Kids?

Options

Replies

• Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    If I were younger I wanted kids. Always told myself once I hit 40 I do not even want to imagine having kids now. I do not want to be in my 60's with a kid in HS or even college. In my 60s I want to think about retirement.

So no kids for me and I am ok with that - wasn't meant to happen when I wanted it to.

Edit: I have my two furbabies who are the love of my life and I would not trade them for anything, and they are already trained!
  • _HeyMommy_
    _HeyMommy_ Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    <
    BOY (6) GIRL (4) and we are most def finished.. lol
  • Klem4
    Klem4 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I have two boys. Ages 4.5 (5 in july) and 2. I think we are done. :) I feel content.
  • Typhanee83
    Typhanee83 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I have 3 year old twins. One boy, one girl. I kept my options open for more, but I could quite possibly be done having children. Being pregnant was awesome though, but I think I would have enjoyed it a sinch better if I didn't have double of everything jam packed in my uterus. Having 8 extremeties flailing around inside of you can get a bit uncomfortable. And let's not even talk about their birth. Owie.
  • SnTsMum
    SnTsMum Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I have two children with a 21 month age gap :), they are lovely, but I think I am definitely done.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    At a young age, I decided I would pass on having children. Later on, I found out we have a degenerative nervous system disorder in the family (Huntington's Disease), then I was really glad I didn't have any kids. As it turns out, I was lucky and beat the 50-50 odds and haven't been inflicted, like my younger sister was. There's a slight possibility I may get it, but pretty unlikely as I have passed the most common age of affliction.
  • CocoAndButter
    Options
    I have 3! One daughter and a set of identical twin boys. I would love to have as many as I can afford and God blesses me with.
  • appleshells
    appleshells Posts: 165
    Options
    Hmmm, I think my husband and I have the most here!

There are 6 total. 15, 13, 12 (from my first marriage), 8, 7 (from his first marriage) and a 4 yr old together. And we are DONEEEE!!!!! LOL 3 boys, 3 girls.

And you should all feel sorry for me.....I only have one bathroom!
  • mommy7
    mommy7 Posts: 153
    Options
    I read through this hoping someone would have as many as me, but I have all of you beat!

14 Boy
    12 Girl
    10 Boy
    7 Boy
    5 Girl
    My daughter passed after birth and would be 4 here in 27 days :(
    2 Girl
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I have 7 year old twin boys. I do want more. Not sure how many more... but it would be nice to have kids with someone who isn't a P.O.S.
  • DianatheRed
    DianatheRed Posts: 41
    Options
    I have 3: 7-girl, 6-girl, 2-boy...I would have liked to have another, but the hubby had his end taken care of, so no more for us!
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    None, and happy about it!

Ditto.
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I have 3 daughters, 8,6 and almost 3. We would love to have at least one more but not sure if it will happen:( I really really want it to happen though!
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I have a 13 yr old daughter named Catey that is absolutely wonderful. I have a 10 yr old son named TC that is amazing. I had my baby carriage removed and my play ground left behind when I was 23 yrs old. I am 33 years old now and would give anything to have another one... BUT in a lot of ways I am SO thankful I can't! I LOVE babies and children. But once you get out of the diapers and bottles and all of that, you kind of like the fact that you can sleep through the night and late in the morning on weekends. You kinda get used to the fact that you can eat a full meal without wiping someone's butt. You kinda enjoy the fact that you can arrive at work without spit up on your shoulder. LOL Don't let this discourage you. I wouldn't take any of that back for all the gold in China. In fact, I would go back a million times to do it over and over again with the two I have. When they are that small, everything is so rushed... so compact you find yourself living in the moment and not enjoying the broad picture... sometimes not able to enjoy it. I am thankful that I have grow with my children and know now how to step back and take it all in. Some people never learn that.

Ramble Ramble... :) Good luck to you and your future babies!!

Glad to see that someone is a PROUD MAMA, and not complaining about the messes kids make, or how expensive kids are...Maybe those people who are complaining should have thought before having kids!!

For those that don't have any or want any...There's nothing wrong with that, kids aren't for everyone. I have some amazing friends to have 5 furbabies and don't want any kids. Again nothing wrong with that...

I agree! While I can get frustrated at times I rarely b**** about them. Maybe vent to my husband on a bad day. I guess I have known way too many that have lost babies, children and unborn babies that I never take it for granted.

I am no baby pusher, if its not your dream to have children, don't do it! It always was my dream and I love it!
  • Immaskinnycow
    Immaskinnycow Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have 5 beautiful daughters! They are 23 and married, 20 in college, 10, 9, and 8. I am done having babies. Have taken measure to ensure there will be no more and happy about it. :happy: I spent three straight summers pregnant and hot. Pregnancy is wonderful, but the heat was awful. We have three dogs a female husky and pugs one female and one male. We're waiting on puppies. :blushing:
  • cds2001
    cds2001 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    No kids for me. 32 was always my cut-off age for that and now I'm 36. Plus I have to be around kids with my job. So now I definitely don't want kids.
  • megamom3kck
    megamom3kck Posts: 115
    Options
    2 - both girls - ages 11 and 15

My house is a constant hormonal rollercoaster.

But I love them to death. :)

edit:

Meant to add I am done - no more for me :)
  • ampa916
    ampa916 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I have one boy, I wanted 2 but now I am not sure I want anymore at all. I love my son dearly, but I really don't like kids!
  • Chubbyhulagirl
    Chubbyhulagirl Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Three beautiful children. One boy and two girls. Most likely done having biological kids but never got tied. When we purchase a larger home and my girls are a bit older I do want to begin foster parenting. I live in Hawaii and the foster system here is so jacked up and the foster parents are such horrible people. Its crazy. My sons school is always sending advertisements asking if anyone is interested in becoming foster parents. So sad.
  • AmyM713
    AmyM713 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    3 boys ages 8,5, and 1. I believe we are done since my husband has made an appointment next month.