RUNNERS!!! What percentage of the time does...

Options

Replies

• baycat107
    baycat107 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    He always goes if he can, 67% of the time. I gave him credit for Turkey Trot bc he was home cooking the turkey! He hates to run, so never competes with me.
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    so do i count as a runner?
    you run, therefore you are a runner. simple logic :D
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    80% of the time.
  • n_unocero
    n_unocero Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    so do i count as a runner?
    you run, therefore you are a runner. simple logic :D

makes sense. =)

and i do have to add that i won awards in both of those races...so i'm pretty ok at it too! lol
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    My wife used to be supportive of my running at first, now she's pretty much over it. Sometimes they travel out of town with me for marathons, but they usually don't bother coming out too see me run anymore.

Luckily my kids now come out and run 5Ks, so that helps the cause.

I always felt bad when my ex would have to wait 5-6 hours while I did a Half Ironman. I can only imagine how boring it had to be, especially when she'd only catch a fleeting glimpse of me in the transition area, before I'd be gone for another couple hours. I never complained if she didn't want to go, but it was nice knowing she was there.
  • kazzari
    kazzari Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    It happened once. I haven't counted the events, so I can't calculate the percentage.
  • brittdaw32
    brittdaw32 Posts: 14
    Options
    Every race. I don't race a ton, perhaps if I did it would affect how much he attended.
  • DFWTT
    DFWTT Posts: 374
    Options
    It happened once. I haven't counted the events, so I can't calculate the percentage.

Same story.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    i put it in excel and it said it could no divide by zero.

how about you?

LOL'ing out loud at Bill's comment. A much needed giggle. Thanks!

My answer would be the same as his...possibly a negative number? I don't know, I am not good at math. :sad:
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    I've only run one race that my wife wasn't also running. That was a 10K the same weekend she was out of state running her first ever full marathon. And before anyone says, " How could you miss that?", she had her step mom and sister with her and she was also meeting one of her MFP peeps there also. I have went to three of her Triathlons as a spectator. That is a hard sport to watch; you get a work out running around from spot to spot. So as a spectator, i'd say 10% of the time.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Well, I haven't done a race yet. My first is in two weeks. My second is in July. And they damn well better be at both...even the kids LOL! The first one is for Girls on the Run and I haven't decided yet if the kids will run with me or not (well, the older two). The second one is the Color Run so I think they'll have a blast at that one too.

After my first two, if I do more LOL, they can stay home if they want to.

I'm doing the Denver Color Run in a couple weeks...really looking forward to that one! Hope your kids have fun!
  • Daisy_Cutter
    Daisy_Cutter Posts: 774
    Options
    When I was married I only did races that had a SPOF of 7 or less. SPOF is Spousal Pi$$ Off Factor. If it was 8 or above I did not go. This being said my ex almost NEVER went to any race with me unless it was out of town and it benefited him .... read: had a good place to golf.

Out of the 18 marathons I ran, he went to 2 or 3.
  • DFWTT
    DFWTT Posts: 374
    Options
    SPOF is Spousal Pi$$ Off Factor. If it was 8 or above I did not go.

:laugh: :laugh:
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Well, I've only been running for a year and have only done 3 so far. He did a 5k and a 4 miler with me but let me do the half-marathon on my own. He said he'd stay but I told him to go home and come back in time to see me cross the finish line. We're signed up for 2 more (Bay Bridge run and the Color Run) together.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    My husband came to see my cross the finish line when I ran my first half marathon (my parents actually came for it too, my mom cried <3). But I don't ever expect anyone to come to my races, I'd rather see folks later after I'm all cleaned up. :)

Oh, percentage-wise, I've only done four races, including the half, so it's technically 25% of the time. But that's the only one any one will be at, so that number will just keep getting smaller. heh
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    ~ I would be his biggest fan ... nothing like celebrating a victory together ! With that being said ... " would " is the key word here.
    Maybe, someday ... I'll be waiting at the finish line. :wink:
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I'm single. But, I would love for my girl to be waiting for me at he finish line. :heart:
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I'm single but I would go to them all. Maybe even try to run a few with him. I think it would be awesome to be waiting at the finish line cheering him on!

Totally! I am hoping my future spouse is a runner so we can support each other! Depending on distance - if it were a marathon, ultra or relay, I'd totally go to all his races!
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    When I was married I only did races that had a SPOF of 7 or less. SPOF is Spousal Pi$$ Off Factor. If it was 8 or above I did not go. This being said my ex almost NEVER went to any race with me unless it was out of town and it benefited him .... read: had a good place to golf.

Out of the 18 marathons I ran, he went to 2 or 3.

LOVE SPOF!! Hahaha! :( I'm sorry he was hardly there, but great job on the 18! I hope to accomplish that many, with a supportive spouse!!
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Never, but I hope that changes, it would be good to have support at the end of a race.

My parents showed up at the end of my first 1/2 Marathon, so that was nice.