What's Everyone Grilling This Year?

Options
124»

Replies

• cavewoman15
    cavewoman15 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    i cook 3-4 meals a week on the grill. get it going with tons of charcoal, then throw on steaks and veggies for that night's dinner, followed by pineapple with a little cayan pepper for dessert. .

then, i have a couple brewskies outside while grilling chicken for tacos later in the week. i shred the chicken up when it comes off the grill and sprinkle taco seasoning on, then just heat it in a pan with a little olive oil on taco night. one big breast is enough for me and my boyfriend.

i also throw some shrimp on the grill for salads later in the week (buying raw shrimp is so much cheaper than pre-cooked) and pork chops, reheating them later for a quick and delicious flavor. some weeks i cut up a pork loin really thin and cook up small pork chops for lunch wraps. yum!

another delicious recipe: marinade chicken, zuccini, and yellow squash in italian dressing. i use ziplock bags to make sure the dressing gets all over (separate bags for meat, of course). cook on the grill and cube up the chicken. add a little pasta and grated parmesean cheese. it's great cold or warm.
  • robino419
    robino419 Posts: 29
    Options
    yummy ideas!
  • Goatgodess
    Goatgodess Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Grilled Veggie stack
    take a scallop sqaush ( round white, they look like flying saucers) cut them in half like a bun. scoop ou the seeds. take any other veg you like and slice for the grill. spray with PAM season to taste, we like garlic, place on the grill. Take some lean beef or chicken and make a 4 oz pattie, season to taste. grill that.
    Okay
    take a half of the scallop squash and place the grilled meat pattie on it then stack with the grilled veggies you cooked. Feta cheese is nice if you would like. These tast great and do not take very long to cook
  • njmp
    njmp Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    My marinade is what I call "standard greek marinade": equal parts lemon juice and olive oil, garlic, oregano, salt, garlic, pepper, and garlic. Marinate over night.

Hahaha. Sounds delicious. Lots of garlic=happy me.
  • hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried grilled Radishes? I had a bumper crop of them last year in the garden and I sliced some up and threw them on the grill. They were great! Grilling them totally changed the flavor of the radish!
  • skeck
    skeck Posts: 46
    Options
    chicken kebabs with grilled pinapple, onions, pepper and maybe turkey sausage

This! We use chicken, pineapple, onions, red pepper, green pepper, tomatoes. I usually marinate the chicken in Teriyaki sauce and then brush extra sauce over top as they cook.

Very healthy, delicious and kid friendly!
  • AJLovinLife
    AJLovinLife Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    marking to come back for ideas.
  • JeepBaja
    JeepBaja Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    TriTip.jpg
    Now that I think about it, I will likely grill anything I can throw onto the grill.

I'll see your tasty Tri-TIp and raise you a ice-chest full of tasty, tasty Tri-Tip!

IMG_1053.jpg?t=1336421428

Nothing beats a Santa Maria Tri-Tip :)
  • mboktay
    mboktay Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    One of my absolute favorites is Grilled Bruschetta Chicken

small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 lb.)
    1/4
    cup KRAFT Sun Dried Tomato Vinaigrette Dressing, divided
    tomato, finely chopped
    1/2
    cup KRAFT Shredded Low-Moisture Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese
    1/4
    cup chopped fresh basil
    HEAT grill to medium heat.

PLACE chicken in large resealable plastic bag. Add 2 Tbsp. dressing; seal bag. Turn bag over several times to evenly coat chicken with dressing. Refrigerate 10 min. Remove chicken from bag; discard bag and dressing.

COVER half the grill grate with sheet of heavy-duty foil. Place chicken on uncovered side of grill grate; grill 6 min. Meanwhile, combine remaining dressing, tomatoes, cheese and basil.

TURN chicken over; place on foil. Top with tomato mixture. Grill 8 min. or until chicken is done (165ºF).
    Calories
    Total fat
    7 g
    Saturated fat
    2.5 g
    Cholesterol
    75 mg
    Sodium
    290 mg
    Carbohydrate
    3 g
    Dietary fiber
    1 g
    Sugars
    2 g
    Protein
    28 g
    Vitamin A
    10 %DV
    Vitamin C
    4 %DV
    Calcium
    10 %DV
    Iron
  • Doreen_Murray
    Doreen_Murray Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I stole this from Emeril...shhhh!

1 teaspoon allspice
    1/4 cup red onion, chopped
    1/2 cup green onions, chopped
    2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
    1/4 cup orange juice, fresh
    1 tablespoon lime zest
    2 tablespoons soy sauce
    2 tablespoons freshly chopped thyme leaves
    2 tablespoons jalapeno, seeded, diced
    2 teaspoons freshly grated or chopped ginger

Throw it in the blender and it's a great marinade for chicken, veges, shrimp, etc. Huge hit a a BBQ!
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Anything and everything! We have a smoker and a grill that we use almost everyday when the weather gets hot. I smoke a lot of meat, especially chicken breasts and turkey breasts. Last year my mom turned me on to grilled green beans with a small amt of bbq sauce on them! OMG sooooo good! We also grill pineapple, peaches, blackberries/raspberries and put them over ice cream, any veggies almost, fish foil packets, potato foil packets, I could go on and on. We do a lot of trout fishing and there is nothing better than fresh trout stuffed with lemon and onion and a little Mrs. Dash lemon pepper seasoning and grilled! yum!
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options

That site has some great sounding recipes. I'll have to check it out in more detail later. Thanks!
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    I normally grill my corn in the husk and it gets a great char flavor. A friend grilled it in foil no husk and I could tell it had been grilled so my question is what is the point of using the grill instead of the oven if you are going to wrap something in foil preventing the smoke from getting to it? (And this is an honest question NOT a jab.)
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I normally grill my corn in the husk and it gets a great char flavor. A friend grilled it in foil no husk and I could tell it had been grilled so my question is what is the point of using the grill instead of the oven if you are going to wrap something in foil preventing the smoke from getting to it? (And this is an honest question NOT a jab.)

There really isn't any difference I don't think other than just being convenient (since most people don't have an oven outside next to the grill...)
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options

There really isn't any difference I don't think other than just being convenient (since most people don't have an oven outside next to the grill...)

Makes sense. Thanks!
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I am so boring, but picky! We have been grilling out chicken. I put a serving size of my favorite BBQ sauce on the side and dip it. Last weekend, we grilled pork tenderloins marinated in Sati-Babi sauce..YUM!
  • Stefanie7125
    Stefanie7125 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    bump
  • RJC65
    RJC65 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    All wonderful ideas - thanks for sharing.
  • Val_91
    Val_91 Posts: 36
    Options
    This will come in handy if I can manage to get a little grill for my apartment.