I PLANK CHALLENGE YOU

Options

Replies

• NinaDawn79
    NinaDawn79 Posts: 164
    Options
    I finally did it, and was completely amazed and proud that I lasted 1 min, 5 seconds (of immense shaking)!!! ::high fiving myself:: My plan is to sneak into the private room off the bathroom after every potty break and do one, never tried holding it so long before. Cheers for coming up with this great challenge!!

Question: If your form is correct, should you feel it much in your shoulders/arms?? Cuz they be sore right now. :embarassed:
  • maurierose
    maurierose Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    1:15 today!!! (That's after a much different time of 42 seconds this morning. lol)
    I gained 13 seconds on top of my best time yesterday. Zara, this is a great thread!

Hmm, were any of you 7-minuters doing the fully-extended-arms planks? :noway: Just kidding! Just tried them, they ARE easier than the ones on elbows. Maybe that should be our next challenge, after everyone passes the 7 minute mark on these. We'll all be watching our favorite tv shows doing extended-arm-planks cuz we'll be sooo buff.... I can see it now.... :laugh: :laugh: :bigsmile:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I did my push ups at work, like I do each day. Decided to do straight arm planks too!!

I can make it to a bout 1 minute, but I do 3 sets of side and prone.

Dayam!:smokin:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I finally did it, and was completely amazed and proud that I lasted 1 min, 5 seconds (of immense shaking)!!! ::high fiving myself:: My plan is to sneak into the private room off the bathroom after every potty break and do one, never tried holding it so long before. Cheers for coming up with this great challenge!!

Question: If your form is correct, should you feel it much in your shoulders/arms?? Cuz they be sore right now. :embarassed:

It depends on if you do any shoulder exercises. The first time I tried it last year my shouders hurt, now they do not because I do shoulder work all the time.

Elbows directly below your shoulders
    hands straight out in front of you
    I make sure to do it on a mat....even a bath mat will do.

I am so proud of you for trying these!!:flowerforyou:
  • AmyBrenn
    AmyBrenn Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    1:15 today!!! (That's after a much different time of 42 seconds this morning. lol)
    I gained 13 seconds on top of my best time yesterday. Zara, this is a great thread!

Hmm, were any of you 7-minuters doing the fully-extended-arms planks? :noway: Just kidding! Just tried them, they ARE easier than the ones on elbows. Maybe that should be our next challenge, after everyone passes the 7 minute mark on these. We'll all be watching our favorite tv shows doing extended-arm-planks cuz we'll be sooo buff.... I can see it now.... :laugh: :laugh: :bigsmile:

Nope, it was a proper plank. I couldn't last 7 minutes with extended arms. It hurts my wrists too much! I really think that if y'all keep practicing, you'll see your time increase in no time!
  • tabbydog
    tabbydog Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Well I did it. And I lasted 8 friggin seconds. (My arms hurt from kayaking...). Then my husband made fun of me. So I told him to do it. And he couldn't. Then I tried again. And farted....

You rock. You get like 10 minutes for making me laugh... but lost 1 minute because my tummy hurts wayyy too much right now to laugh!

Do it tomorrow! And sounds like you had a blast today!

Also... if the planks are too easy/you want something different (I don't know if these are actually easier or harder), try these: http://www.fitsugar.com/3269137

Plank on the hands is harder than plank on the elbows.
  • Itmomma
    Itmomma Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    So, I lasted a whopping 1:57 this morning, not much easier though, are you supposed to feel tension in your lower back?
  • bbear
    bbear Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Only 1:32...dang, I thought I'd do better. Maybe tomorrow I'll try it BEFORE my daily work out. Thanks for the challenge.
  • fanta014
    fanta014 Posts: 56
    Options
    Yay, I did better than yesterday, haha. 1:20 today :smile:
  • NinaDawn79
    Options
    My first time was a fluke, I haven't lasted more than 41 seconds since. :laugh:

I also learned the hard way today to NOT plank directly after eating. My flatbread and almond butter nearly came back up on me, oy. :sick:
  • NinaDawn79
    Options
    Oh, and thanks to our highly motivating friend JEANNIE, I attempted side planks and OH MY!!! I've worked my way up to 10 seconds a side (won't post my initial times, lol!!!)
  • belldandy1
    belldandy1 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Just saw this thread. I tried just now. I did it for just under a minute (shaking all the way)!. This is a great challenge. I will try to make it over a minute tomorrow.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I love a challenge...2:10 I will keep working on it... I just cannot believe someone holding it for 7 mins :noway: You are just going to have to send a video to prove it. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:flowerforyou:
  • junkgypsy
    junkgypsy Posts: 217
    Options
    I love a challenge...2:10 I will keep working on it... I just cannot believe someone holding it for 7 mins :noway: You are just going to have to send a video to prove it. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:flowerforyou:

I agree! Haha. I just tried this and lasted a whopping 30 seconds.
  • Wishful
    Wishful Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Yea! I doubled my time to 30 seconds.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Oh, and thanks to our highly motivating friend JEANNIE, I attempted side planks and OH MY!!! I've worked my way up to 10 seconds a side (won't post my initial times, lol!!!)

Hey, I can only do 5-10 seconds on each side.......but we are doing them!!!!!!!!

WOOT!!

Thanks so much for this challenge. I will report later how long I stayed up!!:glasses:
  • maurierose
    maurierose Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Yea! I doubled my time to 30 seconds.

Woohoo, way to go, Wishful! What are you at today? I'm going to go do my planks.... and then I'll be back later to post. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can....!!!!! :bigsmile:
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    2:31 today!!! My husband was wondering what in the world I was doing...:laugh: :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Too tired and sick today to do any exericse.........but I shall plank no matter what:laugh:
  • Wishful
    Wishful Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I'm here. I had to skip yesterday and maybe today. I slept wrong and I've had a crick in my neck...moving like a robot.:frown: I was still at 30 seconds.