Hubby's weight = my weight :(

Options
124»

Replies

• Marig0ld
    Marig0ld Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Wow, you gals are with some skinny dudes! :bigsmile: I kid.

I outweighed my ex by a good 60 pounds! We were the same height too, so it was super embarrassing. Never did lose any weight while I was with him.

My fiance now has at least 120 pounds on me. He's a big guy and I increased that deficit by a lot after losing 50! I love being with a guy who can lift me :happy: . But even if he was smaller, I wouldn't care. A number on the scale does NOT tell the whole story by any means.
  • GrnEydGrl86
    GrnEydGrl86 Posts: 154
    Options
    This is exactly why I started on my weight loss journey! My boyfriend and I weighed the same!! I refused to tell him..but I'm sure he had a clue. I'm now ten pounds less :smile: Keep up the hard work and it will pay off.
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    So it finally happened...my husband who is two-three inches taller than me weighs the same as me. He had always been between 10 to 20 lbs heavier than me but not anymore. I don't know what I'm going to do if he weighs less than me. I swore that I would never let that happen. I just started losing weight (again) but I keep starting strong and then quitting and going right back to where I started...he has been on a steady decline...it's so simple for him...just don't eat. PFFT! Stress eating is my thing and there's been more than enough stress going around.

Anyone else struggle with a significant other that weighs the same or less than you?

I had this same issue when I first started to lose weight. I am still about 20 lbs. heavier than my hubby, but that is much better than it was. Don't get frustrated, most men lose weight quicker and easier than women. You'll catch up! Just keep going!! Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • monroe61
    monroe61 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    When I gave birth to our second child I was at my heaviest EVER 253lbs my husband's highest weight was 275 he dropped 20lbs no problem and then we hovered within 2lbs of the same weight...we both started this journey together, however he dropped down to 200lbs in about 5 months or so. I only lost 30lbs...then gained some back...then lost some....etc. Anywho I'm at 224lbs right now and he is now at 191lbs...that makes me sick.

So yes I feel you and my goal is 173 and he is starting to gain muscle so he will be putting on some weight I'm hoping to weigh about 20-25lbs less than him someday :)

Good luck to you WE got this!!!
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    I'd have a heart attack if that happened, bc my husband is almost a foot taller than I am.
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    If I never dated people that weighed less than me, I'd have absolutely no love life. Why let something that no one can see but you put a damper on what should be a celebrated thing for him?

Do you not want your husband to be successful in getting fit?

Who does it really matter to? If it's just you, well... In your post alone, you identify what behaviors keep you from this promise to yourself, so being conscious of that should ya know, help you change it.

I also don't get how with the bajillion times it's been published that women have more difficulty losing than men and have higher body fat %, this still comes up as a problem or a shock...
  • RilantheFirebug
    RilantheFirebug Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    It's just something you have to learn to live with.... My husband is around 5'7 and around 140, so he's pretty thin. He's very self conscious about it, so it goes both ways. He's always been thinner than me and he probably always will be, even when I'm at my goal weight, as he is just that type that eats whatever he wants and gains nothing. Whereas I'm 5'9 and would probably be too thin for my tastes at his 140. Yes, it can be hard. Yes, you can feel like everyone is looking at the two of you when you are out together (I know I have), but really just try to concentrate on the two of you and block everyone else out.
  • MrsBully4
    MrsBully4 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Haha yep, the day I saw my weight the same as my husband's it broke my heart. He's over 6 feet and I'm 5'4". That's what really kicked off my weight loss.
  • Serenstar75
    Serenstar75 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and 204. My man is 5'8" and like 185. I've battled weight, but he's the thinnest guy I've dated since I was a teen. It's depressing, but he knows i'm working hard and the effort matters to him. I get so frustrated, but ot
    her than keep trying....what can I do?