Replies

• Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    1962 Comet. Wow, now i feel old LOL
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    '97 Eclipse...my first love but then my true love I lost was my 350z roadster. Good times. :drinker:
  • MD1978
    MD1978 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    80-something Ford LTD - I used to duck down when I entered the college parking lot so no one would see me :laugh:
  • lgwmab
    lgwmab Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I was 18 years old, yes, 18. I saved money from my first job, flipping burgers at Hardee's and it cost me $600! It was a 1985 Chevy Impala, light blue, minor rust, a nice rust hole under the gas peal, but a crossbeam kept enough support. The car had snow tires on the rear when we bought it, and WOULD NOT pass emmisions, I had to redo all the wires, the O2 sensor, and catalytic converter! So I put in about another $1,000 of work into it. near the end I had some problems, had to keep my foot on the gas to keep it running, when first starting it, a leak in the radiator. As far as the cassette stereo, well it was possesed. It would turn on when it wanted, and then shut off, so I had a boombox in my car for the stereo. I miss that car! ( I even waxed it) My second car was a 1995 Pontiac Grand Prix, 4 door, and I now own a 2003 Chevy Impala, I love my Impala, in fact, my old man has a 1965 Chevy Impala SS ragtop, it eeds restoration, but I have dibs on that car! thelma and Louise here I come, yes, it is red!
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    a 1955 Oldsmobile Delta 88. she was beautiful!!!!
  • Salvi30
    Salvi30 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    1997 Eddie Bauer Ford Bronco. I miss her. =(
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    2001 Volkswagen Beetle. Bought it used, all on my own, and had it paid for by the time I was a freshman in college. That car took me everywhere, and could parallel park like no one's business.

It also had a tape deck. Maybe it's nostalgia, but I kinda miss my cassette tapes melting in the car console during the summer. So much fun to try and pry the welded plastic off the car parts.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    First car given to me was a 1999 Nissan Pathfinder. First one I bought myself was a 2001 Subaru WRX.
  • aqua_zumba_fan
    Options
    I'm 32, have never had a car and never plan to :p
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    A '91 Toyota Camry... keep in mind that I was born in '92 so by the time I got this car it was pretty old!
  • gavintri
    gavintri Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    1988 Honda CRX...
    ...Best $900 ever spent:laugh:
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    87' Oldsmobile cutlass supreme. Ballin'
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    My first car was a 1988 Honda CRX, white, with wheel covers painted to match. It was my pride and joy, paid for by working 3 jobs, but I wanted to pay cash and not have payments. I kept it washed, waxed, detailed, and shining. I cried the day it died on the highway and I had to replace it. Let's just say I still have a framed picture of that car.
  • Sindari
    Sindari Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    1983 S-10 p/u Black with a red bench seat. V-6. Loved her but motor died.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    1969 Mercury Montego
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I'm 32, have never had a car and never plan to :p
    Do you live in the city or some place small enough to get around on foot/bike? I couldn't imagine not having a car, I'd never make it anywhere!
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    My first vehicle was a motorcycle.
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    1970 Firebird. Turquoise. With an AM radio. Had a ball with that car!
  • bethgames
    bethgames Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    A 1972 Fiat Spider. Damn I loved that car. First husband sold it to buy a new Enduro bike. My second husband would never do something like that to me. :heart:
  • mdsjmom98
    mdsjmom98 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    72 Chevy Nova - handed down to me after 2 of my siblings had it. It was a piece of crap, you could start it without a key, but it ran like a champ. We use to pile 6 of us in it and cruise town. I even ran it dry of oil once, my brother dumped oil in it, and it fired right up, and went through another sibling. Awesome car!!