Ladies why must you wear stinky perfume to the gym?

Options

Replies

• WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    I don't use perfume at all, let alone for working out. Just me and my sweat. Sweat is my perfume. :wink: :tongue:
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    no make up or perfume here.
    I can't stand the women that come in with a full face of make up and perfume. Are you sure you are here to work out or to get fcked?
    what another woman puts on her face really shouldn't bother you...at all. I get that perfume is annoying because you have to smell it, but make up shouldn't bother anyone. That's dumb.
  • nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    All of the scents are gross, and yes i can tell when your wearing them. Ugh! Also, i was dying laughing when i read the original post. LOL, just the thought of a guy running with his shirt around his mouth and nose...lol. I think i would get the point. Maybe guys should start telling girls whats up.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I can't stand the women that come in with a full face of make up and perfume. Are you sure you are here to work out or to get fcked?

But people come from other places! I have makeup on when I start my workout, and a flesh colored towel when I'm finished. It's pretty nasty, but it really shouldn't offend others...
    2143661 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    what another woman puts on her face really shouldn't bother you...at all. I get that perfume is annoying because you have to smell it, but make up shouldn't bother anyone. That's dumb.
    well i guess MY opinion is dumb then, but I sweat my *kitten* off in the gym and think it is silly for women to wear it when they are at a gym to WORKOUT and sweat. (:
  • mwcraig34
    mwcraig34 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Ok I dont even own any axe spray! I agree it smells bad but, deodorant work very well! But its not about that its perfume!!!
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    At my gym there is a big sign at the front desk, that says "breathing zone, no perfumes allowed at the gym." So far it is working well.

Sorry OP, I know what you are talking about because I had similar experience in the past, and I am a woman. I did tell the lady that her perfume was very nice, but too strong for the gym. Se got the message:bigsmile:
  • nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    Options

not dumb, its a fact. I just read in a fitness mag that the things that guys find most attractive on women at the gym is little make up and when they do cardio (there was other things, i cant remember at the moment). If your wearing make up while you workout, it will just increase acne, and that doesnt look good on anyone
  • mwcraig34
    mwcraig34 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    At my gym there is a big sign at the front desk, that says "breathing zone, no perfumes allowed at the gym." So far it is working well.

Sorry OP, I know what you are talking about because I had similar experience in the past, and I am a woman. I did tell the lady that her perfume was very nice, but too strong for the gym. Se got the message:bigsmile:

I'm at LA fitness and haven't seen any kind of sign! I will have to bring it up to the management!
  • honeysprinkles
    Options

not dumb, its a fact. I just read in a fitness mag that the things that guys find most attractive on women at the gym is little make up and when they do cardio (there was other things, i cant remember at the moment). If your wearing make up while you workout, it will just increase acne, and that doesnt look good on anyone
    I think it's dumb that it bothers you... Obviously putting on make up to wear to the gym isn't great for your skin. You assume a person would only wear it to find a date, but it could be worn for other reasons (like bad acne, insecurity, etc.) So who cares if guys don't prefer make up at the gym? They don't have to wear it if they don't like it and neither do you!

I don't wear make up to the gym (I mostly work out at home anyways) but it doesn't bother me that someone else might because it doesn't effect me at all.
  • honeysprinkles
    Options
    Ok I dont even own any axe spray! I agree it smells bad but, deodorant work very well! But its not about that its perfume!!!
    Lol
  • honeysprinkles
    Options
    well i guess MY opinion is dumb then, but I sweat my *kitten* off in the gym and think it is silly for women to wear it when they are at a gym to WORKOUT and sweat. (:
    I think it's dumb that it bothers you, that's it. What someone else puts on their face shouldn't bother you.
  • Shirlann46
    Shirlann46 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I had the same thing happen to me when I was on the Treadmill at my Gym. I was really into it and a Lady must've come from work and PHEW!!!!! I have Asthma so any perfume/men's Cologne really effects my breathing. I had to quit because the fumes were so powerful I couldn't breathe. When I got home I had to do a Breathing Treatment with my Nebulizer.
    I pay a monthly fee for the Gym and I shouldn't have to leave. It should be on there Do's and Don't's List-which they have.

It goes for Men, too. With their After Shave/Cologne. It stinks just like Perfume when you are Exercising.
  • honeysprinkles
    Options

But people come from other places! I have makeup on when I start my workout, and a flesh colored towel when I'm finished. It's pretty nasty, but it really shouldn't offend others...
    Exactly! Even if you did put on make up just to go to the gym, that's your business! Silly? Maybe. Offensive? No.
    Options

I think it's dumb that it bothers you... Obviously putting on make up to wear to the gym isn't great for your skin. You assume a person would only wear it to find a date, but it could be worn for other reasons (like bad acne, insecurity, etc.) So who cares if guys don't prefer make up at the gym? They don't have to wear it if they don't like it and neither do you!

I don't wear make up to the gym (I mostly work out at home anyways) but it doesn't bother me that someone else might because it doesn't effect me at all.

I understand woman wearing concealer for bad skin and what not, but i laugh my *kitten* off at the woman with their eyes all done, lip stick and blush. it is silly and looks DUMB!
    Options

Exactly! Even if you did put on make up just to go to the gym, that's your business! Silly? Maybe. Offensive? No.

I never said I was offended by it, just said i thought it was dumb.
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I dunno what you're talking about. I don't even wear deo. Or brush my hair.
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I wish I didn't have to put that I was kidding, but with some people on here, ya never know. *sigh*

I totally wear deo...and at least run my fingers through my hair before I put it up.
  • honeysprinkles
    Options

I never said I was offended by it, just said i thought it was dumb.
    No, you said "I can't stand the women that come in with a full face of make up and perfume. Are you sure you are here to work out or to get fcked?" Which is rude and judgmental.
  • greasygriddle_wechnage
    greasygriddle_wechnage Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    what the heck is wrong with Jean Nate!?!?!? :smokin: :glasses: