Friend Failure

Options
124»

Replies

• annahiven
    annahiven Posts: 185
    Options
    Well, the situation and history is complicated, and I don't want to bore you guys with all the ins and outs. In the end, it comes down to him claiming he didn't see the message, and me not believing him.

I do want to say thank you to all of you for telling me to move on. I know that is what I have to do.

Thanks all for responding!! :)
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    sorry but if you're willing to drop someone you call a friend simply because they didnt jump to respond to a TEXT message then you're probably not that good of a friend yourself. people have their own lives and get busy. it sounds like you've placed lots of conditions on this relationship which, IMO, means it's not a true friendship
  • brian1229
    brian1229 Posts: 28
    Options
    sorry but if you're willing to drop someone you call a friend simply because they didnt jump to respond to a TEXT message then you're probably not that good of a friend yourself. people have their own lives and get busy. it sounds like you've placed lots of conditions on this relationship which, IMO, means it's not a true friendship

Seriously! I forgot to respond to the ultrasound picture my best friend sent me. DS was crying and it was just a hellish, busy day and I plum forgot. I can't imagine a TRUE friend ENDING a friendship over not replying to a freaking text, no matter how important it is.
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Congrats girl...men can be stupid...men can just not care...men can be a little jelly sometimes.
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    Stop placing expectations on others and relish in your own achievements. Go get the tattoo!

I believe this also. Expecting others to fulfill your emotional expectations is only going to lead to disappointment. You made the goal for yourself and you acheived it yourself. Now go and get your tattoo and post pics!!! And good job btw :flowerforyou:
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I think he might be afraid that if you are slimmed down that other man will be attracted to u as well and maybe he is jealous. Also, maybe he might think that you wont need him anymore

Or that is too much of a woman's perspective. He might just not think it is such a big deal.
    "lost weight. good". Might be the end of it, I think women are much more likely to overthink these things!
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    Why do you need his validation of your success.

Be proud of yourself. You don't need him to validate that for you.