What was your first car?

Options

Replies

• Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    a silver 1987 Dodge Shadow. I drove it until it literally fell apart, and it was a POS on any sort of hill, but I loved that little bugger with its wind-up windows and no-A/Cness!
  • GrnEydGrl86
    GrnEydGrl86 Posts: 154
    Options
    '93 Nissan 240sx

Her name was Lola :tongue:
  • soon2b_1fitmama
    Options
    mercedes 320 ml
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    ab45qr.jpg
    Back in 1989, my !st car was a 1976 Camaro
  • victoriasnow
    victoriasnow Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    95 Chevy Monte Carlo Z34.... emerald green.... best car ever!!
  • signgrrrl
    signgrrrl Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    AMC Gremlin Teal...Yee ha
  • HURLEYX3RO
    HURLEYX3RO Posts: 269
    Options
    1998 Chevy Monte Carlo Z34

GIVEN to me by my parents

No A/C (which sucked bc I live in Houston, TX)

but was my love!

Candy Apple Red, Rear Spoiler, Side Skirts, Front bumper ground effect, and had a tough growl.

I miss that car.

No a/c in HOUSTON? F that noise. My a/c gets turned on when the temp hits 65. Much respect!

Yeah, it sucked!!! As much as I dislike the new car, Im thankful for the A/C! :D
  • TXBelle1174
    TXBelle1174 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend at the time let me take over payments and transfer the loan on his car into my name. I worked at Subway and Little Ceasars Pizza and all I could afford was the car payment, the insurance, and gas in the car. I was 18. My first car was a 1989 VW Jetta GLI. It was black, with super dark tinted windows and 3 pc BBS rims with Pirelli racing tires. It had Neuspeed suspension and sway bars, an Ice Man air intake, and many other modifications. It was a manual shift. I took my dirving test in it and got a score of 100 (when it way still my boyfriends). Of course I had driven it a thousand times before I took the test. When you opened the hood, there was a lot of chrome and all the wires were hot pink. It had Recaro black leather racing seats, and a Momo steering wheel and shift knob and an amazing stereo system. It also had the Euro kit and all the dash instruments were white and glowed blue at night. It had a sunroof and was power everything. It was also SUPER fast and handled like a dream. I remember my friends racing with me on the highway and the needle was pegged at 140mph or whatever the last number on the speedometer was. Stupid kids, we could have killed ourselves. I loved that car so much. I had it for 6 months and it was stolen and stripped down to the bare bones. My insurance paid off the loan. I had $250 left over. :(
    I always say that car was my first true love.
  • longhaul64
    longhaul64 Posts: 124
    Options
    Remember cars with spark plugs you could actually see and were easy to get to? Remember service stations? No not gas stations.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    A '91 Toyota Camry... keep in mind that I was born in '92 so by the time I got this car it was pretty old!

Automatic or manual? Mine was a stick and I used to get 30+ mpg out of that hog.
    automatic, I don't know how to drive a stick.
  • HURLEYX3RO
    HURLEYX3RO Posts: 269
    Options
    95 Chevy Monte Carlo Z34.... emerald green.... best car ever!!

Woo same here but mine was 3 years newer and red! :D
  • minibusx
    minibusx Posts: 50
    Options
    A 93 OLD MINI :happy: My Mr Bean car :smile:
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    '81 Isuzu I-mark Deisel, 5 speed, LOVED THAT CAR!!
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    A white, 1965 Chevy Impala, 2 door, baby blue interior with a 327 engine (man that car could fly)
  • pxpwop
    pxpwop Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    1982 BMW 320i I paid 3K and it lasted about 2 years total. I had fun with that car. Tinted windows, stereo system you heard 3 blocks away. Oh, how I loved 1996 lol
  • newata
    newata Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    A red 1996 Nissan 200sx. I stopped driving it because I got in a minor accident and the front bumped came off. I tried to start it a couple months later and it wouldnt start so I sold it for $300 for parts. The guy that came to look at it, bought, then poured some gas in it and it worked just fine. I wasn't the brightest crayon in the box.
  • Jlynb1109
    Jlynb1109 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    1989 Dodge 600 = Hot lmao!
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I'm 32, have never had a car and never plan to :p
    Do you live in the city or some place small enough to get around on foot/bike? I couldn't imagine not having a car, I'd never make it anywhere!

I haven't driven my car in over two months. Here in Chicago, we have a great public transportation system...and some of the highest gas prices in the land.
    I bet that's nice. I live in Orlando, Fl. and we don't have anything but busses and the nearest bus stop is about a 45 minute walk from my apartment! But I don't mind driving, nothing is all that far away either.
  • Tiffaney82690
    Options
    91 cutlass supreme! oldsmobile <3 miss that car to this day
  • bradthemedic
    bradthemedic Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    My first car wasn't that exciting... a 1990 jeep wrangler. My SECOND was my baby. A lifted beefed up 1987 wranger with the infamous 6cyl carb.

And since then I've had 18 other cars.