Celery Diet

Options
Has anyone tried eating celery (all day long) with a small portion of chicken breast in the evening for maybe a week to lose weight quickly? Im seriously thinking of doing this! I love celery more than anything. Think it will work.. or too unhealthy? I would be taking vitamins as well.

Replies

• PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Seriously?
  • JeepBaja
    JeepBaja Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Can you really go a week of just eating celery and a little bit of chicken? I would get burned out with it. How about various vegetables instead of just celery?
  • hillaryreid33
    Options
    I would probably add in brocolli and sugar snap peas... maybe some carrots....its not like i would be eating it the same way everyday. Ive read different ways to prepare veggies that sound amazing.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    ?

Do you wonder what will happen after you start eating a normal amount of calories again?

This type of stuff is what yo-yos are made of.
  • JeepBaja
    JeepBaja Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    I don't think it would be all that unhealthy, but if you see the things I eat I would be the last person you would take advise from :)

Going with different veggies would be OK I'm sure.
  • hillaryreid33
    Options
    What Im hoping for is kind of a cleanse... so that I wont want to eat all those carbs or greasy foods after I finish.
  • SouthernSweetie74
    Options
    Well, if you do, let me know how it works!

personally, I can't stand celery and not sure I could muster eating it all day long every day... ick... but if you have some kind of miracle weight loss with it, I might be willing to try!

:)
  • hillaryreid33
    Options
    I don't think it would be all that unhealthy, but if you see the things I eat I would be the last person you would take advise from :)

Going with different veggies would be OK I'm sure.

Thanks!! ;)
  • LemonBurns
    LemonBurns Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I Hate Celery.
  • hillaryreid33
    Options
    Seriously?

Don't be rude. Im just asking for advice.
  • Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Wow, you really think this is a good idea? You're going to be fatigued from malnutrition and hold onto a lot of weight from not fueling your body. You have to eat balanced to lose weight, there is no magical diet. Especially a starvation one.
  • hillaryreid33
    Options
    I Hate Celery.

Mmm I love it.
  • doubglass
    doubglass Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    the reason this program works for us is because it allows us change our lifestyle and diets. More exercise, better food planning. The reason most "diets" only lead to a temporary loss is because they are not a permanent change and lead back to weight gain. Unless you plan on doing it the rest of your life, I wouldn't plan on the celery and chicken diet. It is unsustainable. Eat sensibly, change your habits and loose weight overtime.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    That isn't a diet; it's an eating disorder.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Eat celery all you want, its heathy and crunchy. But it isn't a magic bullet.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Celery is the slam especially with pb or cream cheese. I definitely couldn't eat it every day though, not for meals. As a side or as a snack, sure. Good luck!
  • hillaryreid33
    Options
    okay... lets change this to A strict "veggie diet with chicken" still too hard core?
  • hillaryreid33
    Options
    That isn't a diet; it's an eating disorder.

I can assure you that I dont have an eating disorder. Lol.
  • sullykat
    sullykat Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a really poor choice. You need some carbohydrates and fat for your cells to function properly. This would essentially be an eating disorder.

Please, reconsider doing this to yourself.

If you still think it is a good idea, I sincerely wish you luck with your goals, and hope that you achieve what you are hoping to.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    What Im hoping for is kind of a cleanse... so that I wont want to eat all those carbs or greasy foods after I finish.

If you are trying to reduce sugar cravings, google info on Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) for getting rid of candida (yeast in the gut) and accompanying sugar cravings.

Although it tastes pretty gross, if you take 3T like a shot (followed by a big glass of water--you will need it) 3x/day, in just a few days your cravings diminish.

There is also a lot of stuff on the internet about ACV helping with weight loss, but . . . I can't speak to that.