Ladies why must you wear stinky perfume to the gym?

Options

Replies

• lmfbs
    lmfbs Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Wow. One of you ladies really needs to calm down. I find it offensive that you're getting offended that someone thinks something is dumb.

For the record, if you're at the gym at 6am wearing a full face of makeup, I'm judging you.

Perfume isn't ok for the gym. Deoderant is, but perfume isn't. It's not a choice between BO and perfume, because it is possible to not wear perfume and not be a smelly bum if you wear deodenant.

But if I *HAD* to choose, BO. I'm allergic to some perfumes and they actually stop me from being able to breathe, so I'd rather be next to stinky than dead :p
    2143661 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    no make up or perfume here.
    I can't stand the women that come in with a full face of make up and perfume. Are you sure you are here to work out or to get fcked?

But people come from other places! I have makeup on when I start my workout, and a flesh colored towel when I'm finished. It's pretty nasty, but it really shouldn't offend others...
    Exactly! Even if you did put on make up just to go to the gym, that's your business! Silly? Maybe. Offensive? No.

I never said I was offended by it, just said i thought it was dumb.
    No, you said "I can't stand the women that come in with a full face of make up and perfume. Are you sure you are here to work out or to get fcked?" Which is rude and judgmental.

well I guess I'm rude and judgmental then. boohoo.
    I should have worded it a little differently for the cry babies. obviously i can stand then...since I deal with them, but it's silly and stupid. period.
    Don't care what you think about me and don't care that you're rude, that's your own problem. I'll go on not being bothered by things that don't actually effect me at all when I work out and you can go on your way.

Obviously a part of you does care or you wouldn't have been bothered enough to even write back to me. geez no reason to get your panties in a wad.
    Honestly, it's annoying that you practically implied that any woman that wears make up to the gym is a slut who's only there to find someone to sleep with her. I am bothered by your attitude that's unfortunately shared by too many people.
    good for you! *high five*
    2143661 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Wow. One of you ladies really needs to calm down. I find it offensive that you're getting offended that someone thinks something is dumb.

For the record, if you're at the gym at 6am wearing a full face of makeup, I'm judging you.

Perfume isn't ok for the gym. Deoderant is, but perfume isn't. It's not a choice between BO and perfume, because it is possible to not wear perfume and not be a smelly bum if you wear deodenant.

But if I *HAD* to choose, BO. I'm allergic to some perfumes and they actually stop me from being able to breathe, so I'd rather be next to stinky than dead :p
    lol thank you!
  • LatinaGordita
    LatinaGordita Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    no make up or perfume here.
    I can't stand the women that come in with a full face of make up and perfume. Are you sure you are here to work out or to get fcked?

But people come from other places! I have makeup on when I start my workout, and a flesh colored towel when I'm finished. It's pretty nasty, but it really shouldn't offend others...
    Exactly! Even if you did put on make up just to go to the gym, that's your business! Silly? Maybe. Offensive? No.

I never said I was offended by it, just said i thought it was dumb.

I'll tell you what's dumb- Occasionally I'll have eyeliner or eyeshadow that's not waterproof (it's an accident when it happens) but I don't realize it, and at the end of my workout I look like a certifiable crack *kitten*.
    LMAO! my point exactly. I understand some women come from work or else where, but the area I live at these women cake the make up on before going into the gym. it's silly.

There are a couple of ladies at my gym who put on make up in the car before they come to zumba class.....And they put it on....from eyeliner, eyeshadow, lipstick. I almost thought I was dancing at the club! But to each their own....
  • mwcraig34
    mwcraig34 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    LADIES YOU HAVE SUCCESSFULLY TURNED THIS IN TO A MAKE UP THREAD! THANKS FOR NOTHING!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    LADIES YOU HAVE SUCCESSFULLY TURNED THIS IN TO A MAKE UP THREAD! THANKS FOR NOTHING!

Hahaha threadjacked. :flowerforyou:
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    I understand that no one wants to smell bad, I get that. So put on some Secret or Axe and work out!

Today I'm on the elliptical trying to run and not fall off huffing and puffing like I do.... and a lady comes over and starts running on the treadmill next to me. Her perfume is so strong and so stinky that I have to pull my shirt up over my nose just to breath! Once I do this I notice that stinky lady is looking at me funny and I want to say, " What are you looking at stinky? I have to do this because of you" at this point I'm almost choking because the smell is so strong! I had to stop my work out because of her! Ladies please save the perfume for date nights or the club, but not for the gym! :happy:

:laugh: lol what makes you think the smell was perfum? it could have just been her "lady sent" lol:laugh:
  • Tdk4685
    Tdk4685 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I agree no perfume at the gym.
  • iwantahealthierme13
    iwantahealthierme13 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    LOL, so true but I can top that. Can anyone tell me why people wear perfume to swim??

I don't want to taste it in the water
  • shoegal517
    shoegal517 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    What's worse? The perfume/cologne or B.O.? You have to pick one or the other, no waffling "they probably don't really have bad B.O." answers

Definitely B.O.! I can't even breathe out of my mouth because I feel like I'm eating it and then I start gagging.... if you smell that bad, take a gd shower before you come to the gym...and another after.

If people bathe in perfume/cologne, the gym is not immune to their lack of social decency.
  • Koshkaxo
    Koshkaxo Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Here to say that the chocolate scented mens axe deodorant actually makes me want to swarm the guy wearing it (like the commercials lol).... smells soo good!
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Axe for men... eww... hate that crap. Guys PLEASE stop buying their product. I feel like throwing up just thinking of it.
    Axe is for cheap guys. :)
  • rdzilla
    rdzilla Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Having someone working out near you with horrible BO < Having someone with an over-powering perfume.
  • directorj
    directorj Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    It's killer if they are attractive with a very nice perfume. At least it makes my treadmil runs longer :love:
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I have no idea why anyone does this... male or female... because I've had it happen with ladies/perfume and guys/cologne alike. They must just be so used to it that they can't smell it anymore... but it also seems to get MORE fragrant once they start sweating. Yech '-p It gives me a headache.
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    What's worse? The perfume/cologne or B.O.? You have to pick one or the other, no waffling "they probably don't really have bad B.O." answers
    Somehow I can put my tongue at the top of my mouth and not smell the B.O. as much (a little trick I learned while working with smelly college athletes), but the perfume / cologne makes my eyes water and my head hurt so... I guess I'll go with that.
  • ChasingSweatandTears
    ChasingSweatandTears Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I am guilty of using a very light scented body spray that smells kinda like coconut. It's because I'm obsessed with not smelling bad, and yes I use deodorant and take showers lol. Should I stops wearing this? I really want to know. I don't think it's that strong but I really don't want to make anyone gag! I haven't noticed anyone covering their face or running away from me :)
  • mwcraig34
    Options
    I am guilty of using a very light scented body spray that smells kinda like coconut. It's because I'm obsessed with not smelling bad, and yes I use deodorant and take showers lol. Should I stops wearing this? I really want to know. I don't think it's that strong but I really don't want to make anyone gag! I haven't noticed anyone covering their face or running away from me :)

Yes you should stop! I really just wanted to yell at this woman because the smell was so strong!
  • mwcraig34
    Options

Hahaha threadjacked. :flowerforyou:

Lame:grumble:
  • paulasue145
    paulasue145 Posts: 157
    Options
    as if my allergies weren't bad enough this time of year.....
    No strong smelly perfume! aaaaaaaaaahhhh----choooooooooo! ;)