Is it better to drink from a glass or a bottle?

Options

Replies

• muppetsbear
    muppetsbear Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Water...who drinks water? Wait I do.
  • leelee330
    leelee330 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Glass for sure if you can; plastic is toxic - and drinking from bottles and/or straws (I just read) gives you lip wrinkles! because you have to purse your lips (is purse the right word?? you know what I mean)....get a BRITA Max - they are the best alternative to bottled water (I think anyway!!).
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    I take it in the can.
    Oh wait.......what

IMO, cans leave a funny after taste

wait... you drink it AFTER taking it in the can?!? if so, could explain the funny taste....
  • kitkatkmt
    kitkatkmt Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Neither. Drink from the source. There were no plastic or glass water bottles 10,000 years ago!!

So how do you drink your water, then?
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    If you're not using the bladder of a unicorn, soaked for 48 hours in the tears of a leprechaun, and stretched to dry over the back of a mastodon, you're doing it wrong.

Just saying.

Some of us are just starting out. So while it may be easy for you to go out to the pasture every morning and slaughter a unicorn and be all high and mighty about it, just remember that some of us still like to play with the unicorns and ride them around, spreading glitter on the hilltops. I was just asking a simple question of how to drink my water after this.
  • ladyfox1979
    ladyfox1979 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I always prefer my liquids straight from the source

I would totally take this comment so outta context.:devil:

I prefer the bottle
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    i dont care if its bottle or glass as long as i have a straw with it
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    i drink from a glass bottle i got from faucetface
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I take it in the can.
    Oh wait.......what

IMO, cans leave a funny after taste

wait... you drink it AFTER taking it in the can?!? if so, could explain the funny taste....

I didn't know enemas were recycleable :noway: :sick:
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Bottle. I'm not afraid of plastic!
  • tayteetots
    tayteetots Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I know that I'm weird, but I simply won't drink more than a couple sips out of a glass...but give me a bottle of water and I'll drink 6-8 a day. Buying bottled water was getting too expensive though, so I got a Brita pitcher and I just refill my Dasani water bottle (which is the size/shape bottle I prefer).

If you're just refilling a dasani water bottle from a vending machine type bottle you should consider getting a glass/stainless steel water bottle. Those single serving bottles aren't meant to be reused and will leak more chemicals into your water.
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I always prefer my liquids straight from the source

I would totally take this comment so outta context.:devil:

I prefer the bottle

That comment has a mind of its own, and would love to be taken out
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    I know that I'm weird, but I simply won't drink more than a couple sips out of a glass...but give me a bottle of water and I'll drink 6-8 a day. Buying bottled water was getting too expensive though, so I got a Brita pitcher and I just refill my Dasani water bottle (which is the size/shape bottle I prefer).

If you're just refilling a dasani water bottle from a vending machine type bottle you should consider getting a glass/stainless steel water bottle. Those single serving bottles aren't meant to be reused and will leak more chemicals into your water.

But the chemicals are preservatives and if I take enough I will be immortal!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    i drink from a glass bottle i got from faucetface

hey no need for name-calling
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options

But the chemicals are preservatives and if I take enough I will be immortal!

LMAO!!!!
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    I worry about the dihydrogen monoxide in there.
  • abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options

OMG I know! That crap is *everywhere*. Scary....
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    If you're not using the bladder of a unicorn, soaked for 48 hours in the tears of a leprechaun, and stretched to dry over the back of a mastodon, you're doing it wrong.

Just saying.

I think I just peed myself a little

Your welcome.

Now make sure you conserve that pee so you can drink it. Gotta be green and recycle, right?
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I prefer my stainless steel bottle. Partially because I'm clumsy and tend to spill things. But also because I just really really like it. I have searched a long time for the perfect bottle, and I finally found it. It's stainless steel (not aluminum), with an easy-to-open flip top (rather than a stupid screw-on top), the mouth is wide enough for ice cubes, and it's half liter instead of a whole liter, AND it's purple with flowers on it.

Curious - does the stainless steel bottle sweat as much as the aluminum ones do?

I think I drink more from a bottle, but there's nothing better than a large, ice filled cup of water!
    I haven't noticed it sweating at all, now that I think about it. I haven't taken it out on a hot day (because we haven't had any hot days since I bought it) so I can't say for sure.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options

OMG I know! That crap is *everywhere*. Scary....
    That stuff is dangerous, I've gotten severe burns from it.