Cottage Cheese.... This may seem silly....

Options

Replies

• Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    COttage Cheese and any sweet fruit like cantelope or peaches....instant yum!
  • EnthusedMeerkat
    EnthusedMeerkat Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    LOVE cottage cheese! I eat it straight...just like ice cream. I'll also add it to a salad. Not a fan of mixing it with fruit...
  • Mhachey
    Mhachey Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I like to eat mine with pepper as well, or with a tsp or so of salsa mixed in it, It is also great with greek yogurt and fresh berries.
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I love it with just about anything I have added it to! My favorite way to eat it though is with pineapple. Something about those two flavors just click! Also I like to steam a large Swiss Chard leaf then use it like a tortilla and wrap it around a Field Roast chipotle chorizo grain sausage and a good helping of cottage cheese, Delicious!
  • beverlyje
    beverlyje Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I eat mine with fruit.....
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    I usually eat it with something salty like a cracker or I used to put some goldfish crackers in it.

Cottage Cheese is a great protein, but it is high in sodium. If CC and salty crackers are part of your routine diet, add sodium as one of your tracking columns.
  • irisia99
    irisia99 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I like it plain or with black pepper and tomatoes. It's also good with turkey sandwiches, like in place of mayo. I slather it on bite by bite. Yummy.
  • leahhugh
    leahhugh Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I add some season all season salt to it :) yum!!
  • blmr85
    blmr85 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I like to put some cinnamon on it : )
  • april_beth
    april_beth Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    i am in love with the Hood 2% pineapple and cherry one...i wish i liked black pepper cause that sounds interesting...but the plain is just not doable for me...good luck!!
  • BalenciaLynn
    BalenciaLynn Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    i LOVE cottage cheese, i usually just eat it plain or i eat it with spinach and wheat thin crackers
  • jjnt007
    jjnt007 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I eat it plain but you will love it or hate it. No one in my family or extended family will eat it. I ate it as a young child so I like it.
  • rhenneberry
    rhenneberry Posts: 20
    Options
    I have mine with a side of grapes, watermelon or a fruit cup.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Eat it with some pineapple mixed in. YUMMY!

It's also good just on its own. :-)

You can also mix it into plain pasta instead of sauce.
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I usually eat it with something salty like a cracker or I used to put some goldfish crackers in it.

Cottage Cheese is a great protein, but it is high in sodium. If CC and salty crackers are part of your routine diet, add sodium as one of your tracking columns.

I do track sodium.. . and no this is not routine.
  • bushs99
    bushs99 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I eat mine with granola or fresh fruit.
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I like it plain or with smuckers sugar free strawberry preserves...
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Eat it plain. I love it plain but also love it with peaches on top. Yum!

But yes, it is an acquired taste and texture. Some just don't like it. That's ok!

Love it with peaches best, but also like crushed pineapple. Sometimes I'll also cut a tomato into wedges (don't cut all the way through the peel on the bottom...you want it to look like it's "blooming" like a flower), then stuff the middle with cottage cheese and top it with a little black pepper. YUM!
  • kat00789
    kat00789 Posts: 2
    Options
    Many people eat it with any kind of fresh fruit - thats why they sell it like that. I like to mix it with tuna fish and pepper.
  • vegamy
    vegamy Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I am a new kid to cottage cheese. I have literally never taken a bite of it before in my life. To be honest, I am kind of scared of it, as i don't do really well with textures... LOL

However, I bought some at the grocery this weekend. Any suggestions on how to eat it?

I LOVE cutting up half a banana and mixing it with cottage cheese, a little vanilla extract, and some stevia (or your favorite sugar substitute). It's kinda like banana cream pie, except high in protein and relatively healthy :-).