you know what I hate? -crazy lady rant-

Options
avafrisbee
avafrisbee Posts: 234 Member
I hate it when someone starts lecturing me about what foods humans are SUPPOSED to eat. I'm SUPPOSED to eat an apple but not cake. I'm supposed to eat nuts and berries my body is not meant to digest a piece of garlic bread. Those second items pack a huge energy punch without much nutrients but they don't make me sick. Maybe they don't have a purpose but I like them. Sex without the intent to bring a child into the world is also purposeless unless pleasure is considered and how many humans do that?

I'm not on the cake, pizza and garlic bread diet but those things do appear in my diary in moderation. I am very supportive of people's eating habits that I personally wouldn't take on so leave mine alone unless I either:

a) ask your advice, opinion or experience

or

b) you see 150ml draino appear under "snacks"

Thank you, that is all...

Replies

• sandown12
    sandown12 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    This is why my diary is blocked open to mfp friends only I've even had some say don't eat crisps (chips) I eat 1 small packet a day that's my only 'junk'

This is a life plan if we can't have cake pizza etc we will return to old habits

As the saying goes

Everything in moderation

I lose weight eating the odd cake , crisps etc I ignore the comments if they aren't welcome ignore them I think people are just trying to be helpful but I bet they won't last long if they don't eat interesting foods x
  • iceqieen
    iceqieen Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I agree :)

Humans are omnivorous, and our bodies adapt to our diets quite efficiently. We have our own cleaning system, and as long as we don't over do it on anything it will keep functioning.

Everything in moderation ;)

edit to clarify: I dont mind comments that scold me for eating extra candy, I just opose to lectures on the subject.
  • mummma
    mummma Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    agreed
  • roodledoodle
    roodledoodle Posts: 183
    Options
    Agree with everybody else on this. Everything in moderation, if you don't have something of what you enjoy then life becomes miserable!
  • sandown12
    Options
    Also if we don't have a little of what we fancy we sometimes over eat it then it's a cycle of yoyo
    Ignore them x
  • Angelabec
    Angelabec Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I think you people have the wrong friends, there is all sorts of 'bad' stuff in my diary, plus far too much alcohol, but I never get any negative comments.
  • avafrisbee
    Options
    My diary is also open only to friends. This particular lecture came from a woman that is trying to get me to go on the 'next biggest thing diet' with her. I'm noticeably losing weight and gaining tone and I think she really just wants validation for her decision to do this specific diet. I am doing what's working for me and something so restrictive would not work for me. I'd cheat probably every day.

I don't mind people trying to be helpful. I am not talking about the friends that say "I see you've had pizza 3 times this week, is there something going on in your life that you want to talk about?" But when people really get into it with me it just makes me angry. This particular post stemmed from someone telling me (to paraphrase) I am going to get cancer, and die young because I had a bowl of rice and beans and that I DESERVE to be tired all the time because of all the crap I eat. I wasn't even talking about my diet at this point I was talking about how tired I was because my baby is teething and going through a growth spurt and isn't sleeping so well.

It was just a rant because this lady got me really stressed out and I just wanted to rant. In all fairness, she's starting a new diet and I think she's just looking for validation for this diet. She wants me to go on it with her and I have no desire. It's so restrictive and it's not something I could stick with. I prefer MFP and good old fashioned calorie counting. I try to eat clean, I often fail but at least I know I stuck within my calories and I try again tomorrow. I'm in a plateau now but I have steadily lost since mid-feb. Not too bad. I have gained lots of tone that I never thought I'd see again after having a baby and I am happy enough with my progress to stick with it.

*the lady is not on MFP even though I told her this is where I go for support and how I have learned about portion sizes and I credit this site with my success. After all I learned about 30DS and bodyrock.tv here. I just came here to rant because my husband is at work. I did ask her directly to stop hounding me about the diet but she's not the type to take no for an answer.
  • m60kaf
    m60kaf Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I dont touch pizza or cake anymore

Maybe they are actually being quite supportive - you just dont want to hear what they say

Keep them as friends because maybe one day you will be in a mood to listen and if YOU choose to that MIGHT be good for you - you never know

Else you can just ignore them
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Agreed!
  • premiumchilenita
    premiumchilenita Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    put it on private if you don't want anyone to comment
  • avafrisbee
    Options

Maybe they are actually being quite supportive - you just dont want to hear what they say

Keep them as friends because maybe one day you will be in a mood to listen and if YOU choose to that MIGHT be good for you - you never know

I know I didn't mention this in the original post but being supportive and telling me I will die of cancer for eating processed foods are two different things, IMO
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Just take them off your friends list or ignore their comments. I don't think the occasional slice of pizza or cake will totally screw you over as long as you're eating well.
  • jennor8or
    jennor8or Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    i eat rice krispy treats EVERY day :D If i dont have something to satisfy my sweet tooth then I'll be eating a bag of candy instead :p ... i enjoy pizza, i enjoy pasta, i enjoy garlic bread, ice cream, cookies, etc- so long as they fit into my calorie count--- do i eat those things every day?? no no of course not- but when i go to a super bowl party I dont pack a piece of grilled chicken and steamed broccoli- i INDULGE! you know why?? because I bust my *kitten* to work out and eat good- I take care of myself- my blood sugar is great, my blood pressure is great, my body fat percentage is down, im losing inches, and i want to be able to do this forever- not just til i reach my "goal", so if I eat perfect every flippin day then eventually I'll get burned out...so i say indulge! and i say be happy! and i say enjoy your life! eat healthy so you live long, work out so u live long, and eat the things you love when you want them :)
  • katejenkins1
    katejenkins1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I agree with most everyone - moderation.
    I been told I'm gonna die of cancer from the processed foods. I just laugh, life has a 100% mortality rate and ya just never know.....
  • sandown12
    Options

I know I didn't mention this in the original post but being supportive and telling me I will die of cancer for eating processed foods are two different things, IMO

I disagree 100% Op doesnt have to be told by anyone she shouldnt eat what he wants,you choose to give up cake and pizza then you are doing what works for you she chooses to live her life by eating things she enjoys eating them in moderation.
    Lecturing someone what they should and shouldnt do is bullying no support especially saying she'll get cancer which is horrendously insensitive to all cancer suffers and theyre familys,the fittest healthiest non junk eating people get cancer.
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    So far I haven't experienced this myself. Sorry you are experiencing a lecture.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    You need new MFP friends.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I think you people have the wrong friends, there is all sorts of 'bad' stuff in my diary, plus far too much alcohol, but I never get any negative comments.

*Far too much alcohol* I didn't realize that was possible! I agree on the wrong friends on your list though. I have had encouragement and questions, but never criticism for what is in my diary. You can make it private you know.
  • jcoolclem
    jcoolclem Posts: 2
    Options
    sounds like you have some Paleo friends!!
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Everything in moderation, including moderation.