GUYS DO YOU PREFER GIRLY-GIRL FEMALES OR A BIT BOYISH?

Options
My mom & I have always been debating this for life. She constantly criticizes my thing for sports, boxing & even lifting heavy weights that she always calls "boyish" stuff & that no man would ever take me seriously. I'm 100% straight (I'm very much in love with a guy right now) but I admit that I hate the notebook, grey's anatomy, glee. cheesy telenovelas while enjoying watching UEFA, Formula 1, WWE, etc.. I'm more comfortable in a tees & jeans combo than a skirt & blouse combo. In short, I hate those girly stuff which my mother & sister are so much into. Not to mention that I'm more comfortable to be around with guys than with women who sometimes I even feel intimidated to be with.

She always tells me to be more feminine otherwise I will only be treated as "one of the boys" to which I don't really believe since I have had a share of ex-bfs in the past but now I'm thinking twice that maybe that's also the reason why I'm just an ex-gf & although I do have a boyfriend right now but I'm afraid that he would leave me if he finds someone who is more feminine than me. I'm not totally boyish to the point that I'm involved in fist fights but its just that I enjoy guy stuf more than the girly ones.

So guys what do you think? Do you prefer someone who is very girly or a bit boyish?

Replies

• giselle9938
    giselle9938 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    lol same happen to me, I love simple comfort clothes, I don't dress like a boy, I wear make up and I love accessories but wearing a dress or super high heels is a torture for me. ha
  • Maurice1966
    Maurice1966 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    bonita principessa, guys are going to love someone who is comfortable to be who they are. Anyone who wants to change that at worth the effort. Imagine you be what you're mum syas you should and you meet a nice boy who loves this side of you. You will be hiding what you want out of life and live in torment and denial.

Be exactly who you want to be. Nothin more, nothing less.

I'll get off my soap box now. :-)
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    lol same happen to me, I love simple comfort clothes, I don't dress like a boy, I wear make up and I love accessories but wearing a dress or super high heels is a torture for me. ha

Super high heels kills my feet
  • kprangernix07
    kprangernix07 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Girrrlll I am so in the same boat. I love my heels and makeup, but my idea of a dream date is firing my AR-15 and eating beef jerkey or going to a hockey game. Never change who you are because you think it will make men like you more. In the end you are only cheating yourself by not being true to who you are. I have always been a little insecure about it as well. My mom used to tell me she wished I was more girly, and couldnt understand why I wore baseball caps and wanted to play paintball in my cammies instead of go get a manicure. But I've found the man of my dreams, and he loves me just the way I am! I am in a very male oriented career field, and it made it hard to date often times, but in the end you will be happy that you didnt change yourself for some stupid social perception of what a "woman" should be. F*** it! you're beautiful! Be who you are!
  • Micksgurl
    Micksgurl Posts: 84
    Options
    I hope this question is open for girls not just guys???? I personally like boyish girls!! :love: :blushing:
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    bonita principessa, guys are going to love someone who is comfortable to be who they are. Anyone who wants to change that at worth the effort. Imagine you be what you're mum syas you should and you meet a nice boy who loves this side of you. You will be hiding what you want out of life and live in torment and denial.

Be exactly who you want to be. Nothin more, nothing less.

I'll get off my soap box now. :-)

I agree! I have an engineering degree and IT degree. I have always been one of the guys IRL. LOL. You seem younger so you will find someone that loves and tells you how beautiful and sexy you are everyday! And he will love that you don't need to wear heals to feel hot :)
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Heh, I'm the same way. Take me to a soccer game in my jeans and t-shirt and I'm yours! :laugh:
  • LemonBurns
    LemonBurns Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I am the opposite - I am so girly.... I am a Medical Aesthetician, have a spa in my house, love to play with make-up and wear cute dresses and SHOES SHOES SHOES!!! - I used to have more guy friends than girl friends, but that has changed...
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I love a woman who can easily pull off both.
    Options
    I hope this question is open for girls not just guys???? I personally like boyish girls!! :love: :blushing:

Yeah its open for girls too, I just used a generic term.
  • vade43113
    vade43113 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    From a guys, who never been on a date and only have friends that are girls, point of view... I prefer them to be themselves, I don't care. Boyish, Girly... a mix.... or far to wild for the animal kingdom. As long as they act like themselves, and don't try to hide that, I can learn to like them
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I think men love a girl who knows how to have fun and that is confident. A girl that takes care of herself and looks good while doing so.

You should be able to be multifaceted.... Pull off a dress and heels/flats when needed and also be down with getting dirty and putting on some jeans and boots when the time calls! I think anyone that is too far leaning to either extreme to be missing out. :happy:
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    girly girls :love:
    well most times i can remember
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I like boyish things, but I also love to wear dresses , makeup, accessories. Of course I'm not one of those that dresses up all the time either, if I know I'm going to play a sport I'm going to dress accordingly, but if I'm going out somewhere nice I dress feminine . I like having the best of both worlds :) I know some guys that like tom boys but ultimately they usually do want to feel like "the man"
  • Melanie_RS
    Melanie_RS Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Most guys like girls who smell nice and wear the less make-up the better. The rest is up for grabs...I personally admire girls who are always pulling off the "completely put together" look (clothes, heels, matching handbag, lipstick) but some guys are totally turned off by high maintenance aspect. All depends on who YOU want to attract. ;) so, you dress down to earth? you'll attract down to earth. You dress in heels all the time, you'll attract a guy that spends a lot of time in the mirror as well. I'm just sayin'.....
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I'm both and I like both. I'll wear boots and shoot guns and get dirty workin on my car....but I also LoVE heels and skirts and victory rolls and lace stockings...

I hate chick flicks
    I love MMa fighting (and do martial arts)
    I hate soap operas and romance novels
    I love philosophy and psychology
    I love soccer and Rockclimbing
    And internal platform heels
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone. That's what my boyfriend also told me & in fact loves that I can relate to some of his stuff except that we're eyeing different teams & when our teams clashed against each other then sorry, hehe. Admittedly when it comes to workouts, were very opposite. He's more into running w/o strength training while I'm into heavy weight lifting (sounds odd). Well I still have some bit of girly thing on me (I wear light make-up at work, loves skinny jeans & sometimes dress up on special occassions) but the boyish in me is more predominant.
  • joeysims
    joeysims Posts: 12
    Options
    I have always been one of the boys and it kinda sucked in high school because I hung out with all the boys and did the fun stuff but none of them seemed to notice I was a girl. (Hurt my feelings when I had a crush!) But honestly after that weird high school life phase (which is magnified I think in a small town because people are more judgemental I am pretty sure most of my town thought was a lesbian the whole time I was growing up!) I found that everywhere I went guys always liked me because we always had stuff in common guns, cars, boxing, weightlifting, motorcycles etc. And I LOVE being me so changing was never an option.

Of course my mom was never a girly girl and I have 3 brothers so I didn't have to fight with my family about either.

My Mom did say something to me in high that I thought was very perceptive she said "Men will only spend time with a girl for one of two reasons, either she's fun or she puts out." :)

So I'm interested to see men's answers to your blog but thats my two cents!
    (PS I've been seeing one of my high school car buddies and high school crushes for over 4 years now I don't think he likes girly girls) :)
  • genuinelyfrans
    Options
    From a guys, who never been on a date and only have friends that are girls, point of view... I prefer them to be themselves, I don't care. Boyish, Girly... a mix.... or far to wild for the animal kingdom. As long as they act like themselves, and don't try to hide that, I can learn to like them

I agree, I have never been on a date and all the girls I know are my friends but if a girl is true to who she is, that's all that would matter to me :)
  • ovrsped
    ovrsped Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm not so sure it's being boyish that I like. But an atheletic girl is awesome.