I PLANK CHALLENGE YOU

Options

Replies

• thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have to try this tonight at home.
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    I was up to 1min 11 secs this morning then I tried the side planks. They are HARD. I was only able to do 22 seconds!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I went to the physical therapist today to get the correct form.

She said"

Your neck should not hurt in any position-relax the neck.

In the front plank head should be in line with your back. Do NOT look up...

The butt being up a bit will release some tension on the lower back, but someone should be able to put a level on your back and have it center.

On the side planks you can use your hand to balance you until you get it right.

Your head should be relaxed and again, your neck should not hurt.

Practice practice practice.

And I did 2 sets while there!! Still only 5 seconds on side planks, but it is about getting better right!!??

:flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • fanta014
    fanta014 Posts: 56
    Options
    Looks like a fun challenge! :happy:

I tried it today after my C25K run and 8 min abs workout, and I held it for 1:10. So... the only way is up! I'll get better at this :smile:
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    I did it this morning. I got to 1 min. that's up 5sec from last night.

How many times a day should planks be done?
  • Itmomma
    Itmomma Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I wanna play too! I only lasted 1:26 BLAH! Harder than it looks!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    lol, I did this yesterday, I did 4 minutes then my elbows started to hurt cuz I was at work and we have industrial carpet. One of these day's I'm gonna have to give it a real go. I didn't feel all that bad when I stopped, I could have kept going if it wasn't for the rug burn. :tongue:

Planks are good stuff though, you guys keep up the great work, planks work all your abs and your obliques too! Great sheath workout!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    lol, I did this yesterday, I did 4 minutes then my elbows started to hurt cuz I was at work and we have industrial carpet. One of these day's I'm gonna have to give it a real go. I didn't feel all that bad when I stopped, I could have kept going if it wasn't for the rug burn. :tongue:

Planks are good stuff though, you guys keep up the great work, planks work all your abs and your obliques too! Great sheath workout!

show off

00020378.gif
  • cowsaysmoo
    cowsaysmoo Posts: 15
    Options
    I'll play. 1:16. Then my 2 year old daughter tried to climb on my back for a horsey ride. Maybe I'll try again later when she's in bed. (Honestly, I was glad she tried to climb up; it was a good excuse to stop. Holding plank position is tough!)

Completely off subject...she just stood on one of her flat, sqaure toys and said, "look mommy, a scale." I'm not sure if I find that funny or sad.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I'll play. 1:16. Then my 2 year old daughter tried to climb on my back for a horsey ride. Maybe I'll try again later when she's in bed. (Honestly, I was glad she tried to climb up; it was a good excuse to stop. Holding plank position is tough!)

Completely off subject...she just stood on one of her flat, sqaure toys and said, "look mommy, a scale." I'm not sure if I find that funny or sad.

:laugh: They see what we do.....watching all the durn time:laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I have a friend who goes to the gym with me. I have been practicing the planks and wanted to show her how to do it. I struggle to stack my feet, line up my body and push myself up in a nice side plank. Shake as I put my hand on my hip and hold the pose for like 5 seconds.

So proud was I.

Then she says she will try it. Pops right up into the most perfect side plank I have ever seen.............and holds as she is talking to me " Is this right? Is it supposed to be hard?"

Why I oughta..............:angry:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • SHBoss1673
    Options

show off

00020378.gif

Sweetie, I do Planks 4 times a week, I just never do more then about a minute at a time. But I usually do those along with crunches, oblique twists, hip thrusts...etc. so I knew I could do it for a while. I just didn't know how long.
  • kimss
    kimss Posts: 1,146
    Options
    I just did it for the first time , 1:39. That was so hard. I'm going to suggest this to my woggers group for tomorrows challenge. the girls will really hate me for this one. that was truely harder than I thought it would be. I also saw my stomach fat fall all round and balled up hanging from me like I have never seen before.:noway: :huh: :embarassed: although, that was the exact amount of fat that needs to go. now, how do I pinpoint that fat and get it gone, without surgery?
  • Itmomma
    Itmomma Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    ok, not much better than yesterday, 1:41 and shaking like crazy! Should you do this more than once daily?
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I tried this last night when I remembered after my workout. 50 secs.

Got a question, since I've been doing P90 Power yoga, my only experience with the Plank was arms straight in a push up type position.
    I see these ones are on the elbows.

Any difference?
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    I tried this last night when I remembered after my workout. 50 secs.

Got a question, since I've been doing P90 Power yoga, my only experience with the Plank was arms straight in a push up type position.
    I see these ones are on the elbows.

Any difference?

yes, there is a difference, you're supporting more weight with your core and sheath with the elbow planks, they both work the core, but slightly more upper core for the elbow planks.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Last Friday, I held my plank for 7 minutes, 5 seconds! The record is just over 8 minutes, so that's my goal. :)

Seven minutes, holy smokes! I can't hold it for more than 30, maybe 45 seconds!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Well I did it. And I lasted 8 friggin seconds. (My arms hurt from kayaking...). Then my husband made fun of me. So I told him to do it. And he couldn't. Then I tried again. And farted....

That just made me literally laugh out loud! :laugh:
  • Wishful
    Wishful Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I tried these for the first time yesterday. 15 seconds...good grief, they don't sound like they'd be nearly impossible!:noway:
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    I am so out of shape :sad: i could only do 42 seconds lol...that was the first time ive ever done a plank