susieq101178 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    OH PLEASE! There had to be at least one...:-P

There always is . . . :tongue:
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    You need new MFP friends.

So true...mine applaud and celebrate with me the fact that I can fit a large glass of chocolate milk or some cookies into nearly every day whilst still hitting all my nutritional goals.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I keep my diary private and I got unfriended because of it :D

Can't I be a supportive friend without you seeing my shrimp quesadilla?

No? Oh well. I dish this priceless comedy out for free. Your loss.
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    Everything in moderation ;)

edit to clarify: I dont mind comments that scold me for eating extra candy, I just opose to lectures on the subject.

Agreed. Life is going to be *LIFE* and not a predictable, strict rule book every day, followed to the letter. You gotta learn to eat and live at the same time. AND not obsess about how you might die from the oodles of things out there that'll kill you.

I usually find that the folks on the boards who are telling people so vehemently NOT to EVER eat certain things are the ones who are on super-restrictive diets, want to lose 30 lbs. in a month, and will be gone from here long before the rest of us. Just MHO.
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I agree, if my life removed all good things (wine, pizza, pasta, baked goods) I might be super skinny and fit but I would be MISERABLE...and most likely single and alone as my BF wouldn't be able to stand me! I keep my diary private, but I know that I have lost 35 pounds with out removing these tastey items so I know what works for me.
  • TeresaWash
    TeresaWash Posts: 283
    Options

b) you see 150ml draino appear under "snacks"

just about spewd coffee on my computer. LOL! :laugh:
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    At the end of the day, it is YOUR body and YOUR deficit. You control what you eat and your weight loss.

For me personally, I try to look at all things each day, my calories/fat/protein/carbs/sugar/salt. I am well aware if I eat pizza and it fits into my daily plan. If I go over, you know what? Life goes on. I do better the next day. One day wont set me back a life time. I am on this journey for the long haul, I don't expect to drop 20lbs over night.

Just tell her thank you for thinking of you but you're going to stick with what's working!
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    I dont touch pizza or cake anymore

Maybe they are actually being quite supportive - you just dont want to hear what they say

Keep them as friends because maybe one day you will be in a mood to listen and if YOU choose to that MIGHT be good for you - you never know

Else you can just ignore them

I know I didn't mention this in the original post but being supportive and telling me I will die of cancer for eating processed foods are two different things, IMO

Unfortunately is quite right. Processed foods are mostly compromised of sugar and useless carbs that our bodies DON'T need

We all get rogue cells and those cells feed on the sugar and cancer then grows and spreads.

Our bodies were not intended to eat the crap that humans put into it.

Think what you please. I have returned to eating the way I was raised and there was NO junk food in my house. We were allowed HOME MADE from SCRATCH treats for our birthday, halloween and christmas where my mom made small amounts of home made goodies.

I had never had a store bought cake, cookie, until I went into the army. I had never had store bought meat, eggs, vegetables, fruit or milk either.

My mom gardened, froze, canned, etc.

I have went back to that way of life and there is no turning back.
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    Do extreme diets (i.e. low carb, cabbage soup, paleo, no sugar, etc.) make you live longer or does it just feel longer? :laugh: :laugh:

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I think they make you live forever. OH WAIT. It just FEELS like forever.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options

There always is . . . :tongue:

Maybe you all aren't worried about your future and future health. I AM. I am taking classes, doing research and arming myself with a wealth of information.
    The wasting syndrome, cachexia, is the body producing sugar from proteins (you heard it right, not from carbohydrates or fats, but from proteins) in a process called glycogenesis. This sugar feeds the cancer. The body finally dies of starvation, trying to feed the cancer.

Now, knowing that one's cancer needs sugar, does it make sense to feed it sugar? Does it make sense to have a high carbohydrate diet?

The reason Food Therapies for cancer even exist today (beyond the fact that they work) is because someone once saw the connection between sugar and cancer. There are many food therapies, but not a single one allows many foods high in carbohydrates and not a single one allows sugars, BECAUSE SUGAR FEEDS CANCER.

Why doesn't your physician tell you this? Hard to tell. Maybe your doctor feels it is his job to cure your cancer, not yours. Maybe because your doctor learned about Warburg, but never put the rest together, never placed nutrition into the equation. Maybe because your physician didn't study nutrition. Heck, as late as 1978, the AMA's official position (found in the Congressional Record) was that nutrition had nothing to do with disease.

However, those who've paid attention to this sugar craving cancer stuff have come up with some remarkable therapies for cancer. Laetrile is just one. Hydrazine Sulfate, which stops the process of glycogenesis in greater than 50% of all patients with cachexia is another.

A while back (2004), at the University of Minnesota, they were experimenting with a chemotherapy delivered in a "smartbomb." Here's the scoop: the drug is wrapped in a coating that stays intact as it travels through the body, that is until it reaches a location of no oxygen. When it reaches this "no oxygen" location, the coating falls apart releasing the chemotherapy to destroy the cancer, because the only place in your body where there is no oxygen is the cancer site.

The results of this study have been buried. Nothing exists on it. There are, however, lots of articles on cancer smart bombs, but the UofMN research just cannot be found. Searching for a few key words, we've found only our article (republished at quite a few sites) mentioning this study.

Then there are the food therapies: aimed at starving cancer. Knowing what cancer loves, the cancer patient avoids them. Cancers likes cooked foods over raw (cooking destroys enzymes and heat sensitive vitamins), so check out our article on the cancer diet. And, do not forget, cancer loves sugar. If you dislike your cancer, then don't feed it.
  • susieq101178
    susieq101178 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I'm with you, OP. No one has made any negative comments on my diary . . . yet. But I know it would probably irk me too if they did.

I do the best I can with the time and budget (both financial and caloric) I have, but I have a love affair with food. I will not sacrifice the enjoyment of it. I manage to stay within my calories, macros, etc. and still have the things I really like on occasion. For example, tonight I worked out my diary to include PIZZA!! I'm super excited, because I haven't had pizza in weeks. And Friday is my husband's birthday, so I worked out my diary to include a slice of German chocolate cake and some movie popcorn. As long as I can fit it in to my "budget", I'm having it. Anyone who thinks that's wrong can kiss my big toe. :bigsmile:

I feel like MFP is a tool people can use to find what works for them and make friends with others facing similar challenges - not to be targeted for unsolicited preaching. :flowerforyou:

Except sodium - I just started tracking that one. It's learning process.
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    b) you see 150ml draino appear under "snacks"

[/quote]

But I love Draino! It's My favorite Snack :laugh:

I agree. Unless you ask for someone's opinion then it is no body's business but your own what you eat anyways.
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options

So true...mine applaud and celebrate with me the fact that I can fit a large glass of chocolate milk or some cookies into nearly every day whilst still hitting all my nutritional goals.

This is true. It did make me quite proud when you were able to have 550 calories worth of chocolate and STILL hit all your macros! It's quite impressive, really.
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    *the lady is not on MFP even though I told her this is where I go for support and how I have learned about portion sizes and I credit this site with my success.

ya'll are telling her she needs new MFP friends.. the lady she is complaining about, isn't on MFP

i do not know if they are real life friends or another thread ( assuming real life)
    --

OP: i would just stop talking about food choices with her - not really much else can be done .. you each will have your own opinions and for me, i am an adult , i do not need to be lectured on how , what or when to eat
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options

This is true. It did make me quite proud when you were able to have 550 calories worth of chocolate and STILL hit all your macros! It's quite impressive, really.

:drinker:
  • MonicaT1972
    MonicaT1972 Posts: 512
    Options
    My question is, why even let it bother you???

People are always going to think what they want to and do what they want to anyhow. Just ignore the info you don't need and take with you the info you do!
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    your picking the wrong friends if anyone is lecturing you. i eat what i want when ever i want (in my OWN idea of moderation). screw the other people, im proving them wrong by the way my pants wont even stay up.

i ate 3 mini cupcakes last night and didnt feel bad about it at all. awwwyeahh.
  • Back2Basic
    Back2Basic Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Here's the thing for me. If I "diet" by depriving myself, I lose very little, or gain it back quickly. I want to be thinner, but I don't want to spend the rest of my life craving pizza while eating celery sticks. Eating a snack every once in awhile is what keeps me from binge eating. Hey, remember Jared the subway guy? Guess who ate a bag of chips everyday?
    Feel free to add me!
    Anyway, you are entitled to eat what you want, and as long as you are happy with your results, that's fine with me. I just lost pound #5 on day 14. That's a huge deal for me. Not the 5 pounds..the day 14! I could have lost 5lbs in a week by eating salad all day every day. But I went out to celebrate my birthday, and again to see an old friend. AND I stuck to it this time for 2 weeks.
  • mandie0378
    mandie0378 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I did Weight Watchers late 2010, early 2011 and lost 42lbs. I worked with this VERY annoying woman who was a lifetime member. I can't tell you how many times she would carry on about how I couldn't eat this and eat that. She even went so far as to carry on in a working lunch meeting with all the members of management. I tried to be polite but she had pushed my buttons one to many times.

"Keep eatin' dat and you'll never get skinny." She said from across the table.

"You know, I hear unsolicited advice can cause nose bleeds" I said before taking a healthy bite of a delicious BLT.

Made my boss and his boss nearly spit their food out.

I think she finally got the point after that.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I've had people on here make comments like that to me. I just chock it up to them feeling self-righteous and cranky because I had some cheesecake this week and they didn't.

All kidding aside, it's obnoxious and annoying not to mention incredibly rude. Good post OP.