I PLANK CHALLENGE YOU

Options
Zara11
Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
...please play or I'll feel like a fool. Post a note that you'll play and then edit it with your time!

Since I have the time to sit here posting, I'm going to go hold a plank - good form, please! Watch that butt! - for as long as possible.

I DARE you to do the same.

If you're reading this/ reading the comments, you clearly have time time. 5 seconds is better than 0, so what are you waiting for?

Let's post times, and keep up a challenge.

WHAT A PLANK IS: http://images.teamsugar.com/files/upl0/1/12981/07_2008/plank-on-elbows.jpg
ONLINE STOP WATCH: http://www.online-stopwatch.com/full-screen-stopwatch/
-
-
-
-
MY TIME: 2 min 3 sec!

Replies

• MandiFruitt
    Options
    ok i will try this... what is it for tho?? what does it do??
  • AmyBrenn
    AmyBrenn Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'll play...

I've been taking a boot camp class in the mornings and part of our assessment every four weeks is seeing how long we can hold the plank (butt down is a must!).

Last Friday, I held my plank for 7 minutes, 5 seconds! The record is just over 8 minutes, so that's my goal. :)
  • AmyBrenn
    AmyBrenn Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    ok i will try this... what is it for tho?? what does it do??

It shows you how strong your core is. A strong core is key to a strong body.
  • MelL1205
    MelL1205 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    oh man. i'm so bad at this.

1 minute, 51 seconds... i just couldn't make it to 2 minutes.
  • Zara11
    Options
    I'll play...

I've been taking a boot camp class in the mornings and part of our assessment every four weeks is seeing how long we can hold the plank (butt down is a must!).

Last Friday, I held my plank for 7 minutes, 5 seconds! The record is just over 8 minutes, so that's my goal. :)

SEVEN MINUTES? Holy crud. My two minutes look like... child play. I must work on that. Perhaps, five second intervals every night or so.

And this is just for fun/ to get us off the computer for a few minutes. Or seconds. :flowerforyou:
  • Zara11
    Options
    1:51 is pretty darn good :) maybe in an hour, or tomorrow, you can add another :05 :flowerforyou:
  • MandiFruitt
    Options
    well Im so weak I got a bout 30 sec....... But I walked 3.5 miles today lol up hill
  • goldsguy
    goldsguy Posts: 58
    Options
    1min, 5 sec dang
  • Rugbychick16
    Rugbychick16 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Well I did it. And I lasted 8 friggin seconds. (My arms hurt from kayaking...). Then my husband made fun of me. So I told him to do it. And he couldn't. Then I tried again. And farted....
  • MelL1205
    Options
    I'll play...

Wow! 7 minutes! I'm absolutely dying from my 1:51....
  • Zara11
    Options
    Well I did it. And I lasted 8 friggin seconds. (My arms hurt from kayaking...). Then my husband made fun of me. So I told him to do it. And he couldn't. Then I tried again. And farted....

You rock. You get like 10 minutes for making me laugh... but lost 1 minute because my tummy hurts wayyy too much right now to laugh!

Do it tomorrow! And sounds like you had a blast today!

Also... if the planks are too easy/you want something different (I don't know if these are actually easier or harder), try these: http://www.fitsugar.com/3269137
  • MelL1205
    Options

You rock. You get like 10 minutes for making me laugh... but lost 1 minute because my tummy hurts wayyy too much right now to laugh!

Do it tomorrow! And sounds like you had a blast today!

haha, grazie to you both for making me chuckle. :smile:
    ciao
  • MandiFruitt
    Options
    OMG!!!! I so farted too.... hahahaha but wasnt brave enough to say so..... lmao
  • Rugbychick16
    Options
    Oh...I have no shame...:happy:
  • MandiFruitt
    Options
    Me neither usually..... But was trying to be professional hahahahha.... My son fell over laughing when I did it tho....
  • Rugbychick16
    Options
    Funny, my husband nearly fell over too...but I had broccoli today so it wasn't cos he was laughing.
  • Zara11
    Options
    Me neither usually..... But was trying to be professional hahahahha.... My son fell over laughing when I did it tho....

Tell your son to try it... I make my seven year old little brother join in when he makes comments, and he always ends up taking back what he said! :laugh:
  • cellorocker
    cellorocker Posts: 290
    Options
    I'm gonna do this.
    Give me a second, and I'll post after I've timed myself.
    Maybe I should go the bathroom first....

Edit:
    :noway:
    FAIL!
    34 seconds!

Well, I was tired today and everything, sore too.
    I want to make one minute by.... July 20th. That's my challenge. Two seconds everyday.
  • kroger7
    kroger7 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    1:34 :grumble: lol I used to rule at this in high school! all the other girls would be collapsing and there I was, happily planking away. Now, entering my junior year of college, I can't even break 2 minutes. lol shameful

oh, and ps, I think I'll need to remember this the next time I'm gassy lol works like a charm:blushing:
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    2:30 .. whew, and I thought horse stance training was hard :laugh:.