What was your first car?

Options

Replies

• bleacheblonde
    bleacheblonde Posts: 333
    Options
    First car ever was when my parents bought me a 1992 powder-blue Mercury Topaz. The first car I bought myself was a 1996 red Ford Thunderbird, and I still have it. The rear right turn signal doesn't work, the body is starting rust a little on the bottom and the back right taillight has red duct tape on it, but it's still my baby and I'm going to drive it until it literally falls apart :)
  • gavintri
    gavintri Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    My first car was a 1988 Honda CRX, white, with wheel covers painted to match. It was my pride and joy, paid for by working 3 jobs, but I wanted to pay cash and not have payments. I kept it washed, waxed, detailed, and shining. I cried the day it died on the highway and I had to replace it. Let's just say I still have a framed picture of that car.

LIKE!

Mine was Gray and i also have a framed picture of it
  • hebenn01
    hebenn01 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    96 neon. BE JEALOUS
  • camoser1978
    Options
    1984 CHEV CAVALIER, white with a good amount of rust, its how I learned to drive a stick shift.
  • april_beth
    april_beth Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    buahahah - an AMC Concord...light blue. and my friend whose last name was April (and April being my first, duh) had an AMC Concord as well, dark blue...*SMH* one helluva boat of a car :)
  • jad54
    jad54 Posts: 192
    Options
    I'm 32, have never had a car and never plan to :p
    Do you live in the city or some place small enough to get around on foot/bike? I couldn't imagine not having a car, I'd never make it anywhere!

I haven't driven my car in over two months. Here in Chicago, we have a great public transportation system...and some of the highest gas prices in the land.
    I bet that's nice. I live in Orlando, Fl. and we don't have anything but busses and the nearest bus stop is about a 45 minute walk from my apartment! But I don't mind driving, nothing is all that far away either.

My college roommate was from the Orlando area (Winter Park). Very cool town. We used to stay there a few days during spring break when we'd head down there.

It's nice not having to drive, though I miss it at times. Too damn congested, especially this time of year.
  • SueSlick
    SueSlick Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    1968 Buick LeSabre...what a tank! My girlfriend's parents all felt safe with me driving us around in that thing.
  • Nic620
    Nic620 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    1998 black Honda Accord when I was 18! Loved the car & it lasted! I still kept it when I got my 2nd car. When we wanted to upgrade to a new sedan we traded it in finally. Bad move thou. Should have hanged on to it.
  • gavintri
    gavintri Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    1988 Honda CRX...
    ...Best $900 ever spent:laugh:

I miss my CRX!
    ditto.. Bought it in 98 when i was still in High school and worked part time at Mcdonalds. It only had two seats but i carried at least 3 friends with me at a time:-). shhhhhh dont tell anyone.
  • steve3146
    steve3146 Posts: 26
    Options
    1989 ford tempo. Bought it with 178,000 miles and a busted side mirror
  • jad54
    jad54 Posts: 192
    Options
    96 neon. BE JEALOUS

I'm jelly.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I'm 32, have never had a car and never plan to :p
    Do you live in the city or some place small enough to get around on foot/bike? I couldn't imagine not having a car, I'd never make it anywhere!

I haven't driven my car in over two months. Here in Chicago, we have a great public transportation system...and some of the highest gas prices in the land.
    I bet that's nice. I live in Orlando, Fl. and we don't have anything but busses and the nearest bus stop is about a 45 minute walk from my apartment! But I don't mind driving, nothing is all that far away either.

My college roommate was from the Orlando area (Winter Park). Very cool town. We used to stay there a few days during spring break when we'd head down there.

It's nice not having to drive, though I miss it at times. Too damn congested, especially this time of year.
    That's actually really close to where I'm at. My last job was in Winter Park! I moved over here from a smaller town about an hour away to go to college two years ago.
  • jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    a 1976 green chevy pickup named Ocar. Loved him!
  • jayayach
    jayayach Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    1994 Toyota Tercel - Not sure what color it was because everyone argued over whether it was green or blue. I think it was green - an awful shade of green. It had been rear-ended twice and totaled - the back bumper was no longer straight and was held on by roofing screws; the tail lights were held in by duct tape; and every time it rained, I had to use the shop vac to remove the water from the trunk or listen to water sloshing in there for weeks. No one could sit in the back seat because it was always soggy. It smelled awful. The cloth from above my head hung in my face, and when I had the window down I had to wear shades so the foamy stuff holding it up wouldn't blow off in my eyes. I couldn't see out of three of the windows because the tint had bubbled badly. It had an exhaust leak and roared. It went 0-60 in about 10 minutes. I loved that car because I live in Texas, and the a/c was so cold it spit out ice. About 2 months after I sold it, it caught fire and burnt to a shell. I cried. - I put about 1,000 miles a week on this car while I had her, and she only broke down about once a month. Once had to have a friend tow her almost 200 miles so I could get home, yet I still miss her. We called her my little ghetto cruiser. sigh...
  • dubw
    dubw Posts: 429
    Options
    53 Ford Slush-amatic
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    '94 Grand Am
  • Soulflwr
    Soulflwr Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I drove my father's 1995 Isuzu Trooper...my friends called it the Partridge Family bus lol! It was huge for a 16 year old, but I was SAFE! I never used the back for much though...Darn #missedopportunities

Later I graduated to MY first car a 2001 Mistubishi Galant which, I still own to this day :o/
  • lgwmab
    lgwmab Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I almost forgot, since I saw a few camaro's and firebird's. I actually have the car I wanted now, well not the exact car, but close. A 1984 Pontiac Firebird, I have been restoring for a couple of years. I have grey interior, with a golden orange paint on it, still more work to do, just guesing, about $1,000.
  • ItsMandeeBitch
    ItsMandeeBitch Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    95 Black Sunfire the darkest windows and the hottest (sweating thinking about it) car ever...for a few months until well I drove it into the ditch :( ha-ha on my way to juvenile court for a speeding ticket O NO LOL.
  • DBiddle69
    DBiddle69 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport Forest Green color
    351 cu in (5.8 L) Windsor V8

Hope the picture works!

1972_Ford_Torino_Gran_Sport_8.JPG

Only shows half the picture!