What are small thighs?

Options

Replies

• Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    Mine are about 18, they are thin which is why I'm trying to gain and thicken them up with some sexy muscle.
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    my mid thigh/ maybe slightly above :huh: ( i thought it was biggest part ? )

is 22 inches .. maybe my niece was right ( she said my legs are nice/ not flabby)

my stomach is a whole nother issue :laugh:
  • sobriquet84
    sobriquet84 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    That photo appears to depict someone with an eating disorder. Which would be against the rules of our website.

You aren't trying to do that, RIGHT?

Eating disorders don't have a certain look. I have an eating disorder, but my BMI is still in the healthy range, and I certainly don't look like it.

Besides, a lot of people with eating disorders start out being overweight/obese, and you wouldn't say that they look like people with eating disorders.

It's only when you upload pictures glamorizing things like emaciation that you get in trouble.

that picture DOES depict emaciation, and she said its her goal, ergo....
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    That person in the picture looks anorexic. I would not want to be that thin.

I don't see where she asked for your opinion. @OP i think 18 inches is small/petite. But it really depend on height and body structure.

lol she did ask for opinions, this poster just gave a different one. go eat, calm down
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    That photo appears to depict someone with an eating disorder. Which would be against the rules of our website.

I just chose a picture that motivates me, that's not against the rules right?
    You cannot diagnose an eating disorder based on someone's appearance so I don't see how the photo could be against the rules.
    True. Who knows if the kid in the pic has an ED, but she does look malnourished. Is that better? :flowerforyou:
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Mine are 21, I wouldn't want them less than 20. Body composition is more important.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    so much FAIL on one thread
  • lisaslim1976
    lisaslim1976 Posts: 145
    Options
    If you want legs like a small child with no femininity then like your profile pic...... however im 5'7" and have 21" thighs and everyone says they would love to have my legs...depends on height aswell i think!
  • skinnyl0l
    skinnyl0l Posts: 63
    Options
    And suddenly this thread was all about my picture...
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Between the pic, your username and your comments...
  • skinnyl0l
    skinnyl0l Posts: 63
    Options
    If you want legs like a small child with no femininity then like your profile pic...... however im 5'7" and have 21" thighs and everyone says they would love to have my legs...depends on height aswell i think!

I'm only 5'2 which makes 20'' look bigger than if I was like 5'7'' ...
  • lisaslim1976
    lisaslim1976 Posts: 145
    Options

Sorry hun...but this pic makes me feel sad :-(
  • 2kidzlater
    2kidzlater Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    mine are about 22incehes and they are not small.
  • SummerFun2011
    SummerFun2011 Posts: 105
    Options
    That person in the picture looks anorexic. I would not want to be that thin.

I don't see where she asked for your opinion. @OP i think 18 inches is small/petite. But it really depend on height and body structure.

lol she did ask for opinions, this poster just gave a different one. go eat, calm down

Just ate thanks. Welcome to join me since you apparently need it for that attitude.
    OP sorry everyone is freaking out on you. If they were genuinely worries they wouldn't be so rude.
  • wendyjo3
    wendyjo3 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm really curious. If that's not you in your picture, then why do you have there there? Is that what you are striving for?

I agree. Sometimes I read posts and they worry me! MFP is about being healthy, not sickly.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    :noway:
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    Weird, I've always thought my thighs were huge, they are now 22 inches at the largest part... Looking it up online, that seems to be a reasonable size. Do I.... the girl who was late to walk because she literally tripped over her thighs... have reasonably sized thighs?!!?

Thanks to this thread for this realization!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Mine are 22" and I am short, so I think they could stand to be a tiny bit smaller, but mine are very muscular. It used to crack me up when I was playing high school sports my one coach always commented on my "well developed hamstrings."

One question, you stated that models are to have no larger than 18" thighs. Are you trying to be a model? Just curious about what the motivation is behind such a specific desire. Thanks!
  • Lovely_Doll
    Lovely_Doll Posts: 72
    Options
    I'm really curious. If that's not you in your picture, then why do you have there there? Is that what you are striving for?

I agree. Sometimes I read posts and they worry me! MFP is about being healthy, not sickly.

People, seriously, calm down. It's called an eating disorder. If it was as easy as just wanting to be healthy, there wouldn't be nearly as many people with eating disorders in the world.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options

Eating disorders don't have a certain look. I have an eating disorder, but my BMI is still in the healthy range, and I certainly don't look like it.

if eating disorders DON"T have a certain look, then how can you claim you don't look like it? That seems like a contradiction.

That photo displays an emaciated person. Glorifying that does violate our rules.