What are your irrational fears?

Options
1235»

Replies

• syncynlyn
    syncynlyn Posts: 39
    Options
    Big freaking water bugs. I just shivered typing that down. I scream bloody murder when I see one. I don't know how the heck they get in the house but on occasion they do and OMG I cannot handle that at all. If I see one I get my hubby to chase it down while I go to another room and close the door. Then for days after I feel paranoid and like something is crawling on me.

Did I mention that they make a lot of noise? Once I was in the shower and I kept hearing this scratching noise. I thought that maybe a squirrel got in the attic or something. I am hurrying so I can get out and when I open the shower curtain to grab my towel I look up as I hear the noise and I see a freaking antanae and leg peeking out of where the heat lamp is. Somehow it got behind the bulb and was stuck. Ugh!

BTW, still have shivers and goosebumps thinking about them.
  • RMuske
    RMuske Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I can't walk on things I can see through. It all started with a nightmare I had when I was a toddler where I fell through some stairs like these:

Omg me too. I am terrified on stairs when I can see through the open slats! Crazy!
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this is irrational or not (I think it is) but I am so terrified that someone is going to break into my house while my son & I are sleeping...I booby trap the doors, make sure all windows are secured & have various weapons throughout the house just in case...Also, I don't sleep at night very much (which is why I am on here still at 2am almost)..If I hear the slightest noise I am up & looking through the house & turning on lights so people outside trying to get in know that I am awake...I hate living alone b/c of this...

Also, spiders bring chills up my spine...I have seen so many lately that I lift the toilet seat up to check for them before I sit down b/c I heard of a lady being bit by one on the toilet & having some flesh eating disease from it & had to get her leg amputated...Crazy s@#t!!

There are more but I would be going on all night....Clowns, & porcelain dolls - I think they come to life at night... :noway:

Thank goodness I have a boy b/c I wouldn't allow dolls in this house...No way!!
  • anels449
    anels449 Posts: 3,187 Member
    Options
    Sticking Qtips in my ears.
  • munkey418
    munkey418 Posts: 139
    Options
    my teeth falling out is my biggest fear! i think it started when i got braces and my teeth loosened and shifted. They're fine now, not loose at all but i wake up in a cold sweat after nightmares of losing teeth. I also have an issue with slimey hands like from too much lotion or something. even when taking a shower i have to wash shampoo on my hand off each time i touch my shampooed hair
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Spiders.
    Stairs somewhat... going down stairs definitely gives me anxiety.
  • KyliAnnHobson
    KyliAnnHobson Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Automatic car washes.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Don't like snakes. Don't like bugs. Act irrationally around any insect and completely avoid snakes.
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Automatic car washes.

This too...I feel claustrophobic & think the spinners are going to smash the windows & the truck/car won't move to get out.... My truck stays pretty dirty on the outside unless we get some good rain...lol
  • HLeAnn
    HLeAnn Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Moths and butterflies...also I have this really weird irrational fear that if my feet aren't covered up in bed something from under the bed will grab them lol.
  • Laura_Suzie
    Laura_Suzie Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    The "bridges" in shopping malls. I always had this irrational fear that the floor would crack and I would fall and die. My worst fear became a reality when the floor actually did crack on the second floor of this mall near where I live. No one was hurt, but still it freaked me out...
    mall.jpg
  • Joannie30
    Joannie30 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Dogs!

...and being buried alive!!!!!!!
  • LaviMc
    LaviMc Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Snakes, clowns, and love (often feel like I'm not worthy of the good stuff)...
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Well...I have diagnosed OCD, so I have a pretty long list. :laugh:

Lightning and spiders top my more benign list. Wolf spiders terrify me and they get HUGE here in Texas, but they're not even dangerous!
  • still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Spiders! I scream like a little girl and RUN out of the room

I've never been afraid of heights but I found out last summer that walking across a rope bridge was something I could not make myself do. I actually stood there and questioned myself as to what the hell the problem was. Strange.
  • bikingpanda
    bikingpanda Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Earth Worms.