Celery Diet

Options

Replies

• hillaryreid33
    Options
    Celery is the slam especially with pb or cream cheese. I definitely couldn't eat it every day though, not for meals. As a side or as a snack, sure. Good luck!

Never tried cream cheese! I have laughing cow cheese would that work??
  • babynew
    babynew Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    There Are Healthier Ways to cleanse /detox!
    Celery is a Natural Diuretic.
    IMO..You would be depleting Your body & become very weak.
    Do Some Research. Find a Balance.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    okay... lets change this to A strict "veggie diet with chicken" still too hard core?
    If you can meet healthy calorie/fat/protein/carb goals that way, sure.

But why limit yourself to veg and chicken?
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    okay... lets change this to A strict "veggie diet with chicken" still too hard core?

How about this - a modest calorie deficit, good macros (high protein. high carb, medium fat), and throw in some exercise. Welcome to the rest of your fit and healthy life.
  • ajohn252
    ajohn252 Posts: 158
    Options
    Don't do it!
  • fittorow
    fittorow Posts: 28
    Options
    So would this be like a raw food diet with chicken, then? If you're only going to eat veggies? Or maybe like a vegan diet? Or are you "only going to eat celery" - but with other stuff too, like peanut butter, and cheese?
    Just trying to gauge how many nutrients you'd get from this diet.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Magical food thinking? Cause macros are where it's at. Really.
  • Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options

Yes. You have limitations. If it were easy for you to lose weight, you wouldn't be looking for a quick fix, would you? You need to eat every food group. Nuts, legumes, fruits, vegetables, grains, and possibly dairy and meats if that's your thing. Celery and meat every day would bore you into binge eating. This website has plenty of great recipes for healthy meals that are are also amazingly tasty.
  • zaithyr
    zaithyr Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried eating celery (all day long) with a small portion of chicken breast in the evening for maybe a week to lose weight quickly? Im seriously thinking of doing this! I love celery more than anything. Think it will work.. or too unhealthy? I would be taking vitamins as well.

I wouldn't do it. You wouldn't be taking in nearly enough calories for your body to function and you would end up gaining back any weight you lost when you went off the diet. Try eating vegetarian instead maybe (at least then you can get more calories and more rounded nutrition). Vitamins are a good idea but your body needs enough food as fuel too :)
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I don't like celery and I don't like chicken, so no, I've never tried this.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options

Wouldn't that make it more effective? You'd probably eat less of each......
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I Hate Celery.

this.
    tumblr_m2wsdubbmD1qditd8o1_1280.jpg
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options

:smooched:
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    This is almost the worst idea I've ever heard.

Eat normal, nutritious foods. Eat enough. MFP gives you a personalized goal, meet it.
  • aniwani
    aniwani Posts: 110
    Options
    Omg I love celery too I would add in some fats though ... I eat ants on a log a lot it's awesome ! If you don't know what that is it's celery peanut butter and raisins... I also eat string cheese and Greek yogurt a lot it totally helps with the full feeling ... I think if you add in a few more things it should be fine ... like celery all day won't hurt you in the least =) but add in a little something else 2 ... =)
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    I think it's a bad idea.
  • RestartThisRight
    Options
    My friend only ate celery for a week or so for wrestling season and he passed out many times. not safe!!
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options

Very good point. I'll start tomorrow. Just make sure I get the hot fire department if I pass out.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Celery is the slam especially with pb or cream cheese. I definitely couldn't eat it every day though, not for meals. As a side or as a snack, sure. Good luck!

Never tried cream cheese! I have laughing cow cheese would that work??

I'm sure it would be delicious, go for it! :D I've never tried that brand, but I know tons of people who absolutely live by it. (I will be trying it eventually, just to see what all the fuss it about. lol)
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    I'm going to go along with my day hoping you're just kidding and not actually planning to starve yourself.