Anyone tried the Nutribullet blender ?

Options

Replies

• beckerkra
    beckerkra Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I purchased a nutribullet 1 week ago today, and I can't say enough amazing things about it. I never thought I'd be able to get Kale into my diet because I can't stand the taste of it, even though it's such a great food to add into ones diet, but with the nutribullet I get Kale multiple times a day. The amount of energy I have now on average is just simply amazing since I've been making these smoothies from a nutribullet. I have more energy now than I know what to do with honestly lol..

I've been on a nutribullet smoothie detox for this 6 days straight now for a few reasons. I just started changing my lifestyle no longer eating the junk I used to about 1.5 months ago, but my portion control was still way out of whack, so I decided that I would just only drink nutribullet smoothies for about a week straight to try to shrink my stomach and detox myself from all the crap I've been eating to see if it would help with portion control. Just yesterday I allowed myself my first cheat meal in about 1.5 weeks which was dominos pizza, and normally I'd easily be able to eat an entire large pizza to myself if I wanted to before I got full, but yesterday I couldn't eat over 3 pieces in one sitting. I felt so full after 3 pieces it was amazing, and that was even after spending more time between meals than I should.

But back to more of the subject with the nutri-bullet. I've found personally that the best smoothies to make are when you have 1 of 2 fruits to put into the nutribullet that to me are staples to really covering up the flavor of the greens/veggies you put in it. I would recommend always having some either bananas, or pineapple. Use the banana if you want a more creamy texture.

My normal smoothies consist of half of the quantity being kale, 1/4 quantity mixed fruit (I like using frozen fruit because it guarantees it being cold and more like an icy smoothie), 1/4 of the cup being my staple flavor hider pineapple or banana, 15-20 almonds or so for the protein, and 2 tablespoons of flax seed. Then fill up the water up to the max line, and 30-45 seconds later I'm done.

Highly recommend it for anyone!
  • coloradoslimmer
    Options
    The Nutribullet is great. It does a phenomenal job at really tacking a tough green smoothie recipe. Would recommend it to anyone.

So much better than juicing.

Nate

http://www.nutribulletguide.com
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE My Bullet! It makes great margaritas too!! :drinker:
  • primal7
    primal7 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I would recommend the bullet
    I have had mine for several months and it has held up.
    As mentioned previously you can see a comparison on You Tube
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47rjIP97SiU
    I bought mine at Bed, Bath & Beyond and used a 20% off coupon; which you can get online; so I paid less than $80
    When I make my drink concoctions I use the ratio of 3-4 greens to one fruit. This helps with taste.
  • ObinrinDidun
    Options
    I just got my NB. Today was my first day using it. It was super easy. I just put things in it, and filled it up to the line with liquid, and had chia seeds, flax seeds, raw almonds with greens and fruits. The clean up was way too easy. I did mill my seeds first, which added an extra step, but I found it worth it.

I hope to lose a little bit of weight. As a nursing mom, I don't want to compromise my milk for weight.
  • L1LE88
    L1LE88 Posts: 1
    Options
    My husband bought a NB and is determined to do the 6 wk blast as proposed in the book. He works out of town so we spent a full day preparing ingredients for daily shakes and the foods suggested for a 5 day work week. It was a lot of trouble to prepare all this to take out of town; however, when he dropped 13 lbs in one week, it made it worth it. Even though I had no intention to do this with him, since I don't struggle with weight problems, I am now considering the purchase of a second one that stays at home just to get healthier. I can tell already, after only doing the prep twice now, that it will be a lot of fun to experiment with taste, etc. But that will be a while yet, like I said he is sold on the "6 week Blast" :) One thing I know already, it makes very yummy homemade, all natural salsa very quick and easily!!
  • cyndirella32
    Options
    I know this is weird but I have a question for you Nutribullet users. I have diverticulitus and need to stay away from having seeds/nuts. I know that flax seeds, chia seeds, etc. are good for you. Does the Nutribullet blend these up so the seeds are pretty much non existent? I would like to know before I buy one and start adding seeds into it. When you blend almonds are there chunks of it in there too? Thanks for your help! :)
  • kjonew
    kjonew Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I bought a nutribullet at the beginning of the year, it stopped working in 6 months of moderate use. It also took a long time to blend. We now have a ninja with the single serve cups. 2 months and counting and increased usage and works great. Just wish the cups were bigger.
  • secondplante
    secondplante Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just got mine and I'm so looking forward to using it.
  • MissBrice86
    MissBrice86 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I recently began using the Nutribullet blender. Its very simple to us and clean. However, my smoothies haven't been tasting great, but I know that healthy doesn't always mean tasty but I believe it can be half of the time. I know its because of the water that you have to add. It waters down the taste of the fruits/veggies. I've been using fresh veggies/frozen fruit which works very well and I don't have to worry about rotting fruit in the fridge. Today, I added some honey to my mixture before blending and it helped with the taste a lot. I will also try adding the new unsweetened Almondmilk Coconutmilk Blend by Almond Breeze to add more flavor and unsweetened fruit juice.
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE my NutriBullet. I have only had it probably a month, but that month has been great. I previously had been a Diet Pepsi junkie and I gave that up cold turkey when I bought the NutriBullet. It is just so easy to add the things you want to add .. and do it in a healthy way. I have 2 smoothies a day (baby carrots, yogourt, banana and some frozen fruit (berry mix right now). I did the math here at MFP and they are like 300 calories each (mostly cause of the banana) .. but I am fine with it as I am not going over my daily calorie limit.

I am actually drinking a smoothie right now .. just plain yummy and pretty healthy compared to what I was doing.
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    I cannot positively say YES to the nuts but I have watched YouTube videos and the "other blade", not the normal extractor blade seems to do nuts very well and makes them to such a point that they are thoroughly mixed. As far as the NutriBullet overall .. It has never had any problems with ANYTHING I have ever given it. It is a wonderful product. I am very happy that I bought mine.

This was a reply to the lady above that asked about the nuts ... .sorry I am still learning this whole forum thing. I know I should have used the quote thing ... my bad.
  • KansasColleen
    KansasColleen Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Did yours come with the recipe book ?? I too lean on the dark leafey greens,a corrot and some fennel, some apple chunks and some blue berries or pineapple for sweet. I have added a tsp of flax , shelled pumpkin seeds, or 1/8C raw almonds for omega 3s.Fill to line with juice or water and blend it up.
    I also use it to blend up my protien shakes. I use the Smart Smoothy mix with 1/2C 1% milk, water to the line, and some ice. Blend it up, and gets very thick and creamy. If you use some flavor extracts, you can change up the flavors. My favorite is chocolate almond, and vanilla with orange extract tasts just like dreamcicle. I have a whole selection of different flavors and you only need a capful or 2.
  • johncharmkaplan
    Options
    Love it , Was the best thing , I bought a USA version as much cheaper . Then i needed a converter. Bought the converter online here and perfecto
    https://wallcann.com/1000W-240V-to-120V-Stepdown-Voltage-Converter-8Zed_3161.html
  • larsenwhy
    Options
    To those who find their nutribullets leaking. I found that my nb's seal was put in upside down...try cleaning your cup out and flipping your seal (the gasket)...this solved the problem for me. Also, dont over tighten the blade as this might prematurely breakdown the gasket.

my2cents
  • Fredducharme
    Fredducharme Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I got one 10 months ago. Its excellent. I use spinach, a little kale, blueberrries, strawberries, raspberries, greek non fat plain yogert, banana, flax seed and almonds. I sometimes add local honey and cinnimin. Once in a while broccilli, oranges, apples...its endless. Get many fruit and veges quickly.....urges gone
  • wendygutie
    wendygutie Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I know this is weird but I have a question for you Nutribullet users. I have diverticulitus and need to stay away from having seeds/nuts. I know that flax seeds, chia seeds, etc. are good for you. Does the Nutribullet blend these up so the seeds are pretty much non existent? I would like to know before I buy one and start adding seeds into it. When you blend almonds are there chunks of it in there too? Thanks for your help! :)

It blends everything...you can feel that it's a little grainier, but a real good job at it. You can always try it out, and return it if it doesn't do it as small as you thought it would.
  • heatherhb55
    Options
    So I had a Ninja for about a year and liked it until I got the Nutribullet last weekend at target for $100. I could not be more in love, seriously I never have been the type to give a crap about kitchen ware but this thing impressed me. The bullet was worth the money. It gives a better consistency, it's easier, faster, small enough to leave on the counter and is, dare I say it, fun to use. Plus you can drink it from the cup you make it in which cuts down on dishes.

So, about the seeds, I find that with the ninja you can't get the chunks out and the seeds don't blend at all, I got used to chewing smoothies. The bullet still has seeds but it is about 30% of what I got with the Ninja. I throw almonds in all the time and they are totally gone. But flax seeds and strawberry seeds (I have only tried frozen strawberries) stick around when you throw them in. BUT there is a milling blade which I think would help you, it quickly turns flax seeds into a powder. I made an almond flax seed mixture and it was like a corn flour consistency and it blended in completely. I think that worked better for the flax seeds than the almonds so if you milled the flaxseeds, throw the almonds straight in with the fruits and veggies and avoided frozen strawberries I am confident you could eliminate the seed issue.

The one negative thing about this compared to the Ninja is size, it makes less volume per blend. So far I am finding it so fun to use that it doesn't bother me. Over all I think that if seeds are your issue the bullet is the way to go.
  • heatherhb55
    Options
    EHHH how do I remove posts? Crap, I was trying to reply to a specific question....
  • heatherhb55
    Options

It blends everything...you can feel that it's a little grainier, but a real good job at it. You can always try it out, and return it if it doesn't do it as small as you thought it would.