GUYS DO YOU PREFER GIRLY-GIRL FEMALES OR A BIT BOYISH?

Options

Replies

• TwinkieDong
    TwinkieDong Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Girrrlll I am so in the same boat. I love my heels and makeup, but my idea of a dream date is firing my AR-15 and eating beef jerkey or going to a hockey game. Never change who you are because you think it will make men like you more. In the end you are only cheating yourself by not being true to who you are. I have always been a little insecure about it as well. My mom used to tell me she wished I was more girly, and couldnt understand why I wore baseball caps and wanted to play paintball in my cammies instead of go get a manicure. But I've found the man of my dreams, and he loves me just the way I am! I am in a very male oriented career field, and it made it hard to date often times, but in the end you will be happy that you didnt change yourself for some stupid social perception of what a "woman" should be. F*** it! you're beautiful! Be who you are!

well hello there! lol
  • TwinkieDong
    TwinkieDong Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    this is all personal. Though 99% of the guys I know love a woman that can clean up well, wear high heels, etc. Though we enjoy and admire women that like guy things!!!
  • MasterBroshi
    MasterBroshi Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    There has to be a balance, for me. She can like video games, kung fu movies, picking things up and putting them down, but is capable of being an elegant female if need be.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I think your mom is a b.... nevermind.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I can't even decide what I want for dinner and now I am supposed to decide what type of female body type and personality I prefer? Oh lawd.

Can I phone a friend?
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I would think that many people have a mixture of both. We all have our own personalities and interests and like to explore and try new things. I'm not girly in the stereotypical sense, but I am very feminine.

It's the same with men. There are all different types of men. All different, but manly. There isn't just one way to be feminine or masculine.

And I like both. I have female friends that are very feminine, and we have fun. I also really enjoy being around women that have a masculine/dominant quality. That will lead when we dance together.

I think confidence with oneself is what is most attractive.
  • amandzor
    amandzor Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I prefer the ladies who can pull off stunning stilettos one night, and a Seahawks jersey the next.

You are who you are. Personality and confidence are far sexier than what you're wearing and what you like to do in your down time.
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I can't even decide what I want for dinner and now I am supposed to decide what type of female body type and personality I prefer? Oh lawd.

Can I phone a friend?
    :laugh: Made me giggle.
  • DeadliftAddict
    DeadliftAddict Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I love a woman who can easily pull off both.

This.
  • sunman00
    sunman00 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    boyish all day, can't bear giggly girls
  • BringingSherriBack
    Options
    I've wondered this myself a lot. I tend to be kind of a tomboy. I think I have been friend zoned by many guys for being too tomboyish and coming off strong. I mean I like to dress in jeans and t-shirts (actually that's what I have to wear in my current job), but I also like wearing nicer more feminine clothes and doing my hair and makeup. I don't wear alot of jewerly but do keep my toe nails painted and wear toe rings that never come off. I have an ankle tat that is totally feminine (butterflys and flowers). I wear makeup pretty much everyday. I drive a pickup truck but that is just what I like to drive. I have had cars in the past but prefer either a truck or an SUV.
    But I also enjoy alot of outdoor activities and have no problems doing such chores as mowing and weedeating, stacking wood, etc. I was raised on a farm and growing up girl or boy you helped stack wood, pickup hay, work in the garden, etc. I also enjoy shooting guns but never had the desire to hunt. I enjoy motorcycle riding but want to ride with my man not have my own bike. I do enjoy fishing and riding four wheelers as well.
    I have been told that I am not soft enough. I mean I try to let a man be a man, but if he isn't going to do something and it's something I can do or know how to do then I'll do it myself (lifting and carrying things, mowing, etc.).
    I don't work on cars (other than maybe add air to the tires or change the wiper blades or add fluid) and I don't do remodeling projects. I will hang a blind and probably could manage to change a faucet but reflooring and redoing walls, installing doors, etc is best left to a man. lol
    Part of my problem may just be that I was single until I was in my late 20s and lived on my own so I learned to do things for myself. Then after my divorce, I once again started doing everything for myself. I mean that's pretty much just what you do when you are single. You either do it or you figure out a way to have someone else do it. I'm not made of money so I mow my own lawn, detail my own vehicle, etc. I will pay for remodeling projects or have my dad or brother-in-law do them if they are available, but if I can do it then I do.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    every guy likes exactly the same type of woman.

ok seriously.

You are who you are. Love that person. If you connect with a man who loves that person too, you are golden. To try and be anyone else, for the sake of getting a guy, will be doing yourself and him an injustice. You will be misleading him if you do that, and that is fair to no one.

If he doesn't love you for you, then he's not the right one for you. Wait to find the guy who appreciates you as you are, and you'll BOTH be exceedingly happy.
    :flowerforyou:
  • BringingSherriBack
    Options

Can I phone a friend?

lol I feel this way when asked what type of guy I like. I've had at least one guy tell me that he had been told he wasn't my type. I was like and how do they know what my type is because I'm not even totally sure. :huh:
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    There has to be a balance, for me. She can like video games, kung fu movies, picking things up and putting them down, but is capable of being an elegant female if need be.

Hi :love:
  • gelendestrasse
    Options
    Unless she's got her own adventure motorcycle or sailboat I'm not interested. I want a friend who can keep up with me, not some high maintenance trophy.

Of course if you want to go to a special dinner and dress for it by all means, I'll wear a suit and a tie too. But that's the exception....

I'd be as tomboyish as you all care to be. You've got my respect.
  • errollmaclean
    errollmaclean Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    OP, you're not going to get one straight answer on this.

Like women, all men have different preferences. If you like one type of guy, that does not mean another woman will like the same type just because you share a gender. Different strokes for different folks!

Personally, I think both girly-girls and tomboys can be extremely sexy. If you're confident in who you are, that should be all that matters. Don't let someone else's opinion of you determine your self worth.

What she said!!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I'm sure this has been said (I haven't read the replies) but don't change who you are just to attract, or keep a male. You find someone who likes you the way you are, you don't change to find someone.

I drink beer, played ruby, mountain bike, lift heavy, go camping, fishing, etc. I rarely wear makeup, do my hair, or wear heels. My husband always dated very "girly-girls" in the past and found my interests more of a match to his.
  • cmpnaz
    cmpnaz Posts: 190
    Options
    All I have to say is

Gina Carano
    Danica Patrick
    Rhonda Rousey
    Tiffany Lakosky

are all big thumbs up for me ...

But Balance combined with good self esteem and a passion to live and try almost anything are what I like
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options

Can I phone a friend?

lol I feel this way when asked what type of guy I like. I've had at least one guy tell me that he had been told he wasn't my type. I was like and how do they know what my type is because I'm not even totally sure. :huh:

I never thought I had a type, until I met the guy I am with. I've never been with anyone like him... and everything about him makes him my type. I cannot imagine myself being with anyone else.
  • lady6starlight
    lady6starlight Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I never met a guy who cared either way, as long as she's nice.