Alternative to chips?

Options

Replies

• Dencrossgirl
    Dencrossgirl Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Pop chips are the best, cheecha's (I think thats what they are called) are good too, an air popped treat. I buy those in health food stores, (Canada)
  • angelaspring
    Options
    Trader joes has veggie chips that are VERY tasty... $1.99 per bag and then i put the correct serving sizes in baggies so they are easy to grab and go
  • lordsangel
    lordsangel Posts: 167
    Options
    I like the baked white cheddar cheetos or sunchips but I'll grab some almonds or a fruit cup or a piece of fruit or yogurt. I dont like eating the same thing everyday so I try to mx it up
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    apple slices dipped in peanut butter.
  • AmyM713
    AmyM713 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I have seen many recipes for kale chips, I am going to try them myself once I can get some where to buy kale.
  • lilcupcake213
    lilcupcake213 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    peppridge farm baked cracker chips are AMAZING ...they come in sour cream and onion, cheddar, or potato...you get 26 for 130 calories i think ..they satisfy your craving for chips but arent full of fat and calories ...deff. check them out =)
  • ericborchert
    ericborchert Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have been using prepacked Baby Carrots of late, which are around 25 calories per bag. On occasion I have eaten the Natural White Cheddar Cheetos which is 150 calories per serving, BUT you get 32 pieces, which is almost triple the amount of regular chips.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Special K cheddar crisps. They are 110 calories for 27 chips. They are tasty too.
  • valerie521
    valerie521 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Kale chips... There are some awesome recipes on line (you just have too look around)

They are amazing and sooooo good for you !! You can make easy
  • MrsT9217
    MrsT9217 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Totally agree on the Special K Cracker Chips --- SOOO good!!
  • Kristy_Elizabeth
    Options
    I really like apple slices or celery with humus for crunchy snacks. Kettle chips are not super heavy in calories either.
  • laughingnome
    laughingnome Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I like pop chips and popcorn chips [they are new] taste like popcorn and come in different flavors.
  • ginaquinn2
    ginaquinn2 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Some people may say ewww, that's ok :) Anyway I have dehydrated mushrooms and zuccini and added a dash of garlic salt to them. I've gotten pre -teens to eat them so they can't be all bad. :laugh: :tongue:
  • dbickel5
    dbickel5 Posts: 13
    Options
    Baby Carrots and if you need to mask the taste a dab of ranch on the side!
  • rezacey
    rezacey Posts: 4
    Options
    Homemade zucchini chips!!!

Slice zucchini extremely thin (about thickness of a quarter). Spray pan with nonstick spray such as Smart Balance Omega. Lay out zucchini slices, sprinkle with a SMALL amount of salt and another quick spray of oil. Bake at 225 for about 1.5 hours. DELICIOUS.
  • debloves2ride
    debloves2ride Posts: 386
    Options
    I buy different kinds of crackers - wheat thins sun dried tomatoe crackers are yummy! They satisfy my salt and crunchy wants...
  • NiniBikini
    NiniBikini Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Homemade kale chips. Baked, drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled w/sea salt. Yum.
    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Baked-Kale-Chips/
  • Perisylpha
    Perisylpha Posts: 139
    Options
    Deep fried potato products are really best avoided. there are lots of nice crunchy healthier snacks you can have instead.:smile:
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I slice sweet potatos real real thin and put them in the dehydrator...make chewy chips that will really fill you up
  • leatitiaa
    leatitiaa Posts: 17
    Options
    Slice a potato in wedges, and boil in water with salt, until soft. Drain the potatoes. Cover them in a little oil Then broil the wedges. They'll be crisp and have a nice color. Add spices of your preference. Buon appetite!