Belly Button Rings--Trashy or Cute?

Options

Replies

• secretgirl4611
    secretgirl4611 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    well I think they are cute HOWEVER, Just wondering whats up with the pointless post that helps no one on here get closer to their fitness goals or things like that.. this is just not what MFP is about.... :p
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    My wife had it and it was cute. When she got pregnant, she removed it cuz she said the hole was going to get huge. LOL! Two kids later, she never put it back on.
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I am sure I might have a reaction to this but I have had one for years - got it in my mid 30's and still have it. Its very simple and I have always liked it. I never considered I was too old to have one until I read this post.... Very few people know I even have one. I also have one ear that is pierced twice while one ear is only pieced one. Oh maybe I am just strange LOL
  • mildredprice
    Options
    they are cute on the right person
    :smile:
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I've had mine done for years. I wear a simple ring with a small drop from Tummy Toys, nothing over the top. At some point I will remove it but for now I feel naked without it.
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I've had mine done and really liked it but I've since removed it since it's really no longer age-appropriate. LOL While salt water might help it heal, I don't know that the ocean is the best type of salt water. There's more in there than just salt and you might be risking an infection going in with an unhealed wound of any kind.
    THIS! Salt water does not mean ocean water! NEVER go into the ocean/lake/river/etc with a fresh piercing. Infection waiting to happen!!! I DID have mine pierced...back in high school when it was age appropriate. Now I am almost 30 so I took it out over a year ago.
  • superstarcassie
    superstarcassie Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I have mine done from when I was 16- I'm 27 now! I still like it- it hasn't gotten too weird looking through weightloss. I weighed about 75 more pounds than I currently do at 16, and I still liked it then. It doesn't matter if you have a flat or perfect stomach. Do it if you want it and think you will like it. Its sort of fun and more interesting than my loose skin belly :laugh:
  • em435
    em435 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Mostly trashy in my opinion, but I suspect that has more to do with the women I've seen with them.. (you know, rocking miniskirts and boob tubes like they've just been transported from a red-light district in the 90s.. :noway: )

A friend of mine had one and it got all nasty and infected so I don't think it's the best idea to get one just before a vacation..
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    I don't find a purpose in them, but then again I know many people wouldn't find purpose in the tattoo on my arm.

As for the trashy/cute debate, it depends on the person. If the person is trashy, the piercing will follow. If the person isn't, then the piercing won't be trashy. It's the same thing with any piercing or body mod--you designate how it looks. If your ears are pierced everywhere but you keep yourself looking well (aka clean and not like you rolled out from a weed patch) then it won't be so off-putting but if your hair's a million colors, fried to hell and back, and you wear torn up clothes and pounds of eyeliner trying to look edgy or whatnot, it'll knock you down a few pegs on the respect totem.

If you want one, get it. If you don't like it later you can always take it out even if the hole remains. That's the joy of piercings, you're not stuck with them in the same sense as a tattoo unless you've stretched your ears; you can take out the ring/post/whatever and yeah you have the hole but it's not noticeable but if you get a tattoo and regret it, you're stuck with it and it's gonna be visible.
  • Klamber26
    Klamber26 Posts: 212
    Options
    well I think they are cute HOWEVER, Just wondering whats up with the pointless post that helps no one on here get closer to their fitness goals or things like that.. this is just not what MFP is about.... :p

Well seeing as this is the 'chit-chat, fun, and games' section, I don't find the topic inappropriate.
  • mazzyw65
    mazzyw65 Posts: 47
    Options
    cute and sexy- but triggers off my HUGE BELLYBUTTON PHOBIA!!! whenever I see one :mad:
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    That is why it is in Chit Chat and Fun and Games...thats what all these posts are about. Are you new here....cause this is so much more appropriate than some posts we get!!!!!
  • Nice
    Nice Posts: 84
    Options
    I love my belly ring! I've had mine for over 10 years, through 2 babies, and have never had a single problem with it ;) I think they are very cute.
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    That is why it is in Chit Chat and Fun and Games...thats what all these posts are about. Are you new here....cause this is so much more appropriate than some posts we get!!!!!

true story

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/586247-clicking-the-mouse?hl=clicking+the+mouse&page=3#posts-8369759
  • greasygriddle_wechnage
    greasygriddle_wechnage Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Fishing lures belong in tackle boxes.
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options

So much fail.
  • Rubyinthesand2012
    Options
    i had mine done when i was younger and slim... one day it got caught on my trousers while i was bending to pick something up at work when i stood up it ripped out ...i have a scar there now and wouldnt have it done again because ive never felt pain like that! (and also as im heavier and less toned than i was then)
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options

You have a very good point.
    Nobody has mentioned that someone may get it as a award for working so hard to get a flat stomach. I know that mine has kept me aware of my stomach and have tended to try harder to keep my stomach flat but hat is just me. If it helps motivate someone or keeps them motivated... just a thought.
  • coyoteo
    coyoteo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I had mine done by my (now) husband when I was 16. I'm creeping up on 28 now and I still love it. It's not like I go flashing it around, but I still find it cute.
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    I've had mine done and really liked it but I've since removed it since it's really no longer age-appropriate. LOL While salt water might help it heal, I don't know that the ocean is the best type of salt water. There's more in there than just salt and you might be risking an infection going in with an unhealed wound of any kind.

I didn't know there was an age limit on them...my bad :P I think they're totally cute!!! and there are so many to pick from :)