Celery Diet

Options

Replies

• ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    This is almost the worst idea I've ever heard.

My thoughts exactly.
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    wait for it.....wait for it....

1253885876_suicide.gif
  • RestartThisRight
    Options

1253885876_suicide.gif

This^^^
  • hillaryreid33
    Options
    I just feel like I need to be really strict in the beginning. Im not one to get tired of something if i can modify it a little each time i consume. I want to cut carbs and sugars out almost completely. I would be cooking with unsalted butter or extra virgin olive oil. And I would be taking multivitamins. If that is the start of an eating disorder then so be it. I cant exercise right now do to my knee injury and im not one for a half *kitten* work out. its all or nothing and if i put all in right now i would end up in the hospital. So i dont know. Im no where near small and Im 5'3 and my stupid little ticker thing says that im obese. And it will say im obese until I lose 50 pounds. Its ridiculous. I was 145 and i felt great but it still said over weight and now since i havent been able to walk since november ive gained 35 pounds so ... yes i will do anything right now that will give me a quick loss. I have kids to feed so I dont know if i will be able to not snack on the food i prepare for them but im gonna try this out to the best of my ability. Its all I can do right now. Go big or go home.. or in this case Go small or be fat .
  • hillaryreid33
    Options
    Omg I love celery too I would add in some fats though ... I eat ants on a log a lot it's awesome ! If you don't know what that is it's celery peanut butter and raisins... I also eat string cheese and Greek yogurt a lot it totally helps with the full feeling ... I think if you add in a few more things it should be fine ... like celery all day won't hurt you in the least =) but add in a little something else 2 ... =)

exactly!! Thank you. :)
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    Op, you may have invented I new crash diet. The "net zero diet" Being celery is a negative calorie food it will offset the few hundred calories of the chicken...I'm on the phone with Dr. Oz right now.
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    ?

Do you wonder what will happen after you start eating a normal amount of calories again?

Celery is made up of mostly water. "Yes It requires more energy to consume and digest than they add in calories, thus creating a calorie deficit; but you need nutrition and you can't get that just off of chicken and celery. Once you start eating other foods your body is going to hang on to it because you neglected to give it what it needs and you'll gain more weight back than you lost when you were depriving yourself. Don't do it! Good luck to you
  • hillaryreid33
    Options

1253885876_suicide.gif

I take it you don't like celery??
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    okay... lets change this to A strict "veggie diet with chicken" still too hard core?

For a week it probably won't do you too much harm - but why do this to yourself?
    Your body will function best with a balance of fruit, veggies, protein, fats, carbs - and you are cutting out a whole of that good stuff.

If you want to change your habits from "greasy stuff" (which is a good idea!) what about planning a week's worth of meals based around veggies and lean proteins (like chicken and salad one meal, stir fry veggies, brown rice and prawns another meal, steak and roast veggies another meal) with some avocado, hommus, greek yoghurt, fruit etc for snacks and some wholegrain carbs like oatmeal in there too.

Cutting calories and whole food groups isn't teaching you healthy habits for a lifetime - and if you don't learn those, then you are just wasting your time trying to "diet".
  • rcclcruiser
    rcclcruiser Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Celery has no nutritional value. Why not try veggies that have nutritional value?
  • WendyFitMomCHANGED
    WendyFitMomCHANGED Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Not sure that would be very healthy unless you can make sure you get at least 1200 calories a day. I'd recommend looking at another way to get rid of processed foods and sugar. I've read the 17 Day Diet book and follow that program. It's pretty basic eating plenty of veggies, lean meat, probiotics, low sugar fruits and then slowly bringing complex carbs back into your diet.

It's not a NO carb diet, it's low carb for just the 1st 17 days and then it helps you eat right and loose weight. It helped me get rid of my sweets craving, control my need for bread and pasta and got rid of soda from my diet.

Here's the website to the book if you're interested. It's on Amazon, Kindle and in book stores too.

http://www.the17daydiet.com/
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I just feel like I need to be really strict in the beginning. Im not one to get tired of something if i can modify it a little each time i consume. I want to cut carbs and sugars out almost completely. I would be cooking with unsalted butter or extra virgin olive oil. And I would be taking multivitamins. If that is the start of an eating disorder then so be it. I cant exercise right now do to my knee injury and im not one for a half *kitten* work out. its all or nothing and if i put all in right now i would end up in the hospital. So i dont know. Im no where near small and Im 5'3 and my stupid little ticker thing says that im obese. And it will say im obese until I lose 50 pounds. Its ridiculous. I was 145 and i felt great but it still said over weight and now since i havent been able to walk since november ive gained 35 pounds so ... yes i will do anything right now that will give me a quick loss. I have kids to feed so I dont know if i will be able to not snack on the food i prepare for them but im gonna try this out to the best of my ability. Its all I can do right now. Go big or go home.. or in this case Go small or be fat .

Ummm....what? Really? You WANT to have an eating disorder? You say exercise will put you in the hospital, but so will an eating disorder, except with a much worse condition.

You don't have to be so drastic about this. Do something actually sustainable and you WILL be successful. Crash diet and you will crash and burn.
  • RestartThisRight
    Options
    this is essentially starving yourself. It doesnt matter if you have a little chicken or peanut butter. its not a matter of getting tired of the diet. It's extremely dangerous!

And no. Trust me, you dont want an eating disorder. and it's really ignorant to even think that
  • Shajadea
    Shajadea Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I know lots of people that fast for a variety of reasons. There are all kinds of fasts some including just water, others juice and some even certain foods. To me this would like a form of a fast. If it's only for a week I don't think it would hurt your body- at least not long term. It is certainly a BAD long term eating plan but it sounds like you already know that and it wasn't the point of your question. If you choose to do it I would be curios as to your outcome! Good luck!
  • MisterTEZ
    MisterTEZ Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I tried the 'cabbage soup' diet once, it was the worst thing I have ever done on my weighloss journey.

A "quick fix" diet to lose weight quickly. It is not a solution to a healthy, long term eating plan.
    A balanced, healthy diet combined with exercise is still the most effective and safe long-term way to lose weight.
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options

I take it you don't like celery??

I just like actual nutritional dense foods that help fuel my body for whatever I put it through on a daily basis.
  • Dee_84
    Dee_84 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I also do the celery diet.

I eat everything but celery :laugh:
  • hillaryreid33
    Options
    I know lots of people that fast for a variety of reasons. There are all kinds of fasts some including just water, others juice and some even certain foods. To me this would like a form of a fast. If it's only for a week I don't think it would hurt your body- at least not long term. It is certainly a BAD long term eating plan but it sounds like you already know that and it wasn't the point of your question. If you choose to do it I would be curios as to your outcome! Good luck!

Definately not long term but maybe after the week i would carefully add back in certain things, like yogurts or low fat cheese, and definately some fruits. Ill let you know!! :)
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options

Christ this hurts my brain. I guess you were looking for someone to reassure you, and one person did. So, go ahead, cling to that reply and ignore the others. Go ahead and screw up your body more than it already is. Then come back crying about how you lost 10 lbs in 10 days then gained back 12.

This is a place for health and fitness. The type of diet you are describing has nothing in common with health and fitness.
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    That isn't a diet; it's an eating disorder.

Best quote ever!