Anyone tried the Nutribullet blender ?

Options
12345679»

Replies

• cwcavteck
    cwcavteck Posts: 2
    Options
    I have a nutribullet and I use it everyday. I love that thing. I have had it for about 9 months and with daily use have not had a problem. I mostly use it for smoothies and the other blade for whipping up eggs or mixes. I use frozen berries, melons, and oranges. Everything else is usually fresh. I have tried ice in it and it seemed to work well but def not loke a blender that starbucks would use. Still better than an average home blender.
  • cwcavteck
    cwcavteck Posts: 2
    Options
    Have you tried using a lemon or a lime with the banana. I can't stand kale but once I added the lemon and the lime it killed the smell and the taste of the kale enough that it was tolerable. THe lemon and lime also made the smoothie seem a little more refreshing.
  • ssamazon
    ssamazon Posts: 1
    Options
    What about the fact that these once whole veggies pass straight through your body -- kinda a little too fast? I read that when this happens, your body doesn't get a chance to absorb the nutrients. I think I read this on Dr. Oz 'dot com'. Can't remember.
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    I love my Nutribullet, but there's one thing I struggle with. Bananas. I have tried them with various combinations of fruits and veggies, but anytime I throw a banana up into the mix, the drink has the same distinct smell and taste as baby vomit. You know that smell! The drinks I've made with banana have been the only ones I simply cannot finish. Maybe the bananas I'm using aren't ripe enough? Any suggestions? Ugh! :sick:

Maybe you just don't like bananas lol. To me, bananas are one of my favorite things to add to smoothies, probably because they are very sweet and I just really like bananas. No need to force yourself to try liking them in smooties, there are lots of other options.
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    Hi All...I have a Nutribullet, and am loving it and I am using it in conjunction with the myFitnesspal. Can anyone tell me if there is a dedicated site for calorie counting for the recipes in the Nutribullet Natural Healing Foods book. Calories counts can be found for most blends on myFitnesspal, but I can't seem to find calorie counts for the Dinners anywhere for instance. (The Protein Pot is an example...tastes delicious by the way!)
    Just add each ingredient that is in the recipe to your diary.
  • bdansing
    bdansing Posts: 4
    Options
    I tested the nutribullet against my vitamix. Vitamix does almost the same thing as the NutriBullett. I believe, the nutribullet actually pulverized a little better, but the vitamix did pass. What I love about the nutribullet is that the wateriness of the mixture. I've been using a big handful of organic kale, 1 or 2 small organic tomatoes, 1 stalk celery, 1 carrot, 1 tbls ground flax see, 1 tbls hemp protein powder. I'm getting great greens at very little calories. I do feel immediately pleasure from these drinks and I've actually been sleeping better at night. I imagine I will lose some weight if I keep the junk out of my mouth. I may eat a few bites of rice or a sprouted wheat piece of toast in the morning and I'm ready to go. I haven't been hungry until noonish, where I'm trying to eat salad, sweet potato and beans...Dinner zucchini, or corn tortillas with sweet potatoes beans, salsa, etc I wanted it to be easier to get my greens in. I'm not a big greens eater and this is definitely helping, cause I love this drink I've put together. Plus I'm getting more water in my diet also...
    Oh I forgot, I put 4 chunks of frozen pineapple for a little sweetness and take green taste away. I've also added tabasco for spicy taste
  • bdansing
    Options
    I use ground flax seeds instead of whole. I used chia seeds in my vitamix and got seeds in my teeth. On the nutribullet, I still got a few chia seeds but not like the vitamix. If I grind my seeds first (magic bullet):glasses: , I usually don't get the seeds....I hope this helps.
  • bdansing
    Options
    Great idea. I'm going to try this soup! Thank you.:flowerforyou:
  • bdansing
    Options
    I really haven't had that issue. However, I usually eat some rice or toast with mine in the mornings. The first few times a little loose stool, but not bad...I also don't down it. Drink while getting ready for work in the morning and still have it going out the door.
  • ahoier
    ahoier Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I got a Nutribullet for my birthday last year....and this year I've ate more fruits and vegetables than I have ever consumed I think! LOL. I've also went off the wall and explored a lot of veggies I never tried before, growing up.....growing up canned corn (yea....), potatoes of all shapes, colors, and sizes, green beans, sweet peas was about our extent of vegetables.....hah. So was I in for a surprise when I got my bullet. It rocks :) Makes it easier to kill a serving of vegetables! Rather than chasing peas around my plate (Thanks Mom!) LOL.
  • Jenn316
    Options
    You can copy and paste the ingredients and MFP will match them and do all the work for you!
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    Can you use these to puree foods? for example, I would like to make patties out of spinach and chickpeas.
  • Vmax1992
    Vmax1992 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I got the Nija...it will do so much. I like to add half a dozen ice cubes to my protein shake....turns into a frosty drink. Plus it makes a really good margarita.