What are small thighs?

Options

Replies

• Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Stop worrying about size and just work on making them look like this..

DanaLinnBailey_16.jpg
  • kieva626
    kieva626 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I thought my thighs were big but I just measured and they are 21 inches, they still look pretty healthy to me though I would like to lose at least 2 inches on them
  • lmalaschak
    lmalaschak Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    the person in the picture looks anorexic...unless you like that knobby-knee 12 year old girl look

Hahahaha that's great. I actually did sort of look like that when I was 12, now that I think of it. :D
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    20300055.jpg
  • femmi1120
    femmi1120 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    the person in the picture looks anorexic...unless you like that knobby-knee 12 year old girl look

Hahahaha that's great. I actually did sort of look like that when I was 12, now that I think of it. :D

Feel free to stop the body-bashing any time now. I know this has been brought up before, but why is it ok to bash anorexics for being too thin but not binge eaters or over eaters for being too big? Give me a break.
  • skinnyl0l
    skinnyl0l Posts: 63
    Options
    I'd die for thighs your size. Mine are 28. I have always had large hips/thighs/butt. I don't really care what the final measurement comes to as long as I (eventually) look good.

How are your thighs in comparison to the rest of your body? That's what I'd be looking at.

My waist is 23,5'' - which makes my thighs look even bigger!
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    5'0'' over here and happy with my 20" thighs. And I can run like a BEAST! :)

BAM! WE ARE THE SAME (points to tacky colored Speedo)

I don't have a problem with my short 20" thighs either. They have carried me a lot of miles.
  • GasMasterFlash
    Options
    Feel free to stop the body-bashing any time now. I know this has been brought up before, but why is it ok to bash anorexics for being too thin but not binge eaters or over eaters for being too big? Give me a break.
    How often do you see folks here aspiring to be fat, like those gals aspiring to be twigs?
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Mine are 21" at the widest part. I wouldn't mind trimming them down between 20" and 18" though. I think it depends a bit on height too, I'm 5'7".
  • sobriquet84
    sobriquet84 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I'd die for thighs your size. Mine are 28. I have always had large hips/thighs/butt. I don't really care what the final measurement comes to as long as I (eventually) look good.

How are your thighs in comparison to the rest of your body? That's what I'd be looking at.

My waist is 23,5'' - which makes my thighs look even bigger!

Sweetheart, I was anorexic and bulimic when I was 18-21 years old. I can spot it a mile away. Please start considering getting some help.
  • femmi1120
    femmi1120 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    How often do you see folks here aspiring to be fat, like those gals aspiring to be twigs?

Oh, so is it ok to bash the overweight people who aren't on here trying to make a change? Is it ok to make fun of a compulsive eater just because they aren't ready to take care of themselves? Some anorexics are simply not ready to recover, and if they aren't ready, it's just not going to happen. Making fun of their bodies sure as hell won't speed up the process. If anything, it could trigger them even more. No, I'm not glorifying emaciated bodies or defending the desire to look that way. But I'm aolso not going to go out of my way to make someone with body issues feel even worse about themselves.

Also, you may want to google body dysmorphic disorder.

If people would just take the time to learn a little bit more about these things, maybe there wouldn't be so many horrible, ignorant comments directed toward girls with EDs on here.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I'm really curious. If that's not you in your picture, then why do you have there there? Is that what you are striving for?

I find the picture motivating, I've always wanted smaller thighs.

That picture is very unappealing. It's weak, frail, unhealthy. If you are looking to it for motivation you may have some body image issues.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    23.5 inch waist is tiny. Mine is 26.5 inches and I don't think there's anything I could do short of surgery to make it smaller. Sounds like you have a lovely figure, you just need to learn how to see it.
  • psmall
    psmall Posts: 2
    Options
    you guys are crazy - I'm getting off of Spark and joining this group - WE WANT MODEL THIGHS.
    I'm a past menopause pear who used to have a 22 inch waist with 38 inch hips. I'm now 27/38. Love that thickened waist. I can finally wear a straight line skirt and it almost fits. And my boobs got bigger. Still I miss the smooth abs. Win a little, lose a little. Skin - the next frontier.
  • GasMasterFlash
    Options
    Oh, so is it ok to bash the overweight people who aren't on here trying to make a change? Is it ok to make fun of a compulsive eater just because they aren't ready to take care of themselves? Some anorexics are simply not ready to recover, and if they aren't ready, it's just not going to happen. Making fun of their bodies sure as hell won't speed up the process. If anything, it could trigger them even more. No, I'm not glorifying emaciated bodies or defending the desire to look that way. But I'm aolso not going to go out of my way to make someone with body issues feel even worse about themselves.

If people would just take the time to learn a little bit more about these things, maybe there wouldn't be so many horrible, ignorant comments directed toward girls with EDs on here.
    Sweetheart, people are making jabs at the pic -- which is of an emaciated person. Folks are expressing concern about this gal's goals. Nobody is bashing anyone else.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

I'm not interested in bashing anyone. I'm also not interested in FEEDING INTO anyone's food issues.

That said: I haven't seen very many obese folks on here saying: I want to be fatter. Or binge eaters saying: I wonder if I could eat 4 thousand calories in my next meal. And, then I often see an age difference. Usually I check out when posters talk about other "girls" looking good. Or "other girls" tell me it's okay to be this thin.... these are kids. Not adults. And if this thread isn't a teen, then the next one to use it as "inspiration" probably will be.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    It's not about one particular measurement... the body fits together as a whole. Care more about the entire package, and if it's healthy. When you start dissecting yourself... it all goes downhill.
  • Lovely_Doll
    Lovely_Doll Posts: 72
    Options

Agreed. Too many people on this site are ignorant.
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Chicken thighs are pretty small. Grasshopper thighs even more so.
  • GasMasterFlash
    Options
    I'm not interested in bashing anyone. I'm also not interested in FEEDING INTO anyone's food issues.

That said: I haven't seen very many obese folks on here saying: I want to be fatter. Or binge eaters saying: I wonder if I could eat 4 thousand calories in my next meal. And, then I often see an age difference. Usually I check out when posters talk about other "girls" looking good. Or "other girls" tell me it's okay to be this thin.... these are kids. Not adults. And if this thread isn't a teen, then the next one to use it as "inspiration" probably will be.
    Very well said, er... written.