Replies

• PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    Hank_d0fb32_456367.jpg
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Cheap gas grill for quick dinners etc. A smoker for when you have time to plan ahead.

I really want a smoker. I keep eyeballing one at Home Depot thinkin' to myself, "Yeah! I could use that..."
  • Val_from_OH
    Val_from_OH Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Food should never be convienent. That's why sites like this exist. Charcoal every time!

You're right. So we'll light up the charcoal and it should be ready just about the time the kiddos have to go to bed. I'm sure they won't mind.

Gas for me - we don't get home from work until after 6, and I can't wait the hour for the coals to be ready. I would, however, love to have a charcoal grill for weekend use.

Not sure what kind of charcoal you are using, but it's never taken me an hour to get it ready to cook. Appreciate the sarcasm though. Good to meet you too!

LOL - First of all, you're the one who made generalization that food should NEVER be convenient. Anyway let me tell you that the only kind of charcoal grill I have cooked on is a cast iron hibachi that held about 7 briquettes - it did not take long at all to heat up, but is too small for a family of 4. Other than that, I left the charcoal grilling to the hubs - so perhaps the hour that the grill was "heating" was just an excuse to drink a few beers before he had to cook ...I can be so naive :-)
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    I have both but personally prefer charcoal for the taste
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    I use a gas grill for ease and speed, but much prefer charcoal.

Having a gas grill means that even with very little time to get food ready when I get home, I can still grill up supper and enjoy the time outdoors over being stuck in the kitchen.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Charcoal is more fun. An eagle scout taught me the right way to make a fire. And I enjoy doing it :)
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Charcoal is more fun. An eagle scout taught me the right way to make a fire. And I enjoy doing it :)

I bought one of those chimney starters and never looked back. No lighter fluid required. Just newspaper and a match. BOOM! (oh an charcoal too...) :smile:
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    charcole for picnics-camping....in my backyard- gas..with wood chips