100+ Pounds to lose Labor Day Challenge beg 7/6

Options
12345679»

Replies

• kimcat73
    kimcat73 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Good morning all. Well, I'm afraid my diet is going to falter this next week. I have had to take off to NY (from MD) because my mom has passed away. I've already been eating bad because I just can't think about calories right now. I also didn't have a computer until now and so I've tried to remember what I've eaten in the past couple days so at least I can be honest. This is by far the hardest thing I've ever had to do and it hasn't even really began. We (my brother and I) will be having to get her affairs and possessions in order. It also makes it hard because he will need to go back Friday for work so the rest will fall to me. It will be tough but I will try not to derail my efforts for weight loss.....she was so proud of me and I know she'd hate it if I stopped because of all of this. I'll try to keep in touch as much as possible. Talk soon! Kim
  • cdwinters
    cdwinters Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Kamkat...I am so sorry for your loss. Just take it one day at a time and do what you can. Don't be too hard on yourself if the diet isn't going well...you have a lot on your plate. You and your family will be in my thoughts this week.
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Kamkat - My thoughts and prayers are with you, take care of yourself during this stressful time.
  • Dreaj79
    Dreaj79 Posts: 212
    Options
    Kamcat, I am so sorry for your loss. Hang in there. I'll be praying for you and your family.
  • lstpaul
    Options
    Well, we are approaching labor day ... and I think it unlikely I will make my 10 pound goal by then ... but I am happy to have lost 5 pounds from the time we started this challenge. At least that is progress in the right direction! :drinker:
    I managed to gain just .4 pounds last week when on vacation ... but I was a little bummed because I know early in the week I had lost some more weight on vacation - but then put it back on at the end of the vacation when I started to pig out! But at least the overall damage wasn't bad and I am getting back on track today.
    Good luck to everyone!:flowerforyou:
  • lstpaul
    Options
    How are you doing ladies?!!!
    I didn't lose 10 pounds from starting this challenge on 7/6 ... but I realized that I did lose 10 pounds from 5/16 ... so I am pleased with that! yippee! It may be a little overly optimistic ... but my goal for New Year's Day is to be a total of 35 pounds down ... to be at 220 which is the weight I was when I got married in 2000.
    Have a great labor day weekend everyone!:drinker:
  • kimcat73
    kimcat73 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, just checking in....it's been a while but I'm finally back at home after a very long and emotional trip to NY. I've been really bad and last I checked I had gained about 6 pounds, but I'll weigh again tomorrow and let you know for sure. I've really been eating whatever I wanted. I really wish I was one of those people that can't eat when they are upset, but I turn to food and eat nonstop! Hopefully back on track tomorrow, if not then definitely Monday. I'll be back to work Monday so there is no excuse not to be good. It's been very hard and I'm still dealing with my mom's death but I hope I don't let it get to me so much that it derails my weight loss, I know she would hate that. Hope you guys are doing well:) Kim