What Motivated You to Start Losing Weight?

Options
1235»

Replies

• smileybooliz
    smileybooliz Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    My "BEFORE" picture at 242 lbs... I took that pic in January on vacation and it was a total reality check when I SAW myself in it!!!! I was SHOCKED and never noticed I had gained that much. Joined MFP January 7th of this year and have been on here ever since!!! My profile pic shows my BEFORE and DURING pic.

You look beautiful!! Congrats on the weight loss!!
  • snix1024
    snix1024 Posts: 81
    Options
    I just new it was time...and my son introducing me to MFP...
  • beautifulneah
    beautifulneah Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    having a mild heartattack & under 35 on meds. Im a mom of 4 and I want to be around to see my children finish school, get married & have wonderful lives. My heaviest was 346, I am currently 299 with my first goal of 250.
  • Quaftone
    Quaftone Posts: 1
    Options
    The sight of stretch marks was a huge wake-up call.
  • cannonsky
    cannonsky Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    My motivation was the off chance that I might gain some confidence and finally start to feel comfortable in my own skin
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    1. My periods were getting horrible (I am hypothyroid, so my doctor suggested that losing weight could help with my periods. Or it could be my thyroid, but getting back to the weight I was when I started seeing her would help....as my periods were normal for me then. I was about 20 pounds lighter then)
    2. One of my coworkers made a goal to be in her best shape ever before she turns 45, so she started couch 2 5k to support her friend who was doing a marathon for her 40th. I thought I should shoot for being in the best shape of my life before my 35th b-day. And I haven't made any serious weight loss attempts ever (this sounds like a future blog post topic).
    3. I was getting sick of missing out on getting the cute clothes from capsule collections at H&M and Target etc because they didn't come in size 18.
    4. I was getting sick of my limited lingerie choices (although I don't think it will get much easier when I lose).