RUNNERS!!! What percentage of the time does...

Options

Replies

• momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    None- but in his defense he works on the weekends so that's kind of an excuse. He is taking the day off and going to my half marathon in September though.
    My parents and sister have been at different races- and my bff has been to a couple. I like it when someone comes because they bring my kids and I swear everytime I see them (the kids) at the finish line cheering me on I cry- tears of joy. There is nothing in the world like seeing and hearing your 3 year old and 2 year old yelling "Yeah Mommy! Go Mommy!"
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I'd guess about 75% of my races, my husband and little one have been at the finish line. Definitely makes me dig hard at the end! :happy:
  • gleechick609
    gleechick609 Posts: 551
    Options
    Rarely. I sign him up for races and then the day before or the day of, something comes up and he can't race. Same goes with friends. My friends will sign up for races and then I get the call, "sorry, can't do it now." Lol. I don't mind racing by myself.
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    My hubby and I have done all of our races together untill he got deployed to Afghanistan last year. Even then he stayed up late this weekend and was sending me emails the whole day of my half marathon! He was literally "there" with me at the finish line!!! If he is not ready to run a race with me when he gets back..he'd be there the whole time cheering me on until he is trained up again!!(He's not in a great area for outdoor running) I am very lucky!! :heart:

That is the sweetest thing!! He's such a "keeper", Cari!!
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    There has only been 4 races that my wife has not also run and of those 4 the only one she wasn't there to watch was on a Saturday when she was working on something for church. So, 95% of the time she is there running or supporting me. This Saturday she will be with me when I run the Contraband 5 Miler because she is still recovering from surgery.
  • RichardsFitTraining
    RichardsFitTraining Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My husband goes to every race I enter. I don't think he's missed a single one.
  • ktfitzgerald
    ktfitzgerald Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    100%. But I've only done 1 (a half marathon near home). My husband doesn't run - or even exercise at all - but having his support meant a lot to me.
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I've only been in two races so far but my husband been at the finish line for both and he was at the start and finish for my recent 10k. He said he was upset that he missed the start of my first race. I'm going to do a few more races this summer and he's planning to go to all of them.

He doesn't run yet but he's been talking about starting.
  • sgmomma
    sgmomma Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I've done 1 race so far. Have Girls on the run this Saturday and Color Run in June.

At my first one my hubby was there my 2 kiddos, my nephew, my mom, my step dad and one of my step brothers (in his defense hes 8 he didn't get a choice lol)

This weekend I believe it will be at least my mom and nephew, hubby and kiddos.
  • cls_333
    cls_333 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Always...if he's not up to competing he comes & cheers, and takes pictures & waits for me at the finish. I hate going alone, so I love that he's such a good sport. He even supported me at one recently that was on our anniversary! He usually competes too, but doesn't like the longer & hilly ones. And lately, it's hard to train when there are fish out there that need to be caught!
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    1%
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    (Triathletes too)

What percentage of the time does your spouse/ gf/ bf go to races with you when YOU are the one competing?

So far, I have been fortunate, 100% of the time, he spectates and snaps photos and takes an independent time of my running.
  • PandaHerber
    PandaHerber Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is the biggest baby in the cold. So I tell him not to go to the colder races (especially if they are only 5k's) - but he goes to all non winter runs or if I tell him it's an important race. Assuming he's in town. He's a pilot and sometimes his bids suck and he doesn't get a weekend off. He said he might start training with me and maybe do some races next year. But he's supportive at least.
  • iuangina
    iuangina Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    He goes with me every time that he can. I would say on average it's about 90% of the time. There are times when he has to travel for work and he will miss a race or two.
  • sailorsiren13
    sailorsiren13 Posts: 460
    Options
    Most of the time he doesn't my girlfriend and i are doing them together. It's our time without kids and SO's but last weekend he went with me to the Fiesta 10k/5k. I did the 10 and he did the 5 it was his first time entering an official race even though he is a
    runner and he placed while i just finished. He circled around and took pics of me coming into the last mile with my gf and it was pretty fantastic. We are doing a trail run together and then nothing together until a 1/2 marathon in November. He is the rabbit and i am the turtle from Aesop's fable. It works for us. You have to figure out what works for you. Good luck and happy running!
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Never ever.
  • phillieschic
    phillieschic Posts: 615
    Options
    We run together...although he runs the 1/2 marathons and I'm only at the 5K level. I can usually be found belly up to the bar waiting for him to finish. :smile:
  • cariandy
    cariandy Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    My hubby and I have done all of our races together untill he got deployed to Afghanistan last year. Even then he stayed up late this weekend and was sending me emails the whole day of my half marathon! He was literally "there" with me at the finish line!!!

I think I love your husband!
    He is awesome! :smile: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • cariandy
    cariandy Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    My hubby and I have done all of our races together untill he got deployed to Afghanistan last year. Even then he stayed up late this weekend and was sending me emails the whole day of my half marathon! He was literally "there" with me at the finish line!!! If he is not ready to run a race with me when he gets back..he'd be there the whole time cheering me on until he is trained up again!!(He's not in a great area for outdoor running) I am very lucky!! :heart:

That is the sweetest thing!! He's such a "keeper", Cari!!
    We both have keepers, mary!!!!
  • tenunderfour
    tenunderfour Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    i put it in excel and it said it could no divide by zero.

how about you?

LMAO!!
    Well I have THE most sedentary partner ever. He comes to maybe 10% of my races..... usually only the ones that are far away and we make a vacation out of it.