Would you move for love?

Options

Replies

• Fayve
    Fayve Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I just moved from BC Canada to Louisiana to be with my love less than a week ago. It's been the happiest 5 days of my life thus far :)
  • taxacctdfw
    taxacctdfw Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Move because you want to...not just for love. I did it and I didn't regret the first move. The second move is what I regret (when it ended, moved to Texas). Should have stayed because I fell in love with the city and the state...........
  • EileenMaxine
    Options
    I would say "Do it" too! You can always move back home if it does not work out. You will always wonder what could have been if you don't go for it. I moved for love and have been blissfully happy for 18 years and 3 kids later. Sometimes you have to follow your heart.

Good luck!
  • stillthesamegirl
    stillthesamegirl Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    SO crazy to see all these responses! I just moved from Canada to Charlotte NC for my love! It's hard and lonely but in the end sooo worth it! Good luck !!!
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you don't have anything to lose. Plus, you would know someone where you were relocating too.

I got a job in Cali right out of college, and my boyfriend packed up and moved with me from Oklahoma. Granted, we'd been together almost three years at that point in time, but he took it as an opportunity to get out and take a step in his life. Sometimes these things work our well.
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Do it :) You will always wonder " what if" if you don't!
  • TinaCleg_cancel
    Options
    North Carolina is so beautiful. You will love it there no matter what happens with this guy. Do it for you!
  • minussam
    minussam Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    my husband and I met in college in the US. After6 months I moved back to Germany. We did long distance for 2 years. Then he moved to Germany (he was done with college first), then we both moved to Canada. Right now he's already in US and I hope to move there soon.
    The long distance was hard, very very hard at times. We didn't have another choice and it was certainly worth it and I would do it again for him.
    What about moving there but finding your own job and place and dating the guy?
    The experience of living in a different place is priceless.
    Good luck!
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    YOLO!!! I moved from Texas to Michigan for love once.... it was wonderful and lasted a long time until my issues got in the way. I was 17 and he was 22.
  • grex1949
    grex1949 Posts: 130
    Options
    I say...GO FOR IT!!! Don't move in with him though. Find your own place first and go for the adventure! You are young, go live life! So it's scary for some people because there is a boy involved? I say...life is an adventure, go live it! The boy (guy) is just a bonus! :0) Best Wishes!:smile:
    Good advice, it seems to me. Don't move in with him. You are checking out NC, not the prospective boyfriend, at this point, anyway. Good luck!
  • AllisonMart
    AllisonMart Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Do it, but live separately at least at first. Now is the time, and if it doesn't work out, at least you tried. NC is lovely.

I have a similar story - we met in high school when I was 13 and he was 15. I think of him as my soulmate, but for many various reasons we've never gotten together. Now we're 31 and 33 and living in separate states and wondering why, after 18 years, we're not together.

Don't be 31 and wondering and trying to find someone else who equals him. Do it.
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I moved to him, he moved for me, we moved together. Happily ever after. The end.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I say find a job first. Look both where you live and where he lives. Whichever offers you a job first, go or stay there. Because if things don't work out for the boy, you still have to survive on your own.
  • cannonsky
    cannonsky Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I say go for it.. you'll regret having what if's more than learning from the experience on the off chance it goes badly.
  • zambodiare
    zambodiare Posts: 62
    Options
    I moved for love....I most certainly did. I had a long distance relationship, with my now husband, for a year. He would drive 6 hours to visit me every weekend. I moved to New York to be with him a year later. I say go for it!!

Another good story, my boss: she moved a thousand miles or so away from her home town to be with someone she had only known for a few weeks. They married two months later and have been together for over 30 years.
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    So the worst that could happen is you'd be a single, financially secure woman living in Charlotte, NC...easy one.

Take it from me, NC is great! I moved to Raleigh, NC 12 years ago (also considered Charlotte) and it's so much better than up north it's almost scary (I grew up in Buffalo, NY). Mild winters, a few hours to the beach, close to the mountains, and better economy.

I have a great group of friends here, belong to a run club with almost 400 members, and I'm having the time of my life.
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I think you already know what you're going to do, just let go and take the leap to something great
  • MarkMenconi
    Options
    Life is full of scary decisions, sometimes if you take a leap of faith you find something great you never saw before
  • kitkatkmt
    kitkatkmt Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Research cost of living, job market etc. Do not live with him. Date like normal people. All should be fine.

^ This!
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    absolutely.