Are you anger driven in your workouts?

Options

Replies

• gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    It really depends on how/who/what made me angry. If I'm upset with myself, probably won't wanna work out - but if the CSR I was talking to on the phone implied I was wrong/stupid etc I'll pound it out with something! Lately it's been Tool and I haven't listened to Tool/A Perfect Circle in YEARS. haha
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    You wanna know my secret? I'm always angry.
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Yes. I've been angry a lot lately due to the current situation at work and managements unwillingness to address it. I find that on days when that's weighing heavy on my mind, I push a lot harder during runs and feel it much more afterward.
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Anger wouldn't help me at all. I get very unfocused when I'm truly angry. I train best when I'm very calm...to each their own I guess. :happy:
  • BlackmetalCoffee79
    BlackmetalCoffee79 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Who finds inspiration to workout in anger? I was jogging with a friend a few weeks back and she had to stop and was in a crappy mood and I was saying "find a good song, think of something that pisses you off, and just go." and she said she wasn't "anger driven" which I found very weird. Maybe I'm just a lot angrier of a person than I thought, but I use it quite a lot, especially with any type of cardio, to tap into whatever energy I have and push myself. (I still have trouble doing it with lifting since it's more technical of exercise).

So does anyone else do this? Is it more of a guy thing?

All the time. I'm naturally always feeling the "me against the world" attitude, so working out to anger or to prove others wrong comes pretty natural to me. Have a nice day. :smile:
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options

Bruce Banner for President 2012!!!!!
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I like listening to "angry" music, but I'm just not an angry person in general, and I'm never angry when I workout. I workout to enjoy what I'm doing, and since I so rarely get angry, I can't find enjoyment, because mentally, I find anger a bit foreign to deal with. In fact, the occasions when I can legitimately say that I'm pissed off (and not just frustrated/tired/anxious) are so rare that I can actually count the times it's happened on one hand in the past two years. I usually start cleaning like a maniac instead, because I don't enjoy cleaning, and I can put that energy into something I don't like instead of ruining something I do, haha.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    The longest workout I ever did was anger/stress driven. The second longest was because I was watching the season finale of Stargate SG-1 on Netflix while I was there.

Angry workouts feel the best.
  • Shfiftyfive
    Shfiftyfive Posts: 261
    Options

Oh you!
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Bruce Banner for President 2012!!!!!
    (high five)
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, yes. Blinding rage, no. But a little hostility is a great thing in a workout, especially pushing heavy weights.
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    When I'm in a bad mood I seem to rock my workouts. No matter how hard my trainer pushes me, it's not thing to me. Luv the soreness afterwards, which usually comes two days later (delayed onset muscle soreness). :mad: :drinker:
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    When I am angry I do get a better workout. Also when I'm stressed out.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I'm more anger driven with cardio than I am with weights. I've got a lot of built up anger because I have a habit of suppressing things, so this works out well for me.
  • BBBBennyandtheJets
    Options
    Always, especially when I slow down or start to slow down. I'll pedal and just think of how much **** I've been through and how Im gonna make it and do it for myself and show everyone who ever made fun of me
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    If I'm already angry, it does me well to run. It ends up dissipating the anger, as well as turning into a better run. I end up pushing myself to run harder or longer.

Lifting while angry, not so good. I break form easier.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I've definitely gotten my best cardio workouts while angry.

Strength training? Not so much.
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I get really pissed off. I still see it as a form of punishment sometimes.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/downsizinghoss?month=201205

my best workouts have come from me calling myself a fat mother ****er while I crank the cardio LOL
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I get the most done when I am right and truly pissed. Whether its cleaning or getting my *kitten* in gear anger motivates me.
  • Alma_Sana
    Alma_Sana Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I love loud angry music while lifting :D

Me too!