what are your crazy little quirks

Options
leomom72
leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
i was in the shower this morning, and i normally dont think about much, but today, i actually thought to myself "i never step on the drain" as long as i can remember, i have avoided stepping on shower drains..i cant explain why. it seems creepy to me, maybe. what are the things you do for unexplainable reasons?

Replies

• the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    When I sit down at a restaurant, I never put my back to the door.

JM
  • leomom72
    Options
    When I sit down at a restaurant, I never put my back to the door.

JM
    maybe you were an outlaw in your past life :wink:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,679 Member
    Options
    Even when I'm not working, when I get to the gym, I rearrange the weighted plates correctly BEFORE I even workout. Then I arrange them again before I leave because there are still some dumbasses who can't figure out how to re rack correctly.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I count stairs when I walk up and down them.

When I'm at a restaurant I fidget when I order. I never realized this until my husband pointed it out to me. I'm working on that one!

I hum when I eat.

And apparently when I sniff things I sniff like a dog.:grumble:
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    I can't be in the bathroom with the toilet lid open. Never know WHAT kind of horrible, undead monster might spring out of an open toilet but they are unable to raise the lid from inside.
    LOL I don't know what it's about (also a gross thing, I think - tho I keep my toilet sparkling) but I CANNOT be alone in a bathroom with the lid up. creeps me out.
    I can't sleep with flies in the house/room. if there is ONE fly in my apt, it has to be released into the wild or killed before I go to bed
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it's a quirk, but I don't like eating while watching any kind of animals or action type shows on tv. Especially if eating meat.

Also love to brush my teeth! A lot! ha
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    Quirks... I have a few.
    1: whenever I enter a room, I instantly know where every exit is and I make a plan to get to them if needed.
    2: I am overly organised. At any given moment, I can tell you exactly where everything I own is. Obviously this does not take into account my wifes obsession of rearranging the house every three months.
    3: My same obsession also has me creating spreadsheets and databases to track foor, weight, and menus.
    I cannot wear headphones that covers my right ear. If I have headphones, I put the right earpeice above or behind my ear.
    if I am talking on the phone, it is on my left side.

Thats all for now.
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Whenever I turn on my hair straightener or curling iron, I smell it to make sure it's ready.. Burnt my lip a couple times doing it, but it's just something I always do!
  • LindsayHein
    LindsayHein Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    When I pull up to a traffic light I decide what lane to get in based on the number of cars. If i'm in the right lane with 3 cars and the left only has 2, I will switch to the left lane to make them even. (Safely and not in heavy traffic of course.)

When walking through double doors with someone, I will split the pole. Meaning...I will walk on one side of the pole while the other person walks on the other side of the pole so it's even.

I like symmetry if you can't tell. :)
  • adavis59
    adavis59 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    My spice cabinet- my spices need to be in a certain order ( those that I use frequently in the front and those I don't use often towards the back). I get flustered when others in the house cook and mix up the spices. I'm not a certified OCD, but it's my only little quirk, I don't know why.
  • leomom72
    Options
    digitalbill..thats hilarious about the spreadsheets..i do something kinda similar. i have notebooks for everyday of every month since i started my weight loss, as well as one for all the things i can eat @ restaurants that are decently filled calories and sodium...these are all great so far:drinker: :laugh:
  • Spence_
    Spence_ Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hmm.. I absolutely loathe the flashing cursor thing which highlights where you are in a Microsoft Word document; or this little box! I have to type really fast to outrun it... or move it way down the screen if I'm reading something back.

It's taunting me now.
  • leomom72
    Options
    My spice cabinet- my spices need to be in a certain order ( those that I use frequently in the front and those I don't use often towards the back). I get flustered when others in the house cook and mix up the spices. I'm not a certified OCD, but it's my only little quirk, I don't know why.
    i do that with food..things that are most likely to be eaten first go in front, and everything else accordingly
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    If i reach for a piece of fruit or something like that- I have to take the first one I touched- I cant make all of them think they have a chance- its rude to grab one and insult it by putting it back. First one I grab is the one I have to eat.
  • lindseym1983
    lindseym1983 Posts: 209
    Options
    I have always smelled my cups before using them. If it smells like it's been in the cabinet for awhile I wash it out before using it. I guess when I take a drink I inhale at the same time so I can't stand if the glass has an odor to it. :)
  • Pollart77
    Pollart77 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    1. I always have to get out of bed on the same side. If I wake up on the other side of the bed I will crawl over to get out.
    2. If a black cat crosses in front of my path I do a pretend spit where they crossed
    3. When I set my clocks they are at least 12 minutes fast and I have to always set them on an odd number

Weird stuff we do!
  • Lifting_chick
    Lifting_chick Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Light switches...I like them all to be pointing on way. And yes those darn 3 way switches drive me crazy lol
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I smell every dish before I use it...I don't know why!
    When I go shopping I never take the item that is first, I move it take the one behind it and put it back!
  • jclist1
    jclist1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Way too much to post....(my wife thinks I am full blown OCD and I am pretty sure she is right)

For example:
    All labels have to be facing the same direction, so if I buy a 24 pack of bottled water, I have to ensure all labels are facing forwards before they go in the fridge.
    The remote controls are in line from tallest to shortest
    I ALWAYS have to walk on the left of people I am with. I cannot walk on the right of someone I am with...my body just doesn't let me.
  • RoboLikes
    RoboLikes Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    When I sleep, I always have to be facing the direction of the nearest bathroom.