what are your crazy little quirks

Options

Replies

• Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    When I'm crossing the road and a car is on its way. I start counting as soon as I step out of it's path so that I can see how many seconds away from getting hit I was.

I like to walk around the living room eating a cheese sandwich with one hand and pretending I'm fighting ninjas with the other.

For some reason I can't seem to remember to close kitchen cabinets. But then my wife tells me that this is just all guys.
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I can hardly stand to touch anything that has been washed in a dishwasher and I absolutely cannot stand to touch cotton wool. Ick.

I agree on the wool! EW! I also can't touch velvet. It gives me chills.
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    I HAVE to sit with my back to a wall in public so that I can see the whole room and not be open to attack.

I can't stand writing on skin. Not even a phone number in a hand. I just feel gross.

I have to wash my body in a specific order.
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    I smell every bit of clothing. whether I am about to wash them, take them out of a tumble dryer, taking them out of drawers, or putting them in, every individual one I will smell lol

Even undies?
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    For some reason I can't seem to remember to close kitchen cabinets. But then my wife tells me that this is just all guys.

Nope, I'm a guy and can't stand open cabinet doors. Same with closets. I Guess that's another quirk!

JM
  • ItsMandeeBitch
    ItsMandeeBitch Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • _Christine_
    _Christine_ Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    I find it best to not tell people about my quirks; keeps them on my friends list longer. ;)
  • MystiqueASAP
    MystiqueASAP Posts: 747
    Options
    Not touching public/work doorknobs, restroom stall locks, and faucets without a paper towel.

Using my foot to flush any toilet other than mine.

Spices (single blend) has to be arranged in alphabetical order according to size and cap color.

Twirl my hair on the left side.

The top three are part of my OCD. :smile:
  • Snubbleup
    Snubbleup Posts: 66
    Options
    Also, when I eat things, I like to pick them apart. For instance, when eating a Snickers, I eat all the chocolate off the sides, then off the top, then I eat the caramel and nuts, then I eat the nougat. People think I'm nuts when they see me doing that. :smile:

I pick apart my food, too - especially pizza. The pepperoni comes off, then the cheese is cooled off, so the cheese is next. The bare crust is last. :blushing:
  • CountryBoy65
    CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    When I sit down at a restaurant, I never put my back to the door.

JM

This. Always!
  • CountryBoy65
    CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
    Options

No, not true. My wife never closes cabinet doors or the pantry doors. IT DRIVES ME INSANE.
  • AlmstHvn
    AlmstHvn Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I am a tidge OCD, but I use my powers for evil.
    If I'm walking by a wall of pictures/framed things, I have to tip one or two so they're crooked. I know it's gonna drive SOMEone crazy.
    If I'm at my Moms, I always move at least one thing before I leave. She's VERY OCD and has to have everything in just the right spot, so I like to "help" by giving her something to do after I leave. ;)
    I dated a guy who had to have all his videos/books/tapes aiming the same direction. I'd flip at least one or two over just to be irritating. Turned out this made him scream and get Hulk-like angry, so I'm glad to have escaped that one in time.

Normally I'm a rather giving and caring friend, but too much orderliness just makes me wanna mess things up. I think it's a reaction to growing up with my Mom! :D
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    I separate colored candies like skittles or m&M's by color before eating them. I also eat the smallest chips first and save the big, whole and interesting folded ones for last. I hate things on, over, or around my ears. It makes me insanely picky about earbuds.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    This is a fun thread to read. I remembered some more... :smile:

I have to evenly distribute the items in my pockets so the weight and mass is approximately the same on each side. It drives me nuts if one side is heavier than the other.

If I miss a tiny patch while shaving in the morning I will touch it all day until I can get back to my razor. It's like an itch that lasts the entire workday.
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Also, when I eat things, I like to pick them apart. For instance, when eating a Snickers, I eat all the chocolate off the sides, then off the top, then I eat the caramel and nuts, then I eat the nougat. People think I'm nuts when they see me doing that. :smile:

I pick apart my food, too - especially pizza. The pepperoni comes off, then the cheese is cooled off, so the cheese is next. The bare crust is last. :blushing:

I do that too! But backwards. I strip the toppings off so I can eat the crust first (sometimes I lick the sauce off first) then I eat the toppings last. It just tastes better when it's not all together.
  • Linda6580
    Linda6580 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    when i hand my washing out to dry i have to use the same colour pegs on each item, and the toilet roll needs to be on the holder the right way, so you pull from the top rather than underneath the roll, if i go to the loo and it is the wrong way i will change the roll round!

I do the toilet paper roll thing too! No matter where i am.
  • Snubbleup
    Snubbleup Posts: 66
    Options
    I picked this one up from my Aunt - when I'm on the baking ailse at the grocery store, I steer my cart over to the shelves with the cake mix, find the boxes of pineapple upside down cake mix and turn them all upside down. I don't realize I'm doing it anymore and I never buy the cake mix (don't care for pineapples).
  • lorac321
    lorac321 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    The TP always has to go OVER the roll. I'll change it at other peoples houses.
    My back is never towards the wall.
    I brush my teeth 4-10 times a day.
    After a dinner party I must clean up the entire mess before I go to bed.
    I'm addicted to doing laundry.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    The other weird thing I do is when I eat food that is inside of other food, a good example is M&M's or Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, but it can be anything, I prefer to first eat the outside part first, then eat the inside part separately. With peanut M&M's, sometimes, I'll even save up all the peanuts, and then eat them all at once.
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    CannibalisticVegetarian Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    Ooh I thought of another one!

Whenever I'm carrying a large bill or a large sum of money in my pocket, I will continuously pat my pockets and check to make sure it's still safe and sound. Sometimes I don't even realize I'm doing it until I look down to find my hand fishing around in the pockets.