Belly Button Rings--Trashy or Cute?

Options

Replies

• JBott84
    JBott84 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Does the opinion of others matter that much =) If you like it, get it done and to hell with the haters! Mind you, you're braver than me; I'd rather just get more tattoos than dabble in the world of piercings.

haha thats interesting I am of the exact opposite mind on that, Tattoos are so much more permanent that I consider piercings to be more of something to dabble in, you don't like it you take it out. Can't do that with tattoos. But I am with you on the "if you like it get it" it's your body do what you like!

^Agreed, have you ever gotten a tattoo removed? it is NOT fun! imagine bacon grease popping out of the pan and onto your bare skin...over and over and over and over...etc...hurt A LOT worse than getting a tattoo....piercings, you can just take out...although they will leave a scar...
  • Skeen903
    Skeen903 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I got mine done on my 18th birthday, but took it out when I got pregnant. I think once I get to my goal weight/size, I might get it re-done. I'm just worried about it hurting like a *kitten* since I've got scar tissue there now, and I'm kinda worried about people thinking "ok girl, you've got stretch marks and a 5 year old, time to give up the dream" but whatever :) I think if you've got a cute tummy, why not put some jewelry on it!

The scar tissue shouldn't make it hurt. My only concern is will it still hold perfectly in place do to the tissue. I've been wanting to get mine redone but that all depends on how fast I can tone my stomach and if I think I can handle it again. Maybe I just need to get it pierced at a different place. I really do miss my ring.

From what I've been told it only hurts if you pierce through the scar tissue. If you have them pierce a bit deeper behind the tissue it shouldn't hurt as bad.
  • GrnEydGrl86
    GrnEydGrl86 Posts: 154
    Options
    I've had mine since I was 16 (ten years ago) and its never caused any problems. I love it :smile:
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I think the right one is cute, I wanted one for a "treat" when I reached my goal weight, but, I have heard too many rumors of people getting them snagged. There are those who have no problems, like my sister, but, I have also had a friend who caught hers on a table and ripped it sideways and we ride horses and many have caught the ring on the horn, even after putting a band aid over it. I am still worried about getting one but not a complete no.
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    sneetches4-2bxxd4z.jpg
    :flowerforyou:
  • ashiggins
    ashiggins Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm 22 now and have had my belly button ring for about 5 years. Besides one hole in each ear, it's my only piercing. I'm shocked that everyone had so many issues with healing! My mom is a nurse and actually pierced mine at home and I didn't have any problems. Anyway, it makes me feel secretly sexy and my husband loves it. Since him and I are really the only ones who see it (besides the occasional times I wear my bikini), our opinions are the ones that matter to me :) I don't carry extra weight in my stomach area--if I did I maybe would have reconsidered the piercing--if you like your stomach--Go for it! If you'd like, I could post a picture later today when I get off of work. Good luck!
  • zeldalemons
    zeldalemons Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    cute.
  • KellyKAG
    KellyKAG Posts: 418
    Options
    I didnt think people even did that anymore... But I vote trashy which is weird because I love tatoos.
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Depends on the Belly
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I think the right one is cute, I wanted one for a "treat" when I reached my goal weight, but, I have heard too many rumors of people getting them snagged. There are those who have no problems, like my sister, but, I have also had a friend who caught hers on a table and ripped it sideways and we ride horses and many have caught the ring on the horn, even after putting a band aid over it. I am still worried about getting one but not a complete no.

It depends on the ring. The skin where mine is pierced is thin. I need a super tiny (short) barbell because the one I have now is almost 2 cm longer than my piercing and it DOES get caught at times. I found a shorter one that i am going to try out and possible even an actual slave-navel hoop.

Also, on occasion, my pants come up to my belly button when I sit, but no-one's pant should typically be over their belly button to get caught...
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    I saw a guy in college who had his done.

wtf mate
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    You'll find people giving you both opinions. Which is why I have never gotten a body modification without really liking it myself, because someone, somewhere, will think that whatever you did makes you look like a slut/moron/punk/idiot/heathen, or any number of other negative things. If you want it, get it.
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I think they're cute. But, while clean salt water can help piercings heal, ocean water might not be that clean. Personally, I'd want my piercings healed before I hit the beach.
  • BobinNC66
    BobinNC66 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Cute:

belly1.jpg

Not:

Belly+button+fluff.jpg
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Neither. No me gusta belly button piercings.
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    Options
    I think they're cute. But, while clean salt water can help piercings heal, ocean water might not be that clean. Personally, I'd want my piercings healed before I hit the beach.

As a surfer, I will say that any time my piercings were getting nasty, the ocean was the perfect medicine. But, yes, mine were mostly healed when I went surfing.
  • Expialidojess
    Expialidojess Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I think they are cute, so I had mine done, but they are hard to take care of. Mine got infected and I had to take it out, let it heal, and then get it repierced. I have known a few guys who had one, and I thought it looked really strange on them.
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    Options
    You'll find people giving you both opinions. Which is why I have never gotten a body modification without really liking it myself, because someone, somewhere, will think that whatever you did makes you look like a slut/moron/punk/idiot/heathen, or any number of other negative things. If you want it, get it.

^^THIS!
  • cardiokitten
    cardiokitten Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    If you do, definitely don't get it before you go on a trip to the beach, swimming, laying down in the sand, etc. it's an infection waiting to happen while it's still in the healing phase.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't get it done pre-trip. Mine took a good year to heal.