When are you going to stop logging?

Options
124»

Replies

• secretgirl4611
    secretgirl4611 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Once I whip my bod back into shape. reach my goal weight! Thats when I will stop logging.. but of course I will still use all I have learned and apply that to my daily routine for life!... This is LIFESTYLE change for me, not just a fix of a body image..
  • aaaaaamy
    aaaaaamy Posts: 24
    Options
    I think I'll stop when I've been within 1kg of my goal weight for three months - then come back and start logging again if I ever stay 2kg over my goal weight for more than a month - although I reckon seeing that golden number vanish off the scale would have me running back here well before that month was up!
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I've tried not logging.., did not work for long, i will do it until I die....
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Probably never.
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    At this stage I do not see me stopping logging - I am not logging over weekends any longer (even though I still mentally keep on track) - it is not about weekend blow-outs - I stay true - just dont log.

I also don't log when I go on holiday - or a long weekend away.....but as soon as I get back home I am straight back into it - I like the accountability - and I like to see the numbers. I am a "list person", so MFP just made so much sense to me from day one!
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I stopped a few weeks ago actually. Calorie counting was becoming unhealthy and non-beneficial to me in many ways. It was becoming about the number, not the nutrition. If I had calories left for the day, I would use them to eat junk. I would eat when I wasn't hungry because I had the calories. It was just not the right relationship for me to have with food. So I stopped counting.

I still log in occasionally and log, just to see where I'm sitting and how I'm doing. I'm almost always under my 1400 net cal goal, sometimes close to 1200-1300. Even when I do surpass that, it's not into an amount that would cause me to gain. Now I focus on eating when I'm hungry, and on nutrition. I haven't lost much more (but I'm pretty close to my goal anyway), but I'm eating better and resolving my weird food hang ups.
  • nammer79
    nammer79 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I don't see any reason to stop I'm doing a lifestyle change here so I guess I'll stop when I die get to old to log, or blow up the interwebs
  • Narisong
    Narisong Posts: 191
    Options
    When eating healthy becomes as easy and mindless as eating crap while I sit in front of the tv, when all my food is portioned for me at the store, or when I win the megabucks and can pay someone big bucks to do all my measuring, cooking, and logging for me. ;)

Yep

Yep Yep
  • mjterp
    mjterp Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Just out of curiousity, and not to take away from anyones accomplishments, but if you never stop logging does that mean you really didn't learn how to live healthy? What happens if you lose the internet are you gonna revert back to your old ways just because you can't log anything? It's like saying I would never take the training wheels off because they are such a big help in me learning to ride the bike. Not trying to offend or say anyone is wrong for saying they would never quit logging but I just wonder.

I think for some it is a tool that can be tossed when its usefulness is done, but for others, like me, it is like exercise. I'm NOT going to stop riding a bike just because I know how now. I'm NOT going to stop dancing just because I know how to do the moves now. I'm not going to stop using a calculator for long division, despite the fact that I KNOW how to do long devision. It is a lifelong tool for me that helps me KEEP doing what others can do the long way (or inherent way, or automatic way...whatever.) *I* have made it a life choice because I believe it would be too easy for me to slip a little here and there and suddenly be back like another family member who lost 160 pounds and has put almost all of it back on because after 2 years of maintenance he "knew what he was doing."

Exercise is a new part of my life (a returned part, actually), abundance of water has returned to my life, and MFP is a new part of my everyday life. PLUS, all of MFP friends!

MOSTLY...I have a responsibility to pay it forward and help others the way others are now helping ME!
  • mandylooo
    mandylooo Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Just out of curiousity, and not to take away from anyones accomplishments, but if you never stop logging does that mean you really didn't learn how to live healthy? What happens if you lose the internet are you gonna revert back to your old ways just because you can't log anything? It's like saying I would never take the training wheels off because they are such a big help in me learning to ride the bike. Not trying to offend or say anyone is wrong for saying they would never quit logging but I just wonder.

I agree with the approach that MFP is a tool to help you to learn how to eat healthily. Maybe for some people it becomes more than that - a way to deal with something slightly out of control, but for most of us I think it is normal and healthy to want to stop logging when we have learned what we need to.
  • heyitsmegxx
    heyitsmegxx Posts: 444
    Options
    I have to stop logging when I travel, or when I don't have a computer around me. ): Other than that, I don't ever want to stop logging.
  • glengiles
    glengiles Posts: 147
    Options
    I'm too far away from my goal to even think about it. I have years to go.
  • jetabear10
    jetabear10 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Never gonna stop otherwise I may slip back into old eating habits!
  • Ladyzumba
    Ladyzumba Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    For me this is just a tool that has become a part of a lifestyle change and if MFP should go away,
    I guess I will have to resort to the old days and get a notebook and pen.
  • nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    Options

This!