is super slow. I am also planning on a half marathon in a few months. My question is...while running long distances, do I need anything during my run? I get really thirsty, so I usually run with a small water bottle, but do I need something more during the middle? And if so, what?

Hydrate Hydrate Hydrate.....and if you feel you're gonna bonk, you're runnin' low on carbs. The body can be trained to go forever on just stored body fat, but you have to slowly teach it. Don't do anything crazy or huge. Just slowly and progressively overload the body. Safety first, and enjoy the ride.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    What advice would you give to someone who is struggling to stay motivated in the face of sloowwww results due to hypothyroid? Or any insight on how to make the process a little faster? I'm not looking for a quick fix, but it just seems like the end is nowhere in sight at 2lbs a month....and this is with medication!
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    What can I do to loose when I've hit a plateau? Was loosing and now it went in reverse?? Still exercising, changing as to not do the same everyday. Eating the same as well.
    Wondering the same thing!
  • TheOfficialEpic
    Options
    What's your thought on intermittent fasting?

And if you believe in it, when you break the fast, do you eat all the daily calories allowance?

Thank you.

Ps. Following the thread with interest. My main question has been answered :wink:

Nothing wrong with IF....nothing wrong with the South Beach....nothing wrong with Paleo....nothing wrong with 6-8 meals a day or just three square meals. Big picture is that you're not eating more than you're burning. This can be accomplished on all the above. :)
  • iRebel
    iRebel Posts: 383
    Options
    Should I NET my BMR or eat up to it?
  • TheOfficialEpic
    Options
    Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my question

No prob. Happy to help yeh. :)
  • onmyway1101
    onmyway1101 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I am currently on a high protein, (30 grams for breakfast, 20 grams for lunch, and 20 grams for dinner) low carb (about 20-30 grams per day)... I have lost 10 pounds in the first week.... What is your take on this type of lifestyle???.... I got this plan off the 4 hour body.
  • bunny1006
    bunny1006 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    bump
  • TheOfficialEpic
    Options
    so how do i know if im overtraining?? i get sore, i get tired but...i have an underavtice thyroid and 5 kids. i expect to get sore and tired!! :) i train 6 days a week, 3 heavy weights, 3 1hr+ cardio and 3 fat burning cardio. usually about 1.5hrs a day.

btw thanks for all the advice, this is a great thread. you look fantastic, then i read that you loved yoga!! the single girls out there are gonna be chasing you ;)

How do you know if you're overtraining?....Lots of ways actually: Workouts getting progressively worse, lack of excitement/intersest in your workouts, waking up more and more trashed physically, mood swings, temperature dropping, colds, etc.
  • Alysgrma
    Alysgrma Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • TheOfficialEpic
    Options
    Thank you for doing this. I am an older female that wants to start strength training. I believe dead weights are better than machines. But since I will not have a spotter, would you recommend I start with machines or just jump in and do what I am able to do with dead weights?

Neither are better. They're both just tools we have. Both have pros and both have cons. If you're new to the game and do not have a spotter, then YES, definitely use machines. Nothing wrong with that.
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just want to make sure I understand this clearly. MFP set me to 1200 cals a day to lose 2lbs a week. My TDEE is 2800 and my BMR is 2100. So basically I should eat 1200 and not eat exercise cals back netting me about 700 cals a day? Is that what you're advising or are you assuming 1200 is after a cut we took from our calculated TDEE? Full disclosure...I'm a card carrying member of the Eat More to Weigh Less group here on MFP. I may be completely wrong and the result you've gotten speaks for itself but netting 700 cals a day seems like a bad idea, long term, to me. Thank you for your time!
  • TheOfficialEpic
    Options
    Can you take a quick peek at my diary? I start Jan of this year and have lost 25 inches and 16 pounds, but I am still confused as to how to consistantly lost 1-2 pounds a week, but my progress is about 3-4 pounds a month. I have a long way to go, so it would help if I am doing the right thing...I do need to get out the morbidly obese cat.

Thanks so much!

No need to look. All that matters is you're in a deficit and losing. There are 3,500 calories in a pound of fat. So doing the math for you, if you put yourself in a 500 calorie deficit for seven days in a row, then you will lose one pound of fat(500x7). The only reasons the scale MIGHT be off is for water weight, hidden calories, or not being spot on with your counting.
  • Microfiber_wechange
    Options

Nothing wrong with IF....nothing wrong with the South Beach....nothing wrong with Paleo....nothing wrong with 6-8 meals a day or just three square meals. Big picture is that you're not eating more than you're burning. This can be accomplished on all the above. :)

Thank you :flowerforyou: